Week 16: Bills at Pats - NEWS

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Agholor and Bourne both being out is huge. It's still no way an even playing field with the Bills likely missing Dawkins, Feliciano and Ford on top of Beasley and Davis. But it at least prevents it from being a very heavy personnel advantage for the Patriots. But maybe I should hold my breath because Bourne could theoretically test off the covid list i think. But probably unlikely.

I believe Bourne is back.

Agholor and Stevenson out though 

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What i'm confused about is Dawkins already had it, so shouldn't he have natural antibodies for it built up? So I get you can get it multiple times but shouldn't the vaccine plus his antibodies be able to fight this off in quicker time. I gotta admit I dont try to follow Covid news and just try to live my life. 

Issue is it can be false positives because of this.   Just like Rahm on PGA tour. 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Feliciano and Ford blow. Beasley and David out hurts, but the big one is Dawkins. Still, COVID really isn’t an excuse to lose this game IMO. 

They may blow. But it basically puts us down to a third string guard. Who could in fact be even worse. But yeah Dawkins is the big one. Really need Harris to somehow be inactive for the game now. Bolden doesn't seem like a guy that can beat us on one play like Harris can.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They may blow. But it basically puts us down to a third string guard. Who could in fact be even worse. But yeah Dawkins is the big one. Really need Harris to somehow be inactive for the game now. Bolden doesn't seem like a guy that can beat us on one play like Harris can.

Bates is a better player than Ford imo.

Some of us are acting like Kendrick Bourne is Jason Bourne. He’s a mid tier wide receiver and he has Mac Jones throwing to him. You don’t need to hide from this guy. Does it suck that the Pats* got back one of their better wide receivers? Yes. Is it more so because we will not see Gabriel Davis on the field? Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bates is a better player than Ford imo.

The problem with Bates remains sample size. We know who Ford is and who he isn’t, but with Bates not playing a lot of reps over the last two years, we are just projecting.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What i'm confused about is Dawkins already had it, so shouldn't he have natural antibodies for it built up? So I get you can get it multiple times but shouldn't the vaccine plus his antibodies be able to fight this off in quicker time. I gotta admit I dont try to follow Covid news and just try to live my life. 

Not only is Omicron known to reinfect relatively easily if the prior illness was an earlier variant, but some people just get unlucky. I just read an article by a 30 year old woman who has had Covid 3 times (original, Delta, and Omicron) despite getting vaccinated as well. It could be genetic susceptibility.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Some of us are acting like Kendrick Bourne is Jason Bourne. He’s a mid tier wide receiver and he has Mac Jones throwing to him. You don’t need to hide from this guy. Does it suck that the Pats* got back one of their better wide receivers? Yes. Is it more so because we will not see Gabriel Davis on the field? Absolutely.

This is true. Definitely better if they are missing Harris. Unfortunately he'll probably be playing.

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Not only is Omicron known to reinfect relatively easily if the prior illness was an earlier variant, but some people just get unlucky. I just read an article by a 30 year old woman who has had Covid 3 times (original, Delta, and Omicron) despite getting vaccinated as well. It could be genetic susceptibility.

It could also be that some people take precautions and other people just run around and dont care.

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It could also be that some people take precautions and other people just run around and dont care.

Well, that is a factor at the overall statistical level as well. If you are 95% protected but are then subjected to 500 Covid exposures you are probably more likely to catch it than someone who is, say, 80% protected and is only exposed 3 times. But I don't have amy reason to believe Dawkins is specifically less careful than other teammates.

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

New England reporters tweeting out the Bourne has cleared protocol. 

It's not clear if this is based in testing out, or the Pats applying an interpretation that asymptomatic players aren't spreading the virus so they can play. 

Bourne's tweet implied he tested out. I don't think the Patriots get to apply some special rule without an official announcement of a protocol change, Sills' comments not withstanding.

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Bourne's tweet implied he tested out. I don't think the Patriots get to apply some special rule without an official announcement of a protocol change, Sills' comments not withstanding.

He has...he is cleared to play.

6 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yeah, I don't know where I would get the idea that NE plays by their own set of rules. Forgive me 😃

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.