want home field advantage? Plan ahead don't live in long gone era of the past never coming back.

cba fan

look no further than Lucas Oil Stadium on MNF.

70k+ in a dome was load AF and gave Colts homefield advantage boost.

If Bills build 60k open air it will take away homefield advantage. This mistake will live with Bills for half a century.  On par with the epic multi billion dollar Soldier Field redo mistake Bears are now realizing and trying hard to get out of.

All Super Bowl contenders now are passing teams and open air in poor weather(especially Dec Jan playoff games) negates that advantage. Passing game not changing as all want high scores.

I hope Bills / Pegs / Pols and fans, are paying attention. Don't make same mistake Bears now regret. Even WFT is planning on dome in DC.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

I went to games for 30 years. Home field was alot better back 15 years or more. Before the remodel

that took out around 16000 seats. But the biggest advantage taken away was the metal seats. Everyone

would pound on them and it was deafening. The comeback was so loud my body was vibrating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RVJ said:

I went to games for 30 years. Home field was alot better back 15 years or more. Before the remodel

that took out around 16000 seats. But the biggest advantage taken away was the metal seats. Everyone

would pound on them and it was deafening. The comeback was so loud my body was vibrating.

Agreed.

The stadium is no where near as loud as it once was. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, cba fan said:

If Bills build 60k open air it will take away homefield advantage. This mistake will live with Bills for half a century.  On par with the epic multi billion dollar Soldier Field redo mistake Bears are now realizing and trying hard to get out of.

All Super Bowl contenders now are passing teams and open air in poor weather(especially Dec Jan playoff games) negates that advantage. Passing game not changing as all want high scores.

I hope Bills / Pegs / Pols and fans, are paying attention. Don't make same mistake Bears now regret. Even WFT is planning on dome in DC.

Colts have 4 of their 6 losses at home.

Packers 6-0 at home.

just stop.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, cba fan said:

How is this LAMP any different than the many threads advocating a dome?

If someone can find someone to pay for I am sure donation would be accepted.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Packers 6-0 at home.

just stop.

LMAO...you think that is a direct correlation of the stadium rather than the quality of the team...or Rodgers over Wentz?  LOL it has nothing to do with what kind of stadium they plan in.  Packers are a MUCH better team than the Colts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...you think that is a direct correlation of the stadium rather than the quality of the team...or Rodgers over Wentz?  LOL it has nothing to do with what kind of stadium they plan in.  Packers are a MUCH better team than the Colts.

you clearly missed the point I was responding to....

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you clearly missed the point I was responding to....

You cited the records of two teams at home as to counter his point that we would have better home field advantage with a dome.  Those teams were Packers (outdoor) and Colts (indoor).  So what did I miss?  If I misunderstood then apologies, but I don't know how else to take your post.  Packers are a much better team than the Colts, so their respective home records seem to have nothing to do with the stadiums they play in.  

For me, its clear this team needs a dome.  We have not been any better at playing in bad weather than our opponents are,  in fact a strong case can be made that we are in fact worse at it right now than many of our opponents.  And with Josh Allen here long term, we will have a big air attack for more than a decade.  That is wasted in our bad weather.  

Bills Mafia is the most engaged and loudest fan base in the NFL.  The noise they could create in a dome would make it the toughest place to play in the NFL IMO.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Packers 6-0 at home.

just stop.

You forgot the part about there NOT being a "home field advantage" in the NFL for 3 seasons now! 

LMFAO

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You cited the records of two teams at home as to counter his point that we would have better home field advantage with a dome.  Those teams were Packers (outdoor) and Colts (indoor).  So what did I miss?  If I misunderstood then apologies, but I don't know how else to take your post.  Packers are a much better team than the Colts, so their respective home records seem to have nothing to do with the stadiums they play in.  

For me, its clear this team needs a dome.  We have not been any better at playing in bad weather than our opponents are,  in fact a strong case can be made that we are in fact worse at it right now than many of our opponents.  And with Josh Allen here long term, we will have a big air attack for more than a decade.  That is wasted in our bad weather.  

Bills Mafia is the most engaged and loudest fan base in the NFL.  The noise they could create in a dome would make it the toughest place to play in the NFL IMO.  

you missed his OP.  He claims that Colts had a massive home field advantage because they have a dome, which SB contenders who rely on the passing game suffer from the lack of in cold weather.

I showed all of that is false by stating the obvious:  the Colts don't have a home field advantage this year in a dome.  and the cold weather, high passing SB contending Packers (as an example) haven't lost a game at their outdoor undomed stadium this year.  

Bills didn't need a dome to win 13 games and go to the AFCC (with Josh, with a big "air attack") last year.  Don't need one now.

these dome threads don't get smarter or more convincing with repetition...they collapse under even superficial scrutiny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't mind either way, but let's be realistic and say that the dome is a matter of cost. The Bills are likely to build or not build a dome due to costs and not on field factors. My personal preference is neutral. I don't mind a dome but I also like the outdoor nature of stadiums. 

• Simon locked this topic