Baker out for Browns tonight

Steptide

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

They were afraid of the blowback and Mayfield’s big mouth.  So they gave the Browns 2 extra days to shut them up.  It’s how the NFL operates.  Stumble from 1 crisis to the next.  Never about doing the right thing or what’s fair, only when forced too.  

I think it will be funny for Mayfield's Progressive commercial to be on when he is benched due to test. 

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

For what other QBs would the thread title use the QB's first name instead of last name? I continue to be mystified by why Mayfield is always called "Baker" for some reason. It makes no sense

We all feel like we know him because of those commercials. Since he's not playing tonight I invited him over to help me out with some late season yardwork. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is actually the best outcome for the NFL.  Would’ve been completely unfair to raiders if Mayfield or Keenum could play tonight.  

We'll see how everyone feels if Allen contracts Covid. It's going around like wildfire so don't be shocked or disappointed if we have to play with Trubisky.

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

We'll see how everyone feels if Allen contracts Covid. It's going around like wildfire so don't be shocked or disappointed if we have to play with Trubisky.

I think its just silly that last year the Broncos couldnt even dress a QB and were forced to play but the Browns get their game moved because Mayfield cried about it. I view this covid reserve moves are the same as any injury. Yesterday, Feliciano is supposed to start at G, but in the morning he tests positive and is out. If he got hurt on the first play of the game, he is still out. So no matter what its a test of your depth. The Browns with Mullens are in better shape than most if they got down to their 3rd QB. Washington might be starting Kyle Shurmer or Garrett Gilbert tomorrow. Gilbert joined the team on Friday. 

Moving 3 games was silly. The NFL said they wouldnt change the schedule and then they blinked. Meanwhile, all those guys are still out. What was the point of moving the game? 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

For what other QBs would the thread title use the QB's first name instead of last name? I continue to be mystified by why Mayfield is always called "Baker" for some reason. It makes no sense

His agent reads too many LinkedIn life coaches and influencers.  Brand identity.

17 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Minimal if any loss, the others also out are more of a problem.

Baker is in the high 20s in almost all the QB stats, and this with a quality line, backs and receivers around him. Overrated

He has been hurt this year, but he is probably the 3rd best QB from the class and not even the best in his division 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.