Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd like to think if we can hold them to 14 again, that we will kick their asses.

Yeah, this game boils down to the Bills offense vs the Pats defense.

We all know what the Pats offense wants to do against the Bills defense and they'll probably execute it well, but it's a low potential, low scoring scheme.

The big question is on the other side. Will the Bills offense show up and execute effectively?

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, this game boils down to the Bills offense vs the Pats defense.

We all know what the Pats offense wants to do against the Bills defense and they'll probably execute it well, but it's a low potential, low scoring scheme.

The big question is on the other side. Will the Bills offense show up and execute effectively?

Egg Zachary

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, they're pretty likely to be in better shape than the Bills on the roster front by Sunday. It's a real concern. 

I keep seeing that sentiment, but they're pretty banged up.  Aghelor might not be at 100%, and we don't know about Bourne. That's a big loss to that unit if neither can play.

Who are we definitely missing besides Beasley and Feliciano right now?  Not saying they aren't big losses, but we're fairly deep at WR at least....

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Success said:

I keep seeing that sentiment, but they're pretty banged up.  Aghelor might not be at 100%, and we don't know about Bourne. That's a big loss to that unit if neither can play.

Who are we definitely missing besides Beasley and Feliciano right now?  Not saying they aren't big losses, but we're fairly deep at WR at least....

Well, we're not sure if Dawkins will be 100 percent. I guess Epenesa? He's not a difference maker but he does play a fair amount.  And it's not looking good for Sanders. He's actually been a very good in the slot over the course of his career and is a terrific replacement for Beasley.  

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Well, we're not sure if Dawkins will be 100 percent. I guess Epenesa? He's not a difference maker but he does play a fair amount.  And it's not looking good for Sanders. He's actually been a very good in the slot over the course of his career and is a terrific replacement for Beasley.  

I didn't realize that Sanders might miss. That would be big w/ Cole out.

20 minutes ago, goober said:

And / or he's still testing positive right?  

Here is what a vaccinated player would need to return

There are now three ways for a vaccinated player to return under the new protocols: (CT is referring to the amount of "viral load" a person tests with)

• Two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or produce a CT value of 35 or greater.

• One PCR test that is either negative or produces a CT value of 35 or greater, and a negative Mesa test result taken with 24 hours of the PCR test. (Mesa tests usually return results in less than an hour.)

• Two negative Mesa tests.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Frank Reich told his team before the Patriots game, "We have to win this game." I get the feeling that McDermott doesn't use this approach; it seems like he relies on the players' professionalism. On One Bills Live just now, Chris and Steve were saying players shouldn't need any extra juice. While I agree to an extent, I feel like we've seen players respond well when given that extra juice. I wonder if it's something that's missing with the Bills at times.

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

They were completely one dimensional and beat the Bills, so I’m not seeing the positive here. 

It’s more complicated than that though…they were one dimensional in a very specific way.  You can’t just add the threat of the passing game on top of what they did last time and say they’re going to run it even better.  They were more or less running a goal line offense all game and hoping to break one big run and that that would be enough.  If they’re going to be more balanced this game they will drastically mix up the formations and who knows what will happen.  If they’re rolling with less offensive linemen most plays and we can moderately defend the run out of the nickel they are in a lot of trouble…that’s a big if though. X’s and O’s wise with the injuries they have I just cannot see them beating us as long as Dawkins plays.  But I thought we’d win last time too so what do I know 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Frank Reich told his team before the Patriots game, "We have to win this game." I get the feeling that McDermott doesn't use this approach; it seems like he relies on the players' professionalism. On One Bills Live just now, Chris and Steve were saying players shouldn't need any extra juice. While I agree to an extent, I feel like we've seen players respond well when given that extra juice. I wonder if it's something that's missing with the Bills at times.

What they say to the press and what they say to themselves may be different.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

After the last game and the subsequent coverage and press questioning, i cant imagine he needs to provide them with anything to get the voltage up. Its a locker room full of competitors and alpha's. While i agree there may have been times this year they didnt have an edge to them....IMO theres absolutely no chance this is a game where they'll need help finding juice.

50 minutes ago, Success said:

Totally agreed…they don’t really have a target that demands double teams to begin with and now we’re subtracting Bourne and maybe agholor? Their best chance of success honestly might be to run the same offense as last time lol also Harris has a hamstring issue but I think he can play 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You're free to have your opinion.  There have been many players who are getting their chance to play this year surprising teams.

I will stay positive until proven wrong.  

I think if Sanders plays, Hodgins doesnt. If Sanders is out, Hodgins gets a call up and could see some limited snaps. Hope he can make the most of those. Kumerow might get a few extra runs at WR too in that case.

If Sanders plays the snaps go to Diggs, Davis, Sanders, McKenzie and then Kumerow in spells. 

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I think if Sanders plays, Hodgins doesnt. If Sanders is out, Hodgins gets a call up and could see some limited snaps. Hope he can make the most of those. Kumerow might get a few extra runs at WR too in that case.

If Sanders plays the snaps go to Diggs, Davis, Sanders, McKenzie and then Kumerow in spells. 

My point was that if Stevenson or Kumerow have to step up this week or in the coming weeks they get an opportunity to show what they can do.

Stevenson hasn't even been targeted yet.

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

There is nothing a coach can say, NOTHING AT ALL, to provide extra “juice.” If a player can’t provide his own motivation, he doesn’t have what it takes in the first place. Everyone loves the romantic idea of a Knute Rockne willing a team to victory with his words, but that’s never been the case. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.