I know it is a long way out - 8 Days, but you got to be kidding Foxborough Weather

Billsfan1972

16 minutes ago, Success said:

Well, you're juggling the goalposts all over the place here.

My only point was that the wind hurts the rook much more.  Because he has a weak arm.  So, NE basically HAS to establish their run game, and get a lead.

If the Bills take a lead, and Mac has to throw?  Much more limiting for that team.  Allen can throw all game, regardless of conditions.

Mac threw a ton of yards in garbage time, yes.  Good point.

Not moving the goal post..your premise...they way I took it was. NE fans need to fear Allen's big arm compared to Mac..which in general why do fans need to fear any QB when BB is the coach.

So i replied..but you are talking about the weather. You have no idea how bad the weather is going to be and how it's going to affect either QB.  Allen does throw pics no matter the weather. 

And You honestly have no idea how Mac can play n how he is going to play. I can see fans are going to be so locked in on the windy game in Buffalo and use it as a negative against Jones, again.

"His noodle" arm, "I can't wait to see how he responds being down 14"

Well in the indy game He threw for almost 300 yrds..2TDs and the last TD the ball was zipped right into Henry before the defender could get there.

But hey...its much better to down size him..

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Not moving the goal post..your premise...they way I took was fans need to fear Allen's big arm compared to Mac..

So i replied..but you are talking about the weather. You have no idea how bad the weather is going to be and how it's going to affect either QB.  Allen does throw pics no matter the weather. 

And You honestly have no idea how Mac can play n how he is going to play. I can see fans are going to be so locked in on the windy game in Buffalo and use it as a negative against Jones, again.

Well in the indy game He threw for almost 300 yrds..2TDs and the last TD the ball was zipped right into Henry before the defender could get there.

He's literally the most overrated player I have seen in decades.

He has more time in the pocket that basically any QB in the NFL.  Even w/ that, he gave the game away with 2 crucial picks early yesterday.

Yay for him - he made a big throw to Harry late.  Too late. He had already given the game away.

There is as much chance that he becomes a career backup as there is that he's playing for NE in 5 years.

• Agree 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

Sounds good enough to me.

We should be able to work well with weather like that, while Mac should have trouble trying to keep up.

Put the pedal to the floor, run up a couple TD lead, and make NE have to try and catch up.  That's when the mistakes and/or turnovers will start for them.

Get them feeling awkward from the beginning.

No mistakes, especially mental mistakes, for any Bills for the first several possessions.

I'm not sure they can play mistake free football for 10 minutes, but they are going to have to.

That would be my challenge to the team this week.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Success said:

He's literally the most overrated player I have seen in decades.

He has more time in the pocket that basically any QB in the NFL.  Even w/ that, he gave the game away with 2 crucial picks early yesterday.

Yay for him - he made a big throw to Harry late.  Too late. He had already given the game away.

There is as much chance that he becomes a career backup as there is that he's playing for NE in 5 years.

All your opinion and you are welcomed to it. Reality is...no Pat fan is in fear over the bills QB being better in good or bad weather. Schemes and play can help neutralize all that stuff. It's been like that  since the first pro football game was ever played.

The best roster/player/ team doesn't always win.

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

i don’t trust any charities now.

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I can guarantee you from a lifetime of sailing/boating and hunting, forecasting wind a week out is virtually impossible with regard to speed/gusts.   

General wind direction maybe, temps within 10 degrees probably, but thats it.  The rest is meaningless guessing at this point.

Also the wind at Highmark has that swirling effect due to how the stadium was built.   Be interesting to see how they draw up plans for the new stadium if it ends up being in OP and if they factor best way to maybe minimize the winds effect on games played at the new stadium.  In any event the same swirling wind effect doesn't travel with the team so the weather and wind factor may play out quite differently.

Edited by AuntieEm

21 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You're right. Let's blame the gods for building a light weight,  fast track predominant passing offense to thrive in the elements of Western NY or any other cold weather state. 😅

And a few years ago people were complaining that the Bills had an offense from the 70s and when were they going to join the 21st century and develop a passing game like the rest of the league

It may be a bit windy, but not nearly enough to be a major factor in the short to intermediate passing game.  The Bills thrive on intermediate passes, but only attempt a handful off deep balls in a game, like 2 or 3.  It's hard to say what Belichick will try on offense, but it seems unlikely he will again abandon the passing game entirely, especially with Tre White unavailable.  He'll still probably rely heavily on the run, which means McDermott is going to have to figure out how to stop it if he wants to win.  Of course, Daboll also has to figure out how to limit the damage of New England's pressure and the Bills' own inconsistency running the football.

5 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

And a few years ago people were complaining that the Bills had an offense from the 70s and when were they going to join the 21st century and develop a passing game like the rest of the league

The team finally delivers what we have wanted for 30 years (last year) and we make it to the AFC Championship game.

And now there is an entire contingent of Bills fan that wants us to return to a run-dominant game.

It's utter stupidity.

Either we can win the Super Bowl this year with a crazy passing attack, or someone else WILL.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The team finally delivers what we have wanted for 30 years (last year) and we make it to the AFC Championship game.

And now there is an entire contingent of Bills fan that wants us to return to a run-dominant game.

It's utter stupidity.

Either we can win the Super Bowl this year with a crazy passing attack, or someone else WILL.

Don't want that, but we need to be able to run the ball when the weather is bad, and we need to run it to keep teams from teeing off on Josh.

16 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Not moving the goal post..your premise...they way I took it was. NE fans need to fear Allen's big arm compared to Mac..which in general why do fans need to fear any QB when BB is the coach.

Lol….in the stadium with exactly 0 wind.  Good luck noodley.

you only stand a chance because of we currently have a circus along the OL and you have the refs in your pocket.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol….in the stadium with exactly 0 wind.  Good luck noodley.

you only stand a chance because of we currently have a circus along the OL and you have the refs in your pocket.

big time sour grapes...

haha you truly cant believe this..standing at the record you are standing at, losing the games that you lost...you aren't playing the Jets you are fighting for the division. Horrible approach to use the excuse of the weather too..

Edited by Ghost_002!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.