Around the League: Week 15

Ridgewaycynic2013

Harbaugh passed up 4 easy points in this game and his team lost by 1 point. I can't believe the media lets coaches get away with this crap because some win probability calculator popped out a slightly higher number. Always take the points until you're forced to be aggressive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well for all you % making the playoffs fans IF the Ravens lose to the Bengals next week their number is 27%.

They also have to play the Rams and Steelers.

I hope this doesn't come into play, but if we lose to the Pats it's not enough to say, "Well, the Ravens are on the ropes".

The Chiefs, Pats, Colts, Chargers and Titans are virtual locks to get into the postseason. One of the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals will win the AFC North. Of the remaining two, the Bills will most likely need both to get to 8 losses if we finish 10-7 and want to get in as a WC. 

Our odds are basically a flip of a coin if we don't win out

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

For purely this week, if the Ravens win then the Bills will stay as seventh seed if the Browns also win. If the Browns lose then the Bills drop to eighth.

It's the opposite...if the Browns win tomorrow we move to eight.  If they lose we stay in 7th.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

I hope this doesn't come into play, but if we lose to the Pats it's not enough to say, "Well, the Ravens are on the ropes".

The Chiefs, Pats, Colts, Chargers and Titans are virtual locks to get into the postseason. One of the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals will win the AFC North. Of the remaining two, the Bills will most likely need both to get to 8 losses if we finish 10-7 and want to get in as a WC. 

Disagree.  Go check out the ESPN playoff simulator, or run the numbers more closely yourself.

We don't need 2 of the Afc north teams at 8 losses, but there are a few scenarios that the Ravens get in ahead of us with 7 losses.  Root for Cincy next week.

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Ravens have a meat grinder for a schedule. I believe they finish at 9-8.

The Browns have the Raiders.....then at Green Bay, Pittsburgh and at Cincy. I definitely see two losses there.

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Disagree.  Go check out the ESPN playoff simulator, or run the numbers more closely yourself.

We don't need 2 of the Afc north teams at 8 losses, but there are a few scenarios that the Ravens get in ahead of us with 7 losses.  Root for Cincy next week.

The key game is the week after that.  The Chiefs need to win at the Bengals.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Ravens have a meat grinder for a schedule. I believe they finish at 9-8.

The Browns have the Raiders.....then at Green. ay, Pittsburgh and at Cincy. I definitely see two losses there.

I agree but unfortunately they might be the least of our concerns and we would still need more help in a 10-7 scenario.

What would really be great is if a team like the Chargers would slip up and lose an unthinkable Jags like game, such as at the Texans next week

15 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

He didn’t look too much different from Lamar. 

One is a former 1st round pick with an MVP 🏆 on his shelf. The other is a former undrafted FA. One is about to hit a $35-40M dollar a year payday.

The fact they looked the same and competed at the same high level is exactly the point.

1 minute ago, motorj said:

I only see the ravens, bengals or browns stealing the bills spot if 10-7 so need them to lose out as much as possible

The chargers play Houston, Denver and the raiders.  I could see them possibly going 3-0, more likely 2-1, doubtful 1-2

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, let's just beat the Pats.

If we get swept by the Patriots, not only do we not really deserve to make the playoffs - but we're simply not a SB caliber team.

We have ONE tough game remaining.  Gotta take it.

I’m still going to want to find a way in here even if we lose that game. You have seen this year how anything can happen in a 1 game spot. Winning in Gillette is anything but a given. We need as many outs as possible. I don’t care how we get in, just get in. Obviously I’d love us to win out. Then it’s simple. But at the end of the day, find a way to get in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.