Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

It makes no sense to me.  i said it on the first one too. Always take the easy 3, unless it’s late and you Have to go for it.  These 4th and goals are really hard, i don’t care what the analytics say. and the chippy FG is probably 95+%

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Herbert is lucky that wasn't a pick six.  IMO they can take their analytics and shove it into the back end of a computer.

Analytics are for losers. I hate the term. I hate the FF sh1t. It’s really nerdy. Take the fn points. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

It makes no sense to me.  i said it on the first one too. Always take the easy 3, unless it’s late and you Have to go for it.  These 4th and goals are really hard, i don’t care what the analytics say. and the chippy FG is probably 95+%

I agree.  It's one thing if it was 4th and goal from inside the one or it was 4th and inches from the 5.  But for sure at the end of the half after Mahomes gift wraps a fumble take the damn points.

1 minute ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Smart move would have been field goal.

But why do y'all care? They're way more entertaining playing like that as a neutral fan.

Because we like to complain!

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope the Chargers lose by a FG, i really do. i think the decisions were dumb and unnecessary in the first half of a close game. I want them to feel the pain of those dumb decisions.  i hate the analytics BS.  and coaches trying to show what brass balls they have 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HomeTeam said:

During the AFC championship game, I remember the board was very upset when we would take the field goal. We all knew we needed touchdowns to keep up with KC.

If it did not work, you made the wrong decision..😀

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah it’s a good point … if it’s longer than 2 yards than the odds of converting must be less than 50 percent…

It’s interesting to me though that when a team goes for it on 4th and Goal and scores the TD no one ever says that they should have kicked the FG…

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

During the AFC championship game, I remember the board was very upset when we would take the field goal. We all knew we needed touchdowns to keep up with KC.

But weren't we behind at the time?  I have no problem taking FG's when the score is close or you're ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, motorj said:

If they make at least 1 of those they have the 2 fg's back +1 or 2. It's a ballsy gamble though

It's a lack of confidence in your defense to win a game where you don't score TDs on every drive. And playing with that mindset means you don't take 3rd downs as seriously as you should. I actually do agree with the 4th and 1 decision to go for it, not just because of the benefit of hindsight but because gaining 1 yard is probably about as likely as making a 45 yard field goal. So that one I get and it worked out for them. Passing up two chip shot field goals could bite them in the end. This is looking like a close divisional game that will come down to one score.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.