Trouble brewing in Jacksonville

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I might be projecting the Roman experience too much..........but as I've said,  that Wood/Glenn lead OL was seen as a disaster under Marrone..........this board was pretty distraught about the situation...........the only real talent upgrade they made was adding Incognito and upgrading the coaching.

John Miller was not talented.........the Bills reached for him and the scheme made him look serviceable.    And Jordan Mills was hated in Chicago........just considered a lousy player they had to start and despite all of the chances he got to wear on DE's he was never anything better than horrible in pass pro.   

And that offense dominated the run game and the Bills averaged over 6 plays of 20 yards or more per game in those 2 years.

So IMO,  getting one stud OG might make a world of difference.    Daryl Williams will likely be back at the other guard..........they are in a bad dead money spot if they cut him.    I can't see a complete switch out and it's probably not needed.   But Mitch Morse needs a body guard inside.   

So that does bring up an interesting point.  I remember Back In Da Day under Marrone, sandwiched between Urbik at LG and Pears at RG, Wood appeared to be a whirlpool of suckage at C.  This despite having clearly been the Engine Who Could between Levitre and Urbik in 2012, when we were like 6th in rush yards.

Then the next year between Incognito and Miller (and book-ended by Glenn and Henderson the whole time) we were #1 in rush yards and Wood was laying the lumber again.

So clearly you have a point that one stout G can make a difference, and the inferred point (about Miller) that scheme and how the guys are used makes a difference, too. 

Oh, and a cautionary tale for all those guys (not you) who are clamoring for us to draft a LT and move Dawkins to LG.  Pears was a servicable RT with Gailey.  Marrone moved him to RG where he blew great big wads of suckage all season long.  Pears moved on to San Francisco, where he played 16 ok (not good) games at RT albeit on a bad team.  Fellas, don't assume that if you don't like how a guy is playing at T he'll be better at G.

Miller, BTW, is still in the league starting at G (though he's no Wyatt Teller)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

People talk about a team having "statement wins" The Bills did that against KC this year. Conversely though the loss to the trainwreck Jags is a "statement LOSS". A perfect combination of McD not having his team ready for the Jags, the Bills offense taking the Jags lightly and some freakish bad luck. Did the Bills talk smack about the Jags the week before? Because it sure seemed like the team was motivated to defeat the Bills. I still cant get my head around the fact that despite all I just mentioned, that the Bills still lost. The Jags look like a really badly coached team who cannot stand their coach (who just looks and acts like he doesnt want to be there).

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

to be honest, Lawrence has been sub-Minshew so far.

He stinks 

Yeah….that’s why I feel sorry for him.  He has the worst HC in the league.  He’s learning how to play in the NFL….from a college coach.  Cj Beathard is his vet.  

He’d be RoY if he were drafted onto the pats.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I only wish they had camera in the facility for this interaction:

During a staff meeting, Meyer delivered a biting message that he's a winner and his assistant coaches are losers, according to several people informed of the contents of the meeting, challenging each coach individually to explain when they've ever won and forcing them to defend their résumés.

He’s got retreads on his staff like Darrel Bevel and Brian Schottenheimer and a bunch of nobodies.   I’d love to hear them justify why they are winner!  

Not surprised that Urban is struggling in the NFL.  This is what happens when a big time coach who is used to being worshipped in college jumps to the NFL.  

Just disgusting 🤢🤢

You know, the funny thing is that Darrell Bevell actually was a SB-winning OC in Seattle with a creative offense. And he got there again the next year albeit Seattle lost in the last minute on the Wilson INT (not as bad a call as people think because NE had brought in their heavy stop-the-run package and Lynch had usually been stuffed in those situations over the course of the season).

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah….that’s why I feel sorry for him.  He has the worst HC in the league.  He’s learning how to play in the NFL….from a college coach.  Cj Beathard is his vet.  

He’d be RoY if he were drafted onto the pats.  

Maybe.  But I'm skeptical.

• Vomit 1

20 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I only wish they had camera in the facility for this interaction:

During a staff meeting, Meyer delivered a biting message that he's a winner and his assistant coaches are losers, according to several people informed of the contents of the meeting, challenging each coach individually to explain when they've ever won and forcing them to defend their résumés.

He’s got retreads on his staff like Darrel Bevel and Brian Schottenheimer and a bunch of nobodies.   I’d love to hear them justify why they are winner!  

Not surprised that Urban is struggling in the NFL.  This is what happens when a big time coach who is used to being worshipped in college jumps to the NFL.  

Just disgusting 🤢🤢

That is pretty effed up.  Urban is going to cash in on the terrible job he did coaching the Jags, but I think he has now burned a lot of bridges.  I don’t think he gets another big TV or coaching gig l, nor should he.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.