Josh Allen Complaints

george c

20 hours ago, SCBills said:

He should absolutely complain... that Judon hit is a flag 95% of the time this year.  

But for the love of God, STOP TRYING TO DRAW DEFENSES OFFSIDE

Either we jump, or they jump and we think it's a free play when it's not.  

It cracks me up when he’s barking trying to get defenders to jump and they don’t.  Then he looks around like he doesn’t know what to do and they call a timeout.

I don’t know what it was about EJ Manuel but he was good at it.  

• Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Except it was the right call. People forget that. It was a God awful rule! But the ref got the call right.

Ahh, I'm not up for debating, especially when the facts are not helpful to my cause in this case. You're a decent sort, considering by some curse of birth or circumstance you ended up rooting for the evil empire. Nothing you can say will convince me the zebras aren't habitually inclined to help out certain fellas and teams. It isn't simply earned points for excellence, though I grant that plays a role.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, I'm not up for debating, especially when the facts are not helpful to my cause in this case. You're a decent sort, considering by some curse of birth or circumstance you ended up rooting for the evil empire. Nothing you can say will convince me the zebras aren't habitually inclined to help out certain fellas and teams. It isn't simply earned points for excellence, though I grant that plays a role.

Oh the refs can be horrid at times.. and yes I saw many a favorable call during the Brady/BB years.. But I bet the Bills are now getting their fair share of favorable calls too. (I don’t see a ton of their games but even Monday they got a few close to questionable calls)

12 hours ago, fasteddie said:

If you don't see anyone in front of you,  run that way. Don't try and do a spin-o-Rama, a la Mahomes.

I don't know about you but I,m 100% confident that if Allen SAW that no one was in front of him he would have run there.  Again the expectations surrounding what Allen can and can't do under these circumstances are insane.  He's not a Marvel Movie Super Hero.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, george c said:

Is just me who feels this way, or do others feel that Josh is complaining to the refs a little too much when he is hit?

The Monday night game was not a good look for Josh. The complaints were on every hit, and at some point, the refs may not give him a roughing call when he really deserves it.  

Well, NOT complaining wasn’t getting him anywhere so……….

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, BTB said:

It doesn’t matter if he complains or not…don’t you know the refs and the NFL have it out for the Bills?  At least that is what the tin foil hat wearing people here will tell you…especially when the Bills lose. 

What’s wrong with my tin foil hat?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh the refs can be horrid at times.. and yes I saw many a favorable call during the Brady/BB years.. But I bet the Bills are now getting their fair share of favorable calls too. (I don’t see a ton of their games but even Monday they got a few close to questionable calls)

A few. That loss was mainly on play execution. The win was there to be taken. I'm salty about the usual BB genius crap immediately forthcoming from lazy commentators. Easily could have gone the other way. From a Bills' perspective, I can only hope there is a successful effort in the offseason to upgrade the oline significantly. Size at rb and wr wouldn't be bad either. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

A few. That loss was mainly on play execution. The win was there to be taken. I'm salty about the usual BB genius crap immediately forthcoming from lazy commentators. Easily could have gone the other way. From a Bills' perspective, I can only hope there is a successful effort in the offseason to upgrade the oline significantly. Size at rb and wr wouldn't be bad either. 

Size and strength matters playing smash mouth football.  Boxing defenders out with bigger size vs speed/finesse is a better fit for Allens lower flying laser shots IMO. Mixture of the two would be ideal IMO. Bills need a Dome in my humble opinion. 

Great posting Dr. Who

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, george c said:

Is just me who feels this way, or do others feel that Josh is complaining to the refs a little too much when he is hit?

The Monday night game was not a good look for Josh. The complaints were on every hit, and at some point, the refs may not give him a roughing call when he really deserves it.  

The Judon hit where he flattens him falling on top with his full weight, always gets called for veteran QBs. These refs are so unpredictable and many would say,vindictive (Tony Corrente) Why not complain, it can't hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't know about you but I,m 100% confident that if Allen SAW that no one was in front of him he would have run there.  Again the expectations surrounding what Allen can and can't do under these circumstances are insane.  He's not a Marvel Movie Super Hero.

He’s paid like one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.