I wouldn't trade Allen for anyone in the league

Success

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, I'm not even sure how to respond to that one.  Allen couldn't have done more last night.

Like I said, there were opportunities to win the game and he didn't deliver.

At some point you have to win in spite of the horrendous circumstances around you, in this case HC, OC, oline.

16 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Allen is a great QB. He was very good yesterday. I think he was also part of the execution problem in RZ last drive (he missed Diggs on 2nd down 

I was curious about that throw to Diggs as well but I wouldn't be surprised if that throw was more on Diggs. That was a designed back shoulder throw and Diggs is supposed to break back at the pylon, and Allen times the break aims for the pylon away from the db. Diggs seemed like he went past the plyon by a yard or 2 and if he broke right on the pylon the pass was on the money. Either way I wish we had that pass back, Diggs was open. Josh had few misses but none were as bad as all the drops his recievers had.

Rodgers - Jones/Dillon

Herbert - Eckeler 

Borrow - Mixon

Brady - Fournette 

Dak - Zeke 

Mahomes - Had Hunt for career year; CEH

Allen - Devin Singletary/Zach Moss

There is no elite QB in THE ENTIRE NFL that has done more with less help then Josh Allen.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Success said:

The only QB I think is really "better" is Rogers, and he's getting old - so I don't make that trade.

Objectively, there isn't another QB in the league I'd rather have.  He can literally do everything at this point - touch passes, bombs, playing in the wind & bad conditions, running, diagnosing defenses & changing plays at the line.  HIs play is guts personified - he is fearless out there.  Outside of Brady, I'd be hard-pressed to think of a QB who is more driven, competitive and obsessed w/ improving.

Compared to Mac Jones?  Please. We'll have the better QB as long as he's in NE, by a mile. Last night showed me that the hype is just that - hype.  I know people will say they didn't have to pass, but they didn't WANT to pass. Jones is a game manager playing under the best coach & in one of the best systems. He'd be average at best anywhere else.

I agree...and yet we've lost to two rookies, Ryan Tannehill, a washed up Big Ben, and Carson f-ing Wentz...something's wrong with this picture. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen was not the reason this team lost last night but at one point you have to carry a team and will them to victory and for $250M the results have simply not been there especially in close games like last night where multiple opportunities to win presented themself.

Many factors go into every loss, just like last night.

Having said that, had Allen made some plays there were absolutely THERE to be made (not many either) at the end of the game, we would have won.

When the going gets tough, he panics and has trouble finding people to throw the ball to.

In that regard, he is not an elite passer.

Had he just thrown to the wide open man, we score a TD EASILY at the end of the game and win.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

43 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

There are a few QBs that are still ahead of him in the mental part of the game, but his physical attributes are second to none. You gotta hope next year good decision making will be further amplified by a better supporting cast. Next year could’ve been this year though, but Beane didn’t make those moves, he just decided to “run it back” with the same roster that failed in the AFCCG.

I agree his physical attributes are perfect for Buffalo. He does have to improve mentally. Not throwing to Beasley on the 5 was a poor decision. Beane is the guy I'm starting to get pissed at.  He knew last year JA masked an incredibly weak OL. Drafting Singletary and Moss are busts. If Beane doesn't hit some OL homeruns this spring,  he'll be in the hot seat.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Having said that, had Allen made some plays there were absolutely THERE to be made (not many either) at the end of the game, we would have won.

When the going gets tough, he panics and has trouble finding people to throw the ball to.

Had he just thrown to the wide open man, we score a TD EASILY at the end of the game and win.

That sums it up perfectly.

I've been a critic of Allen and still question the extension despite his numbers this year being almost on par with last seasons output, but he simply doesn't perform well under pressure in key moments which is what (elite) franchise QB's have to do more times than not.

It doesn't mean that's always going to be the case but anybody that's claiming otherwise right now is simply not paying attention to the facts.

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen was not the reason this team lost last night but at one point you have to carry a team and will them to victory and for $250M the results have simply not been there especially in close games like last night where multiple opportunities to win presented themself.

He did carry them .. he hit Diggs in the hands .. super hard catch but going into the wind .. what a pass. He hit Knox in the end zone in the hands .. he broke runs (our leading rusher). If only he could play LB we might not have given up 200+ yards on the ground. At this point you are seemingly just reaching for reasons for him to not be great.  He was the offense last night.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again, I'm not blaming Allen. I've been critical of him but he's probably the only reason this team is 7-5 right and why we were still in the game last night.

But at some point you have simply win games and that's what separates true elite franchise QB's from just good ones. Allen is good but not good enough yet anyways.

Allen cannot do everything. At some point, the team around him must step up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've been a critic of Allen and still question the extension despite his numbers this year being almost on par with last seasons output, but he simply doesn't perform well under pressure in key moments which is what (elite) franchise QB's have to do more times than not.

It doesn't mean that's always going to be the case but anybody that's claiming otherwise right now is simply not paying attention to the facts.

This is just ignoring the facts. he was running for his life avoiding one of those bad sacks .. as he is aught to do, and threw a pass into the wind that Belichek would not let his QB touch and aside from the drop by Knox we win. I think it comes down to this for you "I've been a critic of Allen and still question the extension". I am certain being wrong bothers you, but Mr. Beast .. you are wrong. Seriously who would you prefer to have for the next 10 years. 

I agree.  

Given we apparently will be an outside home team forever (please design a stadium to cut down on wind), Allen is the QB I'd take.. I'd honestly take him regardless.  

He still has some growing to do in the mental/maturity aspect of Quarterbacking, but talent-wise, heart, skill, determination he's unmatched.  

Give him any semblance of a running game..

We're needing him to be better than Rodgers, without Aaron Jones/AJ Dillon..  Better than Mahomes, without Humphrey/Smith/CEH.. Better than Herbert, without Ekeler..  Better than Brady, without Fournette/Jones.. etc 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Bills could’ve scored a TD on either of those last 2 drives, every story about last nights game would’ve been about Belichik not trusting his QB.  

Alas, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas! 

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I've heard so many takes that it said nothing about Jones, because they didn't have to pass. But I agree 100% - it was clear to me what they thought of Jones, and where they think his ceiling might be.  

I disagree.  Belichick has the same game plan with a rookie Brady or a rookie Josh Allen.  Why pass when you don't have to?

Unfortunately part of the "you don't have to" calculation was that Belichick knew the 4th year QB on the opposing sideline wouldn't hurt him (not to mention the opposing OL, OC, etc).

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again, I'm not blaming Allen. I've been critical of him but he's probably the only reason this team is 7-5 right and why we were still in the game last night.

But at some point you have simply win games and that's what separates true elite franchise QB's from just good ones. Allen is good but not good enough yet anyways.

That's exactly right.  No one is saying Josh hasn't been good.  On a scale of 1 to 10, we need him to be a 10 and he's getting paid like a 10, but he's given us a 7 this season.

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

This is just ignoring the facts. he was running for his life avoiding one of those bad sacks .. as he is aught to do, and threw a pass into the wind that Belichek would not let his QB touch and aside from the drop by Knox we win. I think it comes down to this for you "I've been a critic of Allen and still question the extension". I am certain being wrong bothers you, but Mr. Beast .. you are wrong. Seriously who would you prefer to have for the next 10 years. 

Again it's not that I don't believe Allen may not be the long term answer, it's what's happening at present and how he has taken a big step backwards after signing the richest QB deal in league history.

But for sure I would still take Mahomes or Kyler Murray (right now) over Allen if I had the opportunity to do it. Still think Lamar Jackson has been phenomenal as well given that half his team is on IR but that may be catching up to him as well over the last few weeks.

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is such faulty analysis, and the bolded is incomprehensible.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Youre always first in line to criticize the guy.  The contract was a no brainer.   Guy doesnt panic because the game is close.  He runs for his life half the time and has to make plays out of nothing.   At this point he may as well throw hinself the ball.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again it's not that I don't believe Allen may not be the long term answer, it's what's happening at present and how he has taken a big step backwards after signing the richest QB deal in league history.

But for sure I would still take Mahomes or Kyler Murray (right now) over Allen if I had the opportunity to do it. Still think Lamar Jackson has been phenomenal as well given that half his team is on IR but that may be catching up to him as well over the last few weeks.

He hasnt taken a step backwards and his contract isnt the richest deal in history.  His stats are on par what he did last year and Mahomes contract is bigger than his. 

But go ahead and ignore actual facts on your way to buy a Murray jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, harryS said:

Jones is easily the best rookie QB and will continue to develop and improve under Belichick.  I agree that Allen is better as of today but it might not be the case in two or three years. 

Perhaps; he has shown his mental acuity.

But I think his physical tools are, quite simply, lacking and as such he will never teach an elite level (ie, on par w JA17). Brady had much better physical skills.

I mean, didn't we see how utterly slow and ineffective he was in the missed roll out pass? I was shocked, tbh. 

Hell, he's slower than Alec Baldwin accepting responsibility for his actions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.