I wouldn't trade Allen for anyone in the league

Success

Regarding Jones - he has skated by against bad competition with superior game plans.

If the Colts shut him down - combined w/ NE's lack of trust in him yesterday - the doubt will start to creep in.

They are not winning the SB with this rookie.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Regarding Jones - he has skated by against bad competition with superior game plans.

If the Colts shut him down - combined w/ NE's lack of trust in him yesterday - the doubt will start to creep in.

They are not winning the SB with this rookie.

Probably not, but winning the East is embarrassing enough.

8 hours ago, Success said:

Did anyone catch BB's extended conversation with Josh after the game?  That was respect.  He went out of his way to find Allen.

Last year before the 2nd game, BB made some comments about JA that were uncharacteristic. He didn't criticize him, but it was clear he thought Allen was overhyped.

I think he's come around on that.  

If BB had Allen, we would be talking about 15 years of another Pats dynasty. Even BB can only dream of what he could do with a QB like Allen. He knows and it shows. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We are only just beginning to witness the legend of Josh Allen. Imagine what Allen is going to do in the coming years once he get’s a better supporting cast. Imagine the nasty things Allen is going to do with a better o-line and a rushing attack. My goodness, just thinking about a RB like Jonathan Taylor and a better o-line makes me excited for the future. I honestly can’t wait because I know Allen is going to bring multiple Lombardis here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, FFadpecr said:

This! 

This is what I’d do. I’d draft OG, OC, OT, OG and a few CBs as insurance late in the draft. I’d then give the RBs one last chance at a fair evaluation with a better revamped offensive line. This draft is not good for RBs anyways and not many good FAs. Let’s see what happens with a better o-line and we can always make a trade for a RB halfway through the season if Singletary still isn’t showing signs of breaking out. 

7 hours ago, mannc said:

What's the final score of that game if we swap QBs with NE?  38-3?  

I had a laugh imagining what our offense would have looked like with New England's game plan. What are we thinking, 30 total yards of offense? That's probably optimistic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I had a laugh imagining what our offense would have looked like with New England's game plan. What are we thinking, 30 total yards of offense? That's probably optimistic.

That tells you everything you need to know about how much Allen carries this team. It’s obvious we don’t have enough talent in place outside of Allen. Brown is the only one showing promise on the o-line. We need a total revamp. Bill with Allen and the Pats are probably undefeated and Super Bowl favorites. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If BB had Allen, we would be talking about 15 years of another Pats dynasty. Even BB can only dream of what he could do with a QB like Allen. He knows and it shows. 

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I really loved how BB made a bee-line for Allen yesterday.  He did a quick handshake w/ McD, but spent some time w/ Allen and gave him a half-hug at the end. You could see the respect.  I can't remember him doing that w/ too many QB's, at least while the cameras were on him.  

Belichick loves old school football & those kinds of players.  I have to believe he loved not only the way Josh stood tough to make great throws, but on some of the runs, he just put his body on the line and wouldn't be denied.

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Success said:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I really loved how BB made a bee-line for Allen yesterday.  He did a quick handshake w/ McD, but spent some time w/ Allen and gave him a half-hug at the end. You could see the respect.  I can't remember him doing that w/ too many QB's, at least while the cameras were on him.  

Belichick loves old school football & those kinds of players.  I have to believe he loved not only the way Josh stood tough to make great throws, but on some of the runs, he just put his body on the line and wouldn't be denied.

I can't even imagine what the Pats (or even the Browns or Indy) would look like if they had Josh Allen.  He's being squandered right now by McBeane.   

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I can't even imagine what the Pats (or even the Browns or Indy) would look like if they had Josh Allen.  He's being squandered right now by McBeane.   

They would be scary good and super bowl favorites. We would be likely witnessing undefeated on a team like the Pats or Indy. I still think we an be scary good, but we aren’t there yet obviously. Another offseason or 2 and I feel like we will be unstoppable for a handful of years. 

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again, I'm not blaming Allen. I've been critical of him but he's probably the only reason this team is 7-5 right and why we were still in the game last night.

But at some point you have simply win games and that's what separates true elite franchise QB's from just good ones. Allen is good but not good enough yet anyways.

Please, enough with the passive/aggressive trolling - it's boring.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We are only just beginning to witness the legend of Josh Allen. Imagine what Allen is going to do in the coming years once he get’s a better supporting cast. Imagine the nasty things Allen is going to do with a better o-line and a rushing attack. My goodness, just thinking about a RB like Jonathan Taylor and a better o-line makes me excited for the future. I honestly can’t wait because I know Allen is going to bring multiple Lombardis here. 

If the QB's were flipped last night how badly would the Bills have been beaten?  40 - 3? Imagine how effective play action passes would have been with Allen cutting through the wind over the top of our 11 in the box defense desperately trying to stop the run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Actually it wasn't, 5th year option sure but there was absolutely no reason for Beane to rush pay a guy who had one good season and was somewhat of an historical anomoly making the type of leap he did in year 3. A good GM would have made him prove it again like Mahomes did.

But again, not Allen's fault that we have a GM whose's made a series of very bad moves here that wanted to justify his only true good draft pick. But this is actually good news for folks like myself that see through Beane and McDermott because guess who will be the first to go between them and Allen...

Really now.  So after his 5th season you want to franchise Allen until he's an unrestricted free agent then have to pay him over $50,000,000 per year for ten years?  Is that your plan?

8 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

As far as Jones goes, why throw it last night when you were running it effectively. 

Because they came very close to losing the game.  A couple of play action passes would have likely resulted in huge gains/TD's for the Pats and a comfortable win.  They didn't throw the ball because on the one pass in the first half Jones did throw it was a wounded duck that required a highlight reel catch to gain 12 yards.  The way the Pats were running the ball play action passes would have killed the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Actually it wasn't, 5th year option sure but there was absolutely no reason for Beane to rush pay a guy who had one good season and was somewhat of an historical anomoly making the type of leap he did in year 3. A good GM would have made him prove it again like Mahomes did.

But again, not Allen's fault that we have a GM whose's made a series of very bad moves here that wanted to justify his only true good draft pick. But this is actually good news for folks like myself that see through Beane and McDermott because guess who will be the first to go between them and Allen...

Uhhhhh didn’t Mahomes also get his big deal after his third season as well??

Josh is a good person. A great talent. The best player on that field last night. Only 3 QBs could throw into the West 40 mph and bounce off hands.

Give him OL and run help. Once Coach unleashed him…not perfect but he ran out of time.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

play action passes would have killed the Bills.

19 days.  19 days. 19 days. 
My god, that could get horribly ugly.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Success said:

The only QB I think is really "better" is Rogers, and he's getting old - so I don't make that trade.

Objectively, there isn't another QB in the league I'd rather have.  He can literally do everything at this point - touch passes, bombs, playing in the wind & bad conditions, running, diagnosing defenses & changing plays at the line.  HIs play is guts personified - he is fearless out there.  Outside of Brady, I'd be hard-pressed to think of a QB who is more driven, competitive and obsessed w/ improving.

Compared to Mac Jones?  Please. We'll have the better QB as long as he's in NE, by a mile. Last night showed me that the hype is just that - hype.  I know people will say they didn't have to pass, but they didn't WANT to pass. Jones is a game manager playing under the best coach & in one of the best systems. He'd be average at best anywhere else.

To compare, would Buffalo have trusted a rookie Allen to pass in last night's weather?  Jones is a rookie, who doesn't have the arm Allen does.  Not many do.  So it would be stupid to force passes that they didn't need to.  

People always want to compare players in the now, when Allen has a 3 year head start in his system, and playing in the NFL.  You can't directly compare the 2 players, especially in the crazy weather.

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen was not the reason this team lost last night but at one point you have to carry a team and will them to victory and for $250M the results have simply not been there especially in close games like last night where multiple opportunities to win presented themself.

He cant make Knox catch a football.  He cant make Breida not fumble.  He cant make Moss bounce outside.  He cant make the O line play better.  Allen is the offense.  

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again, I'm not blaming Allen. I've been critical of him but he's probably the only reason this team is 7-5 right and why we were still in the game last night.

But at some point you have simply win games and that's what separates true elite franchise QB's from just good ones. Allen is good but not good enough yet anyways.

What exactly more could he do to simply win games.  Its a team sport.  Put Kelce or Andrews  on this team last night instead of Knox and the Pats would have gotten smoked.

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I do think one valid critique of Allen is that he has to learn to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks.  Other than that he’s great

Imagine all the sacks he would take if he didn't avoid sacks.  I agree that sometimes he has to get rid of the ball though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.