Anyone else think that for this team this is the ideal playoff scenario?

transplantbillsfan

Buffalo is the #6 seed @LA, LV, or IND.

KC or TN are the 7 seed.

NE is somewhere in there

All good weather or dome games. 

Win and play one of the other 2 teams on the road after they win their round 1 game. Win and play the remaining team on the road after they win 2 playoff games.

3 warm weather/dome games. That's what this team has demonstrated it needs, unfortunately. Super Bowl is guaranteed good weather... so we'd have a shot.

I no longer think the 1st round bye is important to this team... at least not as much as good weather for GameDay.

I still think we make the playoffs, but weather officially scares me.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo is the #6 seed @LA, LV, or IND.

KC or TN are the 7 seed.

NE is somewhere in there

All good weather or dome games. 

Win and play one of the other 2 teams on the road after they win their round 1 game. Win and play the remaining team on the road after they win 2 playoff games.

3 warm weather/dome games. That's what this team has demonstrated it needs, unfortunately. Super Bowl is guaranteed good weather... so we'd have a shot.

I no longer think the 1st round bye is important to this team... at least not as much as good weather for GameDay.

I still think we make the playoffs, but weather officially scares me.

Playoffs?  Playoffs?  You kidding me?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This team has serious talent and coaching flaws, playoffs are likely not in the cards this season. The teams conference record is likely to squash any tiebreakers even if they are even with other "in the hunt, teams at seasons end.

Losing to weak teams like Pittsburgh and Jacksonville early in the year probably sealed our fate. This team is incredibly flawed and will require an amazing offseason. Starting with a OL/RB overhaul. The coaches had their worst game tonight. 

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wind every single home game will do that. See a pattern here.

Amazing how we didn’t take the wind when we won the toss and just flat out deferred. Here is how it should have gone:

Bills win toss and take the wind

Pats are forced to take the ball

Bills get ball in the second half and have the wind in the 4th quarter

32 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

We have to get in first.

29 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This team has serious talent and coaching flaws, playoffs are likely not in the cards this season. The teams conference record is likely to squash any tiebreakers even if they are even with other "in the hunt, teams at seasons end.

28 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Playoffs?  Playoffs?  You kidding me?  

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

Still pretty sure we make the playoffs.

If you look at the game tonight Buffalo was the better team barring blown gap coverage on one running play, similar to TN.

We have 5 losses. I think we lose 1 or 2 more and get into the WC spot at 11-6 or 10-7.

And I genuinely think we're better on the road than at home if it's great weather on the road vs terrible weather at home.

24 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I mean, 5 AFC losses is a killer...

Doesn't matter if you have more wins than the other teams vying for a playoff spot.

Colts have 1 more loss and still play the Patriots (and probably want the Colts to win this...?), Cardinals and Raiders (and Jags)

Steelers, Raiders and Browns have an absolute gauntlet.

We're already 2 games up on Miami with tiebreaker.

Throw away the despondent loser feelings... why don't we still seem a likely playoff team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.