Anyone else think that for this team this is the ideal playoff scenario?

transplantbillsfan

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I say that?

I think you need to take some deep breaths and take a break.  Your anger over last night seems to be blinding you.

Calling this an ideal playoff scenario is bananas. Ideal playoff scenario is homefield, bye week, playing the Texans/Jets and Lions on our road to a Super Bowl championship.

1 hour ago, Evian said:

The Bills will be the #5 seed. They will beat the #4 seed Titans, then the #2 seed Chiefs, and then the #1 seed Patriots in the AFC Title game. Tom Brady will fall to the Bills in the Superbowl.  God told me.

I'm not sure I'm buying what God is selling, but it sounds great! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Calling this an ideal playoff scenario is bananas. Ideal playoff scenario is homefield, bye week, playing the Texans/Jets and Lions on our road to a Super Bowl championship.

Now you're just being silly.

Buffalo doesn't do well in horrible weather games because of coaching and not being able to run and not being able to stop the run.

Get us in a warm weather, dome, or not so terrible weather game and we stand a better shot than a home game with 50 mph wind gusts against the likes of NE, TN (with Henry), or the Colts.

Stop being so hyperbolic as you build up ridiculous straw mans

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I honestly can’t see this team making the playoffs. If they make it I will be happy but I think we are out now

They should get to 10 wins by beating the Panthers, Falcons, and Jets at home. Maybe they steal one at TB or NE. Will 10 wins be enough to make it. Who knows. If they lose anyone of their 3 home games then they are probably out.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

They should get to 10 wins by beating the Panthers, Falcons, and Jets at home. Maybe they steal one at TB or NE. Will 10 wins be enough to make it. Who knows. If they lose anyone of their 3 home games then they are probably out.

10-7 with our amount of conference losses is probably not good enough.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Still pretty sure we make the playoffs.

If you look at the game tonight Buffalo was the better team barring blown gap coverage on one running play, similar to TN.

We have 5 losses. I think we lose 1 or 2 more and get into the WC spot at 11-6 or 10-7.

And I genuinely think we're better on the road than at home if it's great weather on the road vs terrible weather at home.

I thought the playoffs was mostly a sure thing until I looked at remaining schedules. Basically, three out of these five teams will be wild cards: LAC, Buffalo, the Colts, the Steelers, and the Bengals. Two won't make it. If the Bills lose the games they're expected to lose (NE and TB), it'll come down to tiebreakers.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

10-7 with our amount of conference losses is probably not good enough.

The Bengals and Steelers have brutal schedules, and the Colts have to play both NE and then AZ on the road.

This may not be a popular opinion in the wake of last night, but I like our odds to win the rematch in Foxboro.

I feel like we are the better team, and if the weather is more or less normal but cold, we should be able to throw the ball and that should be enough to win.

Of course the Pats will be better able to throw as well, but Mac is not Josh and we have the advantage there.

This assumes we have a strong play calling game, which may well not be the case! 

I don't think we automatically lose that game, though, by any means, despite the loss last night.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not sure I'm buying what God is selling, but it sounds great! 

I just saw the movie Hoosiers for the first time. In it one of the players says his father paints his bus because God told him. I liked the line. We all know God is a Bills fan. lol

Depends on what the other AFC playoff contenders do. My guess is 11 definitely gets them in but 10 is iffy.

How funny would it be if they finished 10-7 with losses to New England, Indy, Tennessee, and Tampa and then get in at #7 and beat all 4 in the playoffs. 

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.