Anyone else think that for this team this is the ideal playoff scenario?

transplantbillsfan

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Doesn't matter if you have more wins than the other teams vying for a playoff spot.

Colts have 1 more loss and still play the Patriots (and probably want the Colts to win this...?), Cardinals and Raiders (and Jags)

Steelers, Raiders and Browns have an absolute gauntlet.

We're already 2 games up on Miami with tiebreaker.

Throw away the despondent loser feelings... why don't we still seem a likely playoff team?

Everyone has given up on the game next week already it seems so we’re viewing it as 7-6 

56 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Amazing how we didn’t take the wind when we won the toss and just flat out deferred. Here is how it should have gone:

Bills win toss and take the wind

Pats are forced to take the ball

Bills get ball in the second half and have the wind in the 4th quarter

Incorrect. You can either take the ball, choose the side to defend, or defer your choice to the 2nd half. If they took the wind as you suggested, Pats would get the ball first half and would likely decide to have the ball again to start the 2nd half rather than choose which side to defend. If I were the Bills and won the toss on a day like today, I’d choose to receive, the Pats would then be forced to either choose to receive in the 2nd half, or choose which endzone they’d like to defend. It’s likely in this scenario they would’ve taken the ball and Bills would’ve had the wind at their backs in the 4th Q.

Edited by JayBaller10
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo is the #6 seed @LA, LV, or IND.

KC or TN are the 7 seed.

NE is somewhere in there

All good weather or dome games. 

Win and play one of the other 2 teams on the road after they win their round 1 game. Win and play the remaining team on the road after they win 2 playoff games.

3 warm weather/dome games. That's what this team has demonstrated it needs, unfortunately. Super Bowl is guaranteed good weather... so we'd have a shot.

I no longer think the 1st round bye is important to this team... at least not as much as good weather for GameDay.

I still think we make the playoffs, but weather officially scares me.

TBH, not making the playoffs , which will represent a historic collapse , may be the best for this teams long term future. We are talent deficient along the lines, rb position , and a true edge rusher.   We have no ability to run and we can’t stop the run. We are not advancing with a team that has no ability to win from behind. By not making the playoffs we draft higher, and I think it forces mcds hand to change the o coordinator to someone who csn design a running attack in ADDITION to making the most of Josh’s talents!   A change is needed. The o is stagnant or even worse than last year. Losing to a rookie Qb at home in December who threw 3 passes is inexcusable!   Next week will probably be a significant beat down by Brady. If we don’t want to waste our talented QB, we need new creativity 

10 points at home will e a loss almost always. Weather or not, that was an embarrassing performance and historical type of loss. The coaching was difficult to explain or rationalize.    Actually , missing the playoffs may force some changes that are good in the long run !  Love the Bills, but this team has big issues, had regressed and we need to finally get answers to fix this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Incorrect. You can either take the ball, choose the side to defend, or defer your choice to the 2nd half. If they took the wind as you suggested, Pats would get the ball first half and would likely decide to have the ball again to start the 2nd half rather than choose which side to defend. If I were the Bills and won the toss on a day like today, I’d choose to receive, the Pats would then be forced to either choose to receive in the 2nd half, or choose which endzone they’d like to defend. It’s likely in this scenario they would’ve taken the ball and Bills would’ve had the wind at their backs in the 4th Q.

Thanks.  Bills could have deferred again in 3rd and had wind in 4th.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

True. They could’ve chosen the wind for the 4th Q since they deferred their decision to the 2nd half, but Pats would’ve got the ball to start the half again. It’s rare, but I’ve seen it happen where one team gets the ball to start both halves. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They could've but if Diggs catches that dime in the end zone from Allen in the 3rd with the wind would it have mattered?  There's 15 minutes in each quarter and you want as many offensive possessions as possible.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Doesn't matter if you have more wins than the other teams vying for a playoff spot.

Colts have 1 more loss and still play the Patriots (and probably want the Colts to win this...?), Cardinals and Raiders (and Jags)

Steelers, Raiders and Browns have an absolute gauntlet.

We're already 2 games up on Miami with tiebreaker.

Throw away the despondent loser feelings... why don't we still seem a likely playoff team?

Because we watch the games. The Bills have beaten one good team all year and that was without their best player on defense. How hard is this board to understand that this team is really bad. If they played Miami now they lose. They lost to Jacksonville. They just lost at home to a rookie QB that threw the ball 3 times. What do you think is going to happen in Tampa? 
I was still buying the hype and thought Allen would get the win. But McDumbass let Daboll keep running the ball. Now the season is over. They should sit Edmunds so he doesn’t get hurt and trade him in the off season. He was the worst player on the field 

50 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Bills could have scored in the 3rd quarter. That might have helped.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because we watch the games. The Bills have beaten one good team all year and that was without their best player on defense. How hard is this board to understand that this team is really bad. If they played Miami now they lose. They lost to Jacksonville. They just lost at home to a rookie QB that threw the ball 3 times. What do you think is going to happen in Tampa? 
I was still buying the hype and thought Allen would get the win. But McDumbass let Daboll keep running the ball. Now the season is over. They should sit Edmunds so he doesn’t get hurt and trade him in the off season. He was the worst player on the field 

The Bills could have scored in the 3rd quarter. That might have helped.

You know... They have still have almost a 50% chance of winning division. 

Yes... If they would have won, it would have been 85%.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

A team based in Buffalo is “horrible” playing in the elements…

Its ironic when you think about it 

Coaches don't allow them too. Tonight was an almost ideal scenario, where we run something close to a regular offense while the Pat's cannot. But the coaches were terrified 

• Like (+1) 1

NewsFlash:

7. Buffalo Bills (7-5)

FPI chances to make playoffs: 84.4%
FPI chances to win division: 33.7%

The Bills missed a massive opportunity Monday night to put themselves in position to win the AFC East and challenge for home-field advantage in the playoffs. Ultimately, though, the Patriots looked more comfortable on a classic night in western New York. Had the Bills managed to pull out a win, they would have had a 62.6% chance to win the division and a 42.3% chance to clinch home-field advantage. Now, they're more likely to be fighting for an AFC wild-card spot, with a tough schedule that includes games against the Buccaneers and at the Patriots.

Next up: at Buccaneers

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

No. This thinking infuriates me as a fan, sorry. I saw the same logic after we lost to the Titans. I want pure domination, not mental gymnastics about how we may be the 4th best team in the AFC.

This team isn't about pure domination.  Nothing close.  We have to live with what we have.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Everyone has given up on the game next week already it seems so we’re viewing it as 7-6 

It would be totally consistent for this team to win next week IMO.

That part of what makes it all so infuriating.

Win when you should lose, lose when you should win.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just win the next 2 weeks and things drastically change.

Bills winning last night gave then 85% chance of winning AFCeast.

Since they lost, now have about 40% chance.  

Just win in Foxborough.  

Brady and Tampa will tear us apart. Sorry three more wins max is what I foresee

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

No, and you’re an idiot for proposing this 

I’m sure you’re as mad as the rest of us, and im disgusted by the fact that everyone and their brother knew they were running and we couldn’t stop it.  With that said, and knowing the crap for the rest of the year by the media, please don’t call one of you’re fellow Bills fanatics an idiot.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.