Quietly the Dolphins are the 2nd hottest team in the AFC right now

FilthyBeast

37 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just looking over the Dolphins roster and man are they stacked with talent across the board, it's amazing that we were able to sweep them especially the dominant game in week 2.

Also PFF has Tua graded out as the #1 QB in the NFL yesterday and you can see his game evolving as the season goes on.

For all the Patriots hype, I would not be shocked at all if the Dolphins sneak into the tourney and make a SB run because they certainly have the roster for it and playing a grimy style of football particularly on defense right now.

I wouldn’t be shocked if you still continued on doing drugs after this dolphins hype is dead a week or two from now 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Beane signed Morse, drafted Knox who is finally looking good, traded for Diggs, signed Beasely, signed John Brown, signed Sanders.  He has missed on some picks cause it's impossible to hit on all of them but he's done a good job.  

He’s definitely done well with trades and FA signings.  His drafting has been pretty poor, though.  That’s going to need to improve as some of the big contracts start to put pressure on the salary cap.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just looking over the Dolphins roster and man are they stacked with talent across the board, it's amazing that we were able to sweep them especially the dominant game in week 2.

Also PFF has Tua graded out as the #1 QB in the NFL yesterday and you can see his game evolving as the season goes on.

For all the Patriots hype, I would not be shocked at all if the Dolphins sneak into the tourney and make a SB run because they certainly have the roster for it and playing a grimy style of football particularly on defense right now.

I've seen your name around here and there in some GDT. Don't remember anything...positive or negative. This sticks out to me. Is that your game? Get noticed?

Because you are batshit crazy for posting what you did here.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s definitely done well with trades and FA signings.  His drafting has been pretty poor, though.  That’s going to need to improve as some of the big contracts start to put pressure on the salary cap.

He hit on the most important pick lets NOT forget that 

He didn't draft White or Milano, that was Doug Whaley.

And the best player outside he drafted outside of Allen he didn't think was good enough to play over a guy like Feliciano and was traded to the Browns for peanuts.

Like I've said all along, if you take a hard look at Beane under the microscope his FA dealings and drafts have been pretty poor in general but for some reason people think he's a messiah and by into the hype content produced in Orchard Park.

Completely flipped over the team and made the AFC championship game for the first time since the 90's.  /end argument.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

In hindsight it may all be a mirage and covid year fluke but time will tell.

So I expect like last year if the Bills win tonight you will disappear and create a new account next year.  Or are you going to wait until the Bills make the playoffs?  This is the same troll crap you pulled last year.

@teef as predicted.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Of course, and that can’t be understated.  If he had taken some other Josh, he’d be out of a job by now.  Setting aside that pick (which is a big aside) he’s got very little to show for 4 years worth of drafts.  Fortunately there’s more than one way to add talent, and he’s done a nice job with trades and FAs, but that becomes trickier as cap space gets low and draft slots get later.  

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

It's still debatable and for all we know Allen goes the way of Cam Newton in a few years.

Just looking around the league and within our own division, Beane's drafting has left a lot to be desired especially when you look at the wealth of riches on the Dolphins roster and I believe they have multiple picks again next year in the first few rounds to keep adding top tier talent.

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I watched this game.  Glennon as QB for the Giants meant a easy victory for Miami.  Miami won yet it was not pretty and it was 10-6 going into the 4th quarter.  Miami is not a team I would worry about.

I'm not worried about them because we've already swept them, but if we were to play them a 3rd time in the playoffs I think all bets are off and in hindsight it was indeed a quality win beating them in Buffalo in a game they dominated for 3 quarters.

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Completely flipped over the team and made the AFC championship game for the first time since the 90's.  /end argument.

So I expect like last year if the Bills win tonight you will disappear and create a new account next year.  Or are you going to wait until the Bills make the playoffs?  This is the same troll crap you pulled last year.

@teef as predicted.

he's wonderful.

Watching a few of their games, and of course reading the boxscores and articles....I'm OK with saying the Dolphins are a legit mid-tier team now.  They have an easy game coming up against the Jets (should get them another win) and then the game against the Saints.  They beat both the Jets and the Saints, I'll take notice.

It doesn't bother me.  As a little kid I remember (barely) some Phins/Bills games in the late 70's and of course from the 1980's on...but I never really had that hatred for Miami, I don't really care too much if they are good or not.  I want the Bills to beat them when they play that is all. If the Phins are good and somehow make it into the playoffs, good for them.

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's still debatable and for all we know Allen goes the way of Cam Newton in a few years.

Just looking around the league and within our own division, Beane's drafting has left a lot to be desired especially when you look at the wealth of riches on the Dolphins roster and I believe they have multiple picks again next year in the first few rounds to keep adding top tier talent.

There’s nothing left to debate about the Allen pick.  If he gets hit by a bus tomorrow, it was still a great pick (and not an easy one).  Beyond that, it’s hard so say what picks he’s really hit on.  

Oliver and Edmunds have been major contributors, but I’m not convinced they’ve played to their draft slot.  Guys like Ford, Singletary and Moss have all had a lot of playing time, but I don’t know that any of them will get second contracts.  Davis looked really good initially, but he’s really tapered off other than one big game this season.  Knox is probably his best pick since Josh, but of course the book hasn’t been written on guys like Epenesa, Groot, Brown and Boogie.

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

Oliver and Edmunds have been major contributors, but I’m not convinced they’ve played to their draft slot.  Guys like Ford, Singletary and Moss have all had a lot of playing time, but I don’t know that any of them will get second contracts.  Davis looked really good initially, but he’s really tapered off other than one big game this season.  Knox is probably his best pick since Josh, but of course the book hasn’t been written on guys like Epenesa, Groot, Brown and Boogie.

I think TaronJohnson deserves a mmention here as one of Beane’s best picks.

He’s not only a solid and very good nickel corner but he’s also made two massively huge plays in two huge games last year.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think TaronJohnson deserves a mmention here as one of Beane’s best picks.

He’s not only a solid and very good nickel corner but he’s also made two massively huge plays in two huge games last year.

He definitely deserves a mention.  In fact, that’s exactly the type of pick Beane needs more of.  Getting key contributors on day 3 and later is huge, especially when you’re drafting towards the bottom.

3 hours ago, Putin said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if you still continued on doing drugs after this dolphins hype is dead a week or two from now 

Haha I’m gonna somewhat echo what he’s saying but I think they’re in a similar camp with the pats where they’re not really built to compete with the elite teams so Super Bowl run is definitely a stretch. I think we’re underrating our two wins against Miami a bit and they could give the pats trouble in the rematch

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

We have also had much later picks than we’re used to because our team is actually good now haha a lot of the big time sure nfl starters are in the first half of the first round usually 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

There’s nothing left to debate about the Allen pick.  If he gets hit by a bus tomorrow, it was still a great pick (and not an easy one).  Beyond that, it’s hard so say what picks he’s really hit on.  

Davis is definitely losing targets to Knox and sanders this year…I think he is someone we like overall though. If we were still rolling with John brown and the Knox with the stone hands I think we’d be seeing a lot more of Davis 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 12/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Groin said:

Quietly the Dolphins are destroying the terrible teams... just like the Bills.  Anything can happen, but Saint Tua?  At some point Tua being under center will catch up to the Dolphins... you'd think.

Most people including many around here were saying the same thing about Allen in year 2.  I dont think Tua has anywhere near the skill set Allen does but I also am not predicting he will succeed or fail. Still too small of a sample size.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.