Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Too bad for America all these funkies calling for more funds don't care at all about our borders. 

Ya, kind of reminds me of the GOP. Except that they pretend to care about the border, until they have the power to do something about it, and then don't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, kind of reminds me of the GOP. Except that they pretend to care about the border, until they have the power to do something about it, and then don't. 

Nope.  It's the Dems that don't want to do something.  You need 60 votes in the Senate, not a simple majority.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope.  It's the Dems that don't want to do something.  You need 60 votes in the Senate, not a simple majority.

What bill failed to get 60 votes? What has the House passed? 

What did Trump get passed when they had House, Senate and executive? 

Nothing. They are horrified of a solution. Can't keep the base scared if the fix the border 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those interested in accuracy, the claims made by Ukraine regarding Russian airplanes, at least fighter types, are grossly inaccurate.

To be true, they would have had to shoot down nearly every operable Russian fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0&t=1839s

Conversation on this subject is from 21:12 to the 22:52 mark. One minute 40 seconds.

Edited by sherpa
youtube timing was off one minute

Just now, sherpa said:

For those interested in accuracy, the claims made by Ukraine regarding Russian airplanes, at least fighter types, are grossly inaccurate.

To be true, they would have had to shoot down nearly every operable Russian fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0&t=1839s

Conversation on this subject is from 20:12 to the 21:52 mark. One minute 40 seconds.

the point is that they r destroying more....

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the point is that they r destroying more....

Perhaps. I'm not sure anyone can verify that.

The real point is that it has become very difficult to believe any reports from that war from either side unless proof is provided.

While I support aid, I gave up believing anything said that doesn't come from an independent, reputable source.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hopefully the carnage comes to an end 

When that moment comes I'm curious how those posters here that point to anything short of all-out war and reclamation of all territory lost "supports" Putin will rationalize the Biden administrations change of heart with regard to supporting a negotiated settlement.  Will they label the President as a Putin supporter and post lots of funny pictures with the two together?  Or claim what a capable and prolific statesmen Joe is while memory holing their dislike for such a settlement and anyone that dared to suggest it up until the day the administration embraced the approach and therefore made it okay for them to support too?   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When that moment comes I'm curious how those posters here that point to anything short of all-out war and reclamation of all territory lost "supports" Putin will rationalize the Biden administrations change of heart with regard to supporting a negotiated settlement.  Will they label the President as a Putin supporter and post lots of funny pictures with the two together?  Or claim what a capable and prolific statesmen Joe is while memory holing their dislike for such a settlement and anyone that dared to suggest it up until the day the administration embraced the approach and therefore made it okay for them to support too?   

Welp. We will see how good the propaganda media is.  He is meeting with the heads of much of our media in the Virgin Islands right now.

The real question is how the talking heads will spin it. 

Im going with

Trump did it, somehow

The GOP did it, somehow

Rage/focus on the next thing - as we are seeing with the Israeli/Palestinian/Christmas protest.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Good 

Weaponizing the dollar reserve system as a foreign policy tool, which has since its inception operated outside the political sphere, to exert pressure and punish any country that angers Washington by seizing or freezing the dollar denominated reserves of a foreign central bank without due process is accelerating the process already well underway of countries diversifying their foreign exchange holdings away from the US dollar.  The thinking, we might be next for who knows what displeases the policy makers in Washington.  So lets get out of the dollar. 

As those dollars come home the result is lots of inflation and other consequences of bad monetary policy.  If you've got investment dollars in the market I'd recommend moving some funds into hard asset plays (gold, oil, real estate, commodity plays, etc.) as I see this area to be a good bet for appreciation in 2024.  Its one of the few stupid thing politicians are doing that you can take personal action to protect yourself against.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Weaponizing the dollar reserve system as a foreign policy tool, which has since its inception operated outside the political sphere, to exert pressure and punish any country that angers Washington by seizing or freezing the dollar denominated reserves of a foreign central bank without due process is accelerating the process already well underway of countries diversifying their foreign exchange holdings away from the US dollar.  The thinking, we might be next for who knows what displeases the policy makers in Washington.  So lets get out of the dollar. 

As those dollars come home the result is lots of inflation and other consequences of bad monetary policy.  If you've got investment dollars in the market I'd recommend moving some funds into hard asset plays (gold, oil, real estate, commodity plays, etc.) as I see this area to be a good bet for appreciation in 2024.  Its one of the few stupid thing politicians are doing that you can take personal action to protect yourself against.

Weaponing the dollar is bad, huh? How about invading your neighbor, killings thousands, destroying infrastructure, kidnapping children, raping women, torturing civilians, cutting off their trade with the outside world and then holding sham elections to convince morons your rule is legit? That's ok, though, right? 

F'n stupid. Just take their damn money and use it to kill them with. Sounds good to me 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Weaponing the dollar is bad, huh? How about invading your neighbor, killings thousands, destroying infrastructure, kidnapping children, raping women, torturing civilians, cutting off their trade with the outside world and then holding sham elections to convince morons your rule is legit? That's ok, though, right? 

F'n stupid. Just take their damn money and use it to kill them with. Sounds good to me 

So Ukrainian elections are legit. the others are not.

You won't be happy till you made all your profits and there are no more able-bodied men in that country.

you're the one making money. you're the one promoting carnage that's killed and maimed a huge portion of the population.

it will take them decades to catch up from this. no matter the outcome

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You won't be happy till you made all your profits and there are no more able-bodied men in that country.

you're the one making money. you're the one promoting carnage that's killed and maimed a huge portion of the population.

You are so dumb. You are a typical MAGA empty headed clown 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

How is supporting Ukraine promoting carnage?  I have no idea about the Ukrainian elections.  I'd hope they are legit, but obviously anything is possible.  Ignoring that portion, Russia invaded Ukraine, so they are promoting the carnage.  Russia has reportedly lost upwards of 350,000 soldiers.  They are simply feeding them into the grinder and hoping for results.  And for what?  I will acknowledge there is greater politics at work here, but that's very much on both sides.  Ukraine is supposed to just be conquered, or give up large chunks of their land?  Or just lay down and be slaughtered?  

Russia is committing war crimes non stop.  Murdering civilians, executing POWs, raping women and children.  But yeah, Ukraine is at fault.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

How is supporting Ukraine promoting carnage?  I have no idea about the Ukrainian elections.  I'd hope they are legit, but obviously anything is possible.  Ignoring that portion, Russia invaded Ukraine, so they are promoting the carnage.  Russia has reportedly lost upwards of 350,000 soldiers.  They are simply feeding them into the grinder and hoping for results.  And for what?  I will acknowledge there is greater politics at work here, but that's very much on both sides.  Ukraine is supposed to just be conquered, or give up large chunks of their land?  Or just lay down and be slaughtered?  

Russia is committing war crimes non stop.  Murdering civilians, executing POWs, raping women and children.  But yeah, Ukraine is at fault.

Russian population 143.56 million.  many of russia front lines are criminals released from prisons used as conon fodder.  Whats 350K out of 14+M per capita

Ukraine population 38 million.  Now scripting people over 40.  Ukraine has lost what, 500K soldiers.  Whats that per capita.

Ukraine war: US estimates 200,000 military casualties on all sides (bbc.com)  Kiev doesnt disclose info, but its not good when they are scripting old men.

And either way it's pure carnage for people to make money on. Just as they will rebuilding it.

Supported by people that will never fight, die, or loose someone in that conflict.

People can't be rebuilt.

18 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Pay attention to the right side of this subforums home page.

At any given time, practically every recent post is BMan, Tommy Callahan, or BillsFanNC signal boosting MAGA twitter narratives. 

If it's not them, it's BillsTime or Tiberius signal boosting leftist twitter narratives.

This whole subforum is dominated by professional posters spamming radical ideas from social media.

It's literally just an extension of the perpetual outrage factory designed to keep Americans from constructively discussing anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Pay attention to the right side of this subforums home page.

At any given time, practically every recent post is BMan, Tommy Callahan, or BillsFanNC signal boosting MAGA twitter narratives. 

If it's not them, it's BillsTime or Tiberius signal boosting leftist twitter narratives.

This whole subforum is dominated by professional posters spamming radical ideas from social media.

It's literally just an extension of the perpetual outrage factory designed to keep Americans from constructively discussing anything. 

I'm a professional poster? 

Thanks for informing me of that! 🤡

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Somebody is eating a heavy dose of propaganda.  If you believe the other side Ukraine has lost over 1/2 million soldiers and is so short on manpower that State Intelligence and Security agents are kidnapping military age men off the streets and conscripting men up to 60 year old to join the fight with little to no basic training to face an average life expectancy on the front of about 1 day. 

And the citizens of those provinces, which were part of Russia for hundreds of years prior to the Soviets transferring sovereignty to Ukraine, that comprise the area of conflict are ethnic Russians that prefer to be citizens of Russia, not Ukraine. 

What to believe?  As the saying goes, "the first casualty of war is the truth" so don't expect to hear the truth and facts from either side. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Somebody is eating a heavy dose of propaganda.  If you believe the other side Ukraine has lost over 1/2 million soldiers and is so short on manpower that State Intelligence and Security agents are kidnapping military age men off the streets and conscripting men up to 60 year old to join the fight with little to no basic training to face an average life expectancy on the front of about 1 day. 

And the citizens of those provinces, which were part of Russia for hundreds of years prior to the Soviets transferring sovereignty to Ukraine, that comprise the area of conflict are ethnic Russians that prefer to be citizens of Russia, not Ukraine. 

What to believe?  As the saying goes, "the first casualty of war is the truth" so don't expect to hear the truth and facts from either side. 

So you admit the Russians are lying, but you use that to say "both sides bad." 

And yes, Russia conquered those territories, so what? 

Just glad your side is losing

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you admit the Russians are lying, but you use that to say "both sides bad." 

And yes, Russia conquered those territories, so what? 

Just glad your side is losing

It's not my side stupid.  Just because you swallow the government's bull#### doesn't make you a patriot.  Do some independent thinking and look at all the other crap situations those clowns have gotten us into and expect the usual disaster ending.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Don’t kill yourself Russia wanted all of it

But yes, the only way this was going to end was thrunegotiation and unfortunately people had to die for it

And it’s not over they will set up new barrier lines, and Russia will reevaluate why they weren’t able to take over such a small country so quickly and adapt

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Don’t kill yourself Russia wanted all of it

But yes, the only way this was going to end was thrunegotiation and unfortunately people had to die for it

And it’s not over they will set up new barrier lines, and Russia will reevaluate why they weren’t able to take over such a small country so quickly and adapt

Biden and his buddies starting a war to distract from the ***** mess they’ve made.  

Edited by Irv

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Keep up with current events

Unemployment is down

Gas prices are down

Inflation is down

GDP is up

The number say that and no amount of crying about it is changing it

Then why is his approval rating at a historical low?  It's not because of his age...