Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Just now, Tiberius said:

Sure

Excellent…we agree. 

I’m serious about the Star Trek episode. Good science fiction takes you out of the constraints of your current location and time to tell a story that makes you pause and think. I recommend you find the episode on a streaming source somewhere. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Excellent…we agree. 

I’m serious about the Star Trek episode. Good science fiction takes you out of the constraints of your current location and time to tell a story that makes you pause and think. I recommend you find the episode on a streaming source somewhere. 

Russia supplied the EU with 40% of its natural gas last year. Germany, Europe's largest economy, was the largest importer of Russia gas in 2020, followed by Italy. The UK is less reliant on Russian gas, importing just 4% of its needs from there last year, and the US doesn't import any gas from Russia.Jul 11, 2022

The EU imported 2.2 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude in 2021, including 0.7 million bpd via pipeline. The bloc also imported 1.2 million bpd of refined oil products from Russia, including 0.5 million bpd of diesel. Jun 1, 2022

Oil and nat gas are holding back help for Ukraine. 

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

Russia supplied the EU with 40% of its natural gas last year. Germany, Europe's largest economy, was the largest importer of Russia gas in 2020, followed by Italy. The UK is less reliant on Russian gas, importing just 4% of its needs from there last year, and the US doesn't import any gas from Russia.Jul 11, 2022

The EU imported 2.2 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude in 2021, including 0.7 million bpd via pipeline. The bloc also imported 1.2 million bpd of refined oil products from Russia, including 0.5 million bpd of diesel. Jun 1, 2022

Oil and nat gas are holding back help for Ukraine. 

Ya think? 

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

Yep , makes more sense then you suggesting watching Star Trek

Not trying to be nasty Alf, but your statistics are spot on. And the US could easily find itself in the exact same predicament if we’re not careful. Regarding my reference, I’m going to guess you don’t know the story told in that episode do you? Look it up. You’ll learn something. 

Omg they aren't even at war......well.....they will be now....

What a disaster....

The globalists had to have a *post Covid* distraction! 

Nice job Covidiots

Ukraine Live Updates: European Nations Are Asked to Immediately Start Rationing Natural Gas

BRUSSELS — To avoid energy shortages that would stall economic growth and leave households cold in the winter as Russia weaponizes its gas exports, European countries should immediately start rationing use of the fuel, the European Commission said on Wednesday, and cut their use 15 percent until next spring.

If the bloc’s 27 member countries agree to adopt the plan and the new legislation that goes with it, it would solidify the sense that Europe’s economy is on war footing because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The proposal would grant the Commission, the bloc’s executive arm, powers to force member nations to follow a strict plan of energy consumption cuts as of this summer.

“Months before the war broke out, Russia kept gas supply intentionally as low as possible despite the high gas prices,” the Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, told the news media on Wednesday.

“Russia is blackmailing us. Russia is using energy as a weapon,” she said. 

*No ***t," said people who aren't morons.

Public opinion is split over whether supporting Ukraine is worth the sacrifice, with some people saying they are ready to take a bigger hit to keep up resistance to Russia and others saying the war would hurt them more than they are willing to accept.

Europeans, especially those living in the bloc’s wealthiest regions in the north and west, are among the world’s richest people on average, and are not accustomed to hardships like keeping houses cold in the winter.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/07/20/world/ukraine-russia-war/european-nations-are-asked-to-cut-their-use-of-natural-use-15-percent-until-next-spring?smid=url-share

Until next Spring!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not trying to be nasty Alf, but your statistics are spot on. And the US could easily find itself in the exact same predicament if we’re not careful. Regarding my reference, I’m going to guess you don’t know the story told in that episode do you? Look it up. You’ll learn something. 

Maybe I took ya think the wrong way. In the long run the US and EU need to be energy independent. The present time is a real dilemma . 

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Maybe I took ya think the wrong way. In the long run the US and EU need to be energy independent. The present time is a real dilemma . 

Bingo! Put another way….There’s no difference between farm to table food and farm to table energy. 

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo! Put another way….There’s no difference between farm to table food and farm to table energy. 

The reality is no country is totally self-sufficient.  Even if the US or Europe were "energy independent" they'd still be dependent on other countries for a long list of other primary inputs or finished goods.  Maybe a system where a  matrix of co-dependencies between countries would imposes the need for cooperation and a better path to peace and compromise? 

My assessment of the current insanity is there was very little effort from all involves parties to avoid hostilities because nobody around the table was willing to yield an inch and consider the consequences a conflict would bring and how it might impact their mutual and domestic interests.  But here we are.  The world is a mess and headed to getting messier.  I say this as a subscriber to the Edwin Starr school of War.

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The reality is no country is totally self-sufficient.  Even if the US or Europe were "energy independent" they'd still be dependent on other countries for a long list of other primary inputs or finished goods.  Maybe a system where a  matrix of co-dependencies between countries would imposes the need for cooperation and a better path to peace and compromise? 

My assessment of the current insanity is there was very little effort from all involves parties to avoid hostilities because nobody around the table was willing to yield an inch and consider the consequences a conflict would bring and how it might impact their mutual and domestic interests.  But here we are.  The world is a mess and headed to getting messier.  I say this as a subscriber to the Edwin Starr school of War.

Note that I didn’t say you’d be able to grow ALL of your food in the restaurant parking lot. 😂

But the concept still applies. The closer you are to the point of consumption, the more efficient the source of energy. That’s not a political statement of any kind. It’s just a fact.

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Tell that to Putin. Who else? 

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tell that to Putin. Who else? 

You know who else but its obvious you're unable to objectively view this conflict and as a result are against any peaceful compromise.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Putin faces second war front as Chechens threaten new offensive in Russia
Chechen forces could force Putin to divert troops from Ukraine as he faces down civil war at home

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February, volunteer Chechen forces joined the fight in support of Kyiv – fueling the flames to a long-held animus towards not only Russia, but Putin.

Chechen resistance to Russian rule dates back centuries and calls for independence began more than 30 years ago following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. 

However, disdain for Putin and a decade of war broke out after he voided the treaty and launched a deadly military campaign in 1999 after he was appointed prime minister by then President Boris Yeltsin.

An estimated 160,000 people were killed in both campaigns, though exact figures remain unclear.

At least two volunteer Chechen battalions, including veteran soldiers from both the first and second Chechen wars, have taken up arms against Russia in Ukraine, including the Sheikh Mansur Battalion and the Dzhokhar Dudayev Battalion.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-faces-second-war-front-chechens-threaten-new-offensive-russia

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You know who else but its obvious you're unable to objectively view this conflict and as a result are against any peaceful compromise.

Who else? Putin is invading another country and you think Ukraine should what..? Stop defending themselves? 

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Funny you put it that way. I don’t have his phone number…but I’m betting that the Biden Administration does. 

What solution do you want Biden to propose? 

33 minutes ago, ALF said:

Putin faces second war front as Chechens threaten new offensive in Russia
Chechen forces could force Putin to divert troops from Ukraine as he faces down civil war at home

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February, volunteer Chechen forces joined the fight in support of Kyiv – fueling the flames to a long-held animus towards not only Russia, but Putin.

Chechen resistance to Russian rule dates back centuries and calls for independence began more than 30 years ago following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. 

However, disdain for Putin and a decade of war broke out after he voided the treaty and launched a deadly military campaign in 1999 after he was appointed prime minister by then President Boris Yeltsin.

An estimated 160,000 people were killed in both campaigns, though exact figures remain unclear.

At least two volunteer Chechen battalions, including veteran soldiers from both the first and second Chechen wars, have taken up arms against Russia in Ukraine, including the Sheikh Mansur Battalion and the Dzhokhar Dudayev Battalion.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-faces-second-war-front-chechens-threaten-new-offensive-russia

Living under Russian occupation must be just horrible