Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you support isolationism, appeasement and toadyism in general

Sad! 

Could there be a greater example of why I pay no attention to you?

These idiotic, grossly false premises that you create in your mind, absent of fact and vacuous in content aren't even funny anymore.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Could there be a greater example of why I pay no attention to you?

These idiotic, grossly false premises that you create in your mind, absent of fact and vacuous in content aren't even funny anymore.

Come on, you support them because of the "R" by their name, no matter what 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

That knife has two edges friend

I wouldn't surrender my principles to party, especially on something so deeply important as our commitment to freedom around the globe. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wouldn't surrender my principles to party, especially on something so deeply important as our commitment to freedom around the globe. 

U follow Biden and the dems blindly......wtf are u talking about? How old are u? Serious question.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yeah, and this knife has two sides too

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I wouldn't surrender my principles to party, especially on something so deeply important as our commitment to freedom around the globe

The motivation was much more self-serving.  Isolate Russia both geographically and economically while seizing an opportunity to bring NATO troops and weapons into Ukraine.  Use Ukrainian forces as a proxy for this effort and avoid any unpopular use of American forces in direct combat operations.  Americans are much more compliant to the commitment of billions in borrowed money than they are an ounce of blood.  At this point the war effort seems lost and more billions isn't going to do much to change that outcome.

They blew up the NordStream pipeline to eliminate the possibility of greater economic integration and cooperation between Germany and Russia.  Germany could not be allowed to pursue an independent path and losing Germany from the alliance would be fatal to its future.  The fact there's not been a peep out of their government about destroying their source of cheap gas and the adverse impact its had on their industry and citizens is testimony to the relationship between Berlin and Washington.  And for that matter most of Europe.  These nation states are not our allies or partners but rather territories or vassal states that do the bidding of the empire without question.  

Now don't get me wrong.  As an American I'm fully aware that I've benefited from this Imperial arrangement and its in my best interests for it to continue.  Just as you have benefited and we all have here.  Yet I understand Washington's motivation is not altruistic but carried out in self-interest.  But I also see world events unfolding and I understand the current arrangements are not going to last much longer.  Its in the best interests of us peons to prepare and mitigate as much as possible the negative consequences of this arrangement ending.  Rather than cheer lead for these conflicts and get distracted from what else is happening.  There's a lot more to this but I'm getting way too off topic already. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Come on, you support them because of the "R" by their name, no matter what 

At some point, you may come to the point where you realize that creating false premises is harmful to your vision of reality.

20 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The motivation was much more self-serving.   

Self-serving for the USA and the rest of the world's republics? Yes

So what? 

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

At some point, you may come to the point where you realize that creating false premises is harmful to your vision of reality.

Fact:

You say you support Ukraine, yet those blocking support to Ukraine are above criticism, and you say, they are better than those who do want to help Ukraine. 

Twisted 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You say you support Ukraine, yet those blocking support to Ukraine are above criticism, and you say, they are better than those who do want to help Ukraine. 

Twisted 

Totally incorrect.

You read people's posts like Biden reads teleprompters.

Getting legislation through to support Ukraine should include support for Israel, and the border, and that includes a wall; not authorization, but appropriation.

I have no problem with funding Ukraine aid with Israel aid and the border, and that includes a wall.

There are too many variables in that for you to understand, thus you juvenile creations of what other people believe or support.

It is simply too hard for you, but that is OK.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Totally incorrect.

You read people's posts like Biden reads teleprompters.

Getting legislation through to support Ukraine should include support for Israel, and the border, and that includes a wall; not authorization, but appropriation.

I have no problem with funding Ukraine aid with Israel aid and the border, and that includes a wall.

There are too many variables in that for you to understand, thus you juvenile creations of what other people believe or support.

It is simply too hard for you, but that is OK.

You are a bull sh itter, pure and simple...real simple 

Your Republicans are blocking aid to Ukraine at the behest of one of the worst human beings on earth. You have fallen in line 

The reason Ukraine is not being supported is because of Trump and Putin's relationship of evil 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Your Republicans are blocking aid to Ukraine at the behest of one of the worst human beings on earth. You have fallen in line 

The reason Ukraine is not being supported is because of Trump and Putin's relationship of evil 

Wow, you really are dense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

MAGA's gift to murderous Putin

When Donald Trump became president in 2017, Russians popped champagne corks across Moscow, secretly and publicly. Trump’s victory, they believed, would be beneficial for the Kremlin. Today, the bubbly must be flowing again. Russian President Vladimir Putin didn’t even have to wait until the 2024 election and Trump’s possible return to the White House to have cause for celebration.

Frida Ghitis 

CNN

Trump is already proving fantastically useful for Putin.

The former president and his MAGA loyalists are wrapping up an invaluable gift for the Russian leader just in time for the second anniversary of Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

With every passing day it looks like they’re going to force the United States to break its word and all but abandon Ukraine – along with other war-torn regions and Indo-Pacific defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Let me see now.

A coward.

A liar.

A person with no integrity.

An idiot.

A bullstuffer.

I've probably forgotten a few.

You post nonsense like this all day long, every day.

The claim that any US sitting president in  2017-2021 had anything to do with the negotiated 1997 UK/China Hong Kong thing is just today's idiocy.

You ever wonder why people here are laughing at you, everyday, all the time.

Do you ever wonder how much damage your horsestuff damages your obvious political effort?

You are a net negative, and not by a small margin, on whatever the hell you try to promote.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Pretty sure I am in the same age group as him. Makes me feel a mix of sadness and embarrassment for him. 

I'm only 39, but the circles he talks in is already making me tired. I'm pretty sure he's older than me, dementia is a B word.

Very rarely do I think you get a political fight with a clear and distinct side.

That a functioning democracy (I'm not saying without flaws) in actively being invaded by an totalitarian regime run by a man who was a member of the Communist spy agency seems like one of them.

Considering the people around here who claim that they want to d**k-slap communism out of the world, you'd think that would be an easy one.

But no, the US keeping its word and proving it will actually serve as the bullwark it claims to be isn't important isn't important. Keeping Russia away from strategic geographic assets and letting it know it can't reannex the Soviet Union isn't important. No, what's important is that Glorious Leader gets his way so he can build a golf course or some schisse. Sure, Dubya can f*** off in the dessert and get the US bogged down for 20 years, but two years of sending money and weapons (which is one of our main industries) is a bridge too far.

22 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I'm only 39, but the circles he talks in is already making me tired. I'm pretty sure he's older than me, dementia is a B word.

It is good that you are aware of your early onset dementia. Early treatment is critical in these stages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Very rarely do I think you get a political fight with a clear and distinct side.

That a functioning democracy (I'm not saying without flaws) in actively being invaded by an totalitarian regime run by a man who was a member of the Communist spy agency seems like one of them.

Considering the people around here who claim that they want to d**k-slap communism out of the world, you'd think that would be an easy one.

But no, the US keeping its word and proving it will actually serve as the bullwark it claims to be isn't important isn't important. Keeping Russia away from strategic geographic assets and letting it know it can't reannex the Soviet Union isn't important. No, what's important is that Glorious Leader gets his way so he can build a golf course or some schisse. Sure, Dubya can f*** off in the dessert and get the US bogged down for 20 years, but two years of sending money and weapons (which is one of our main industries) is a bridge too far.

It is good that you are aware of your early onset dementia. Early treatment is critical in these stages.

Do u have a bandaid? I cut myself on that sharp wit of yours.

There's actually been a lot going on in the war, some pretty positive stuff for Ukraine.   Interesting that it's not being covered.  Ukraine has hit some targets well into Russian territory that will impact their oil infrastructure.   Their $$$ basically.  I've only seen independent news covering it.  I wouldn't believe it but there's been multiple videos.  Interest in the war has died down considerably.   

I know, let's piss away the $100B we already spent on defeating Russia.....The GQP.  The nitwits are the guy who puts 10k into a car, then accepts a lowball offer for it, because the muffler fell off.  Even a senile man isn't that dumb. 

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I know, let's piss away the $100B we already spent on defeating Russia.....The GQP.  The nitwits are the guy who puts 10k into a car, then accepts a lowball offer for it, because the muffler fell off.  Even a senile man isn't that dumb. 

Sure, let's give em a blank check, us citizens don't need any help at home. If Russia is such a problem, wouldn't European countries be going broke giving to Ukraine?  We have given them plenty https://www.statista.com/chart/27278/military-aid-to-ukraine-by-country/

Military aid sent to Ukraine already surpassed the cost of Afghanistan 

https://www.statista.com/chart/29375/us-military-aid-to-ukraine-compared-to-past-wars/

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Sure, let's give em a blank check, us citizens don't need any help at home. If Russia is such a problem, wouldn't European countries be going broke giving to Ukraine?  We have given them plenty https://www.statista.com/chart/27278/military-aid-to-ukraine-by-country/

No one said blank check.  As I've already said before, Israel and Ukraine need to inform us of their strategic and political endgames for their conflicts.  Russia IS a problem, and it's better we weaken them in a proxy war, than lose American boys defending our NATO allies from them.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No one said blank check.  As I've already said before, Israel and Ukraine need to inform us of their strategic and political endgames for their conflicts.  Russia IS a problem, and it's better we weaken them in a proxy war, than lose American boys defending our NATO allies from them.  

Russia is running out of money, their economy is *****. They are not as big of a threat as you perceive. I support helping Ukraine, but there has to be a limit. Other countries could definitely do more(looking at you Canada).

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Military aid sent to Ukraine already surpassed the cost of Afghanistan 

https://www.statista.com/chart/29375/us-military-aid-to-ukraine-compared-to-past-wars/

Thank you.  Why is it America's responsibility to give them money?  Europe has far more to lose.

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Russia is running out of money, their economy is *****. They are not as big of a threat as you perceive. I support helping Ukraine, but there has to be a limit. Other countries could definitely do more(looking at you Canada).

They've been told that once Russia takes over Ukraine (despite the war going on 2 years now and with token help from NATO, with no end in sight) they're going to be invading NATO countries.  No, really.

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I agree, and I'm glad you're not one of the Russian loving Americans who've been either pessimistic or downright against the whole thing.  They listen to lyin' Trump, who claims Putin wouldn't do it if he were prez.  LOL.  To kill Soleimani he had to agree to accept an attack that caused 100 American casualties, and then he BRAGGED about it, while claiming he heard a few "had headaches".  These soldiers are still suffering effects on their lives to this day.  

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I agree, and I'm glad you're not one of the Russian loving Americans who've been either pessimistic or downright against the whole thing.  They listen to lyin' Trump, who claims Putin wouldn't do it if he were prez.  LOL.  To kill Soleimani he had to agree to accept an attack that caused 100 American casualties, and then he BRAGGED about it, while claiming he heard a few "had headaches".  These soldiers are still suffering effects on their lives to this day.  

What are you talking about? 

And Putin didn't invade Ukraine under Trump, but did under Barry and Joke.  You think that's a coincidence?  When a "Putin puppet" would have given Ukraine up without a fight?

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Damn, I thought we were on to some genuine dialog. Then you veered left down the Trump rabbit hole. Maybe next time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Damn, I thought we were on to some genuine dialog. Then you veered left down the Trump rabbit hole. Maybe next time.

Wishful thinking. Trump flat out broke people. They will be “but Trump”ing for decades. 

• Agree 1