Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

10 hours ago, meazza said:

And yet you are ? 😂😂😂

You wear your party affiliation on your forehead.  You’re no better than those you criticize.

Did you miss the point here? People claiming to be independents but aren't? That would be different than people who obviously support one side or the other (the vast majority of all of us here) 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Did you miss the point here? People claiming to be independents but aren't? That would be different than people who obviously support one side or the other (the vast majority of all of us here) 

I think if you support a party no matter what (which is your case obviously), then you’re just as full of it as someone who says they are independent that aren’t.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/around-30-of-western-weapons-make-it-to-ukrainian-troops-cbs/

Seems only about 30% of the weapons the west sends to Ukraine actually make it to the Ukrainian troops. 

ZWF0dXJlLnBuZw

So let's increase the amount of military aid to $165B so close to 100% of the original amount of $50B aid gets to the front.  That's how people in government solve problems! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, DRsGhost said:

FoxNews. That's all you ever have. 

CNN. ABC. NBC. CBS. NPR. Msnbc. NYT. Washington post....etc...

So...

In October 2020 Miranda Devine at the NY Post released the Hunter Biden laptop story. She verified the emails as legit from the laptop and immediately...

Every single one of the above outlets refused to report on the story. An easily verifiable story that they refused to report. A story about the son of a Presidential candidate selling access to his father to foreign business interests...

How do you suppose that story would be covered if those sons were named Eric or Donald Trump Jr.?

Twitter suspended the NY Post twitter account and banned sharing of the story. Facebook/Instagram too.

It was so blatant and obvious and out in the open and STILL we have partisan morons who won't admit it.

That's why I'm at the ***** you stage.

There's the run of the mill policy right/left disagreements that always are there throughout the decades....and then there's what's happened post 2015.

If you're a hack who still interprets where we're at through the typical right/left policy lens then I've got zero time for you.

You can ***** right off.

This goes hand-in-hand with the stop-the-steal and Jan 6th.  The courthouse filings were a joke, they were published but not by any right-wing news organization that I ever found. 

Can you own the fact that it was very wrong what Trump enabled to happen on Jan 6, and it was a shameful, disgraceful act for the nation?  If it had been Antifa they would have been hunted down by right-wingers.

As you seek to be dismissive, I'm just wondering if you truly look beyond the right wing lens or are a worthless hypocrite?   Every American regardless of political beliefs should be ashamed of what went down that day, are you?  

I have no problem saying you are dead right about the laptop and the left media.  And yes, it would have been much different if it had been Trump's son.  It was also shameful and it would be great if legally they could be held accountable.  How can we do that?  That's why right and left media sources need to be considered, not just one side.

18 minutes ago, meazza said:

Yes being a hyper partisan is a great plus 🙄

I support one party and not the other, yes. You are saying that's wrong? 

You seem to be saying that's a form of insanity or something? 

So your argument, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that liberals/Dems are no different than Trump supporters. 

Is that fair? 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I support one party and not the other, yes. You are saying that's wrong? 

You seem to be saying that's a form of insanity or something? 

Of course it’s wrong .  What if the party doesn’t deliver or shifts from what made you a voter ? 

This is precisely why the US is stuck voting for Pepsi or coke.  Because no matter what your party does, you will defend them by saying « what about the other party ».

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

This goes hand-in-hand with the stop-the-steal and Jan 6th.  The courthouse filings were a joke, they were published but not by any right-wing news organization that I ever found. 

Can you own the fact that it was very wrong what Trump enabled to happen on Jan 6, and it was a shameful, disgraceful act for the nation?  If it had been Antifa they would have been hunted down by right-wingers.

As you seek to be dismissive, I'm just wondering if you truly look beyond the right wing lens or are a worthless hypocrite?   Every American regardless of political beliefs should be ashamed of what went down that day, are you?  

Every single person on J6 who entered the Capitol illegally should be charged and face the appropriate consequences of their actions. Key word being appropriate.   I've stated this numerous times.

Undoubtedly it was a dark day for our country to see what happened at the Capitol.  I'm simply not buying that it was an "insurrection."  

My question to you is do you want to know the truth and lay all the evidence out there or do you want to have a committee that has already concluded that Trump is guilty and just backfills cherry picked evidence and witnesses (who aren't cross-examined) that supports the already arrived at conclusion during a prime time show trial?

14,000 hours of unreleased Capitol surveillance video would certainly be a great place to start in piecing together exactly what happened in and around the Capitol on J6.  The committee however is uninterested in this video.  What could possibly be the reasoning behind not looking at all the video for "the worst attack on democracy since the Civil War" to help bring every single person involved to justice?

And I'll state this again because these facts are undeniable and can be backed up by documents in the public domain.

Trump authorized up to 20,000 national guard troops to be deployed on J6

His authorization alone is insufficient to deploy troops.  The law requires that a local authority make an official request for NG troops.  

The local authorities in this case would be the House/Senate sergeant at arms or DC Mayor Bowser.

All of the above local authorities refused, in writing, to make that request.

If we are looking to assign blame for what actually happened and why on J6 asking those local authorities why they chose to not request the NG probably should be part of an all encompassing investigation.  But that's just me. 

Are you willing to look beyond the narrative a sham partisan committee feeds you or are you wanting them to consider all the evidence?

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

I have no problem saying you are dead right about the laptop and the left media.  And yes, it would have been much different if it had been Trump's son.  It was also shameful and it would be great if legally they could be held accountable.  How can we do that?  That's why right and left media sources need to be considered, not just one side.

Great.  But I think you're still missing just how nefarious this whole thing was.  First of all the letter signed by 50 former intelligence officials specifically stated that they had absolutely no evidence that the laptop was actually Russian disinformation, just that they had suspicions that it might be.  How did the vast majority of the media take that information in their reporting?  They reported that it WAS russian disinformation despite the letter explicitly stating that they had no evidence to support it.  

It gets worse.  The NY Post broke the laptop story, one of the oldest newspapers in the country and what did Twitter do? Twitter locked the account of the NY Post. Because 50 former intelligence officials had a "gut feeling" and absolutely zero proof that it was Russian disinformation.  Then Twitter and Facebook took it further and blocked any sharing of the NY Post story on their platforms.

This is truly a massive scandal.  I'm not sure what we do about the media, but I do know nothing gets fixed on many levels without breaking up big tech.  If they are allowed to continue unabated with brute censoring of accurate reporting because it hurts politicians on their side then it's over for our republic.  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

As Washington is intent on pissing away an infinite amount of money in as unaccountable a fashion as possible, why don't they just get it over with and apply for friggin' Statehood? 

Top 10 state by federal monies.

California ($43.61 billion)

Texas ($26.90 billion)

Florida ($23.77 billion)

New York ($22.06 billion)

Virginia ($17.68 billion)

Pennsylvania ($15.58 billion)

Illinois ($13.18 billion)

Ohio ($12.57 billion)

North Carolina ($11.31 billion)

Michigan ($10.84 billion)

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You are a bit of obsessed about me at your safe place, right Nouseforaname?

LMAO

I changed my username on the other forum.  Is this a gotcha moment for you? 

What about you lurking a site you were banned from?

Edited by meazza
  • Haha (+1) 1