Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Good! Next, overcome the pro-Putin nonsense in the House 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/02/08/senate-ukraine-israel-aid-border-deal/

A bill that would send billions in aid to key U.S. allies surmounted a procedural hurdle on Thursday after more than a dozen Republicans voted with Democrats to consider the legislation. The move marked a surprising turnaround for the fate of U.S. aid to Ukraine, which had been bogged down for months by GOP demands that border reforms be attached to it.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

The bill includes more than $60 billion in aid for Ukraine as it fends off a Russian invasion, and $14 billion for Israel in its war in Gaza, and has long been a top national security priority for President Biden, who asked for the funds last October. Senate Republicans voted down a version of the foreign aid package that contained border reforms on Wednesday.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I couldn't sleep/look in the mirror by profiting from others deaths and carnage.  

I don't invest in war.  That's your thing 

The vast majority of my investments are in tech stocks, which are doing well. 

I'd invest in our defense industry, though. They help preserve our freedom 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, daz28 said:

It was 109, and the number has been revised many times.  Trump literally said in his interview, that Iran called him, and said they were going to hit back, and that they told him where they were going to do it, so there would be no casualties.  You're willfully ignoring the facts.  Where did I say there were zero casualties, there were 109 OFFICIAL casualties, and ZERO American response after them.  You're going from willful ignorance, to simple ignoring facts.  

Show me the exact part of the interview he says they told him where they were going to strike.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Show me the exact part of the interview he says they told him where they were going to strike.

How can you even straight faced tell me you even watched the interview.  This is VERBATIM:  "Did you know they called me to tell me they were going to hit a CERTAIN LOCATION".  Seriously, dude.  He said Iran told them "don't move".  Obviously this meant don't move from the "certain location".  Do you think they meant don't move anyone from any bases anywhere in the Middle East if they were trying to purposely miss?  If I was going to throw a knife at the wall, and you were blindfolded, do you think it would help if I told you in which direction to move if you didn't want to be hit?   

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How can you even straight faced tell me you even watched the interview.  This is VERBATIM:  "Did you know they called me to tell me they were going to hit a CERTAIN LOCATION".  Seriously, dude.  He said Iran told them "don't move".  Obviously this meant don't move from the "certain location".  Do you think they meant don't move anyone from any bases anywhere in the Middle East if they were trying to purposely miss?  If I was going to throw a knife at the wall, and you were blindfolded, do you think it would help if I told you in which direction to move if you didn't want to be hit?   

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-base-iraq-comes-under-attack-missiles-iran-claims-n1112171

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Ok, we've established you can read, but can you read the dictionary.  Here's the bi-line of YOUR article:   There were no reports YET of casualties or damage at the two Iraqi military bases housing U.S. forces.  Look up the definition of yet, and then look at the latest article I showed  you that tells you the casualty report has been REVISED at least 5 times.  Oh wait, you already knew that.  Makes you wonder why you'd post this BS.  Thanks for trolling me buddy.  This is way better than being outside enjoying the weather.  

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok, we've established you can read, but can you read the dictionary.  Here's the bi-line of YOUR article:   There were no reports YET of casualties or damage at the two Iraqi military bases housing U.S. forces.  Look up the definition of yet, and then look at the latest article I showed  you that tells you the casualty report has been REVISED at least 5 times.  Oh wait, you already knew that.  Makes you wonder why you'd post this BS.  Thanks for trolling me buddy.  This is way better than being outside enjoying the weather.  

Post your updated article buddy.

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Update, nobody died. So that justified another attack that could escalate into a war? Got it bud!

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Update, nobody died. So that justified another attack that could escalate into a war? Got it bud!

Hard to justify further attacks when NOBODY died.

31 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I can't find the interview.  You mentioned a title and website (https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/trump-revelations-bartiromo-sit/WND) that had excerpts that didn't say anything about them telling him where they were firing.

33 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Hard to justify further attacks when NOBODY died.

Listen buddy, I don't have to prove the grass is green and the sky is blue, just because you claim I don't have proof.  You can google and paste a few simple keywords and do your own reesearch.  If you want to call me a liar, then maybe I would accommodate, but that would come at the expense of you looking foolish.  

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can't find the interview.  You mentioned a title and website (https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/trump-revelations-bartiromo-sit/WND) that had excerpts that didn't say anything about them telling him where they were firing.

Scroll to the bottom of the article.  You're in the right place.  

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

And before you mention the 100 with tbi, a concussion is considered a tbi. Your point is disingenuous.

Discount the suffering of our troops.  Cool story bro. Some of them still have effects, and other will develop them(you know only concussions).  Would have been much better for those soldiers if Iran would have been too terrified to even consider launching 18 missiles at us.  TF they think they are???  I like Bidens if even their proxies hit us once, we're gonna hit you 100 times policy A LOT better. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Discount the suffering of our troops.  Cool story bro. Some of them still have effects, and other will develop them(you know only concussions).  Would have been much better for those soldiers if Iran would have been too terrified to even consider launching 18 missiles at us.  TF they think they are???  I like Bidens if even their proxies hit us once, we're gonna hit you 100 times policy A LOT better. 

Hey bro, you know what you're idea entails? More deaths, guaranteed. How many lives were lost in Afghanistan? Iraq? We killed a top Iranian leader without anybody killed, that's a win. Bidens policy? He isn't a threat to anyone except himself.  There isn't a leader on this planet that fears Biden.

25 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Scroll to the bottom of the article.  You're in the right place.  

Thanks.  Got it now. 

As AlBundy said, the troops suffered concussions.  Which is probably why it sailed by everyone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Hey bro, you know what you're idea entails? More deaths, guaranteed. How many lives were lost in Afghanistan? Iraq? We killed a top Iranian leader without anybody killed, that's a win. Bidens policy? He isn't a threat to anyone except himself.  There isn't a leader on this planet that fears Biden.

Is that why Chamberlain let Hitler have a bunch of free countries, so he could avoid war?  How'd that turn out.  Here's Crimea, here's Ukraine.  You'll be good now, right Mr. Putin.  I'm sure Tuck will get it all cleared up tonight.  LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Is that why Chamberlain let Hitler have a bunch of free countries, so he could avoid war?  How'd that turn out.  Here's Crimea, here's Ukraine.  You'll be good now, right Mr. Putin.  I'm sure Tuck will get it all cleared up tonight.  LOL

Go sit down, you're spinning in circles.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Concussions bro! Don't u think if our soldiers were seriously injured it would've been plastered all over every news station except maybe fox news in 2020. You're wrong, go sit down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Thanks.  Got it now. 

As AlBundy said, the troops suffered concussions.  Which is probably why it sailed by everyone.

Yeah only concussions. The next step after downgrading from TBI to concussions is just headaches as Trump said.  Being this is a football site I would have assumed you guys were familiar with what TBI can do.  I'd rather have an arm blown off than be Mike Webster or Jovan Belcher.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Yeah only concussions. The next step after downgrading from TBI to concussions is just headaches as Trump said.  Being this is a football site I would have assumed you guys were familiar with what TBI can do.  I'd rather have an arm blown off than be Mike Webster or Jovan Belcher.  

How many concussions do nfl players suffer over their career? Hint more than ONE. GO SIT DOWN. You are definitely not winning this one.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Concussions bro! Don't u think if our soldiers were seriously injured it would've been plastered all over every news station except maybe fox news in 2020. You're wrong, go sit down.

The left goes after every little thing he does.  It should tell you how much of a nothingburger this is if they're not going after him for it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Wasn't too hard to bait you into this.  Time to look foolish, but at least I warned you:   

The Defense Department says 45 more U.S. service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran's attack on the Ain al-Asad airbase in Iraq last month — raising the total number of troops injured in the ballistic missile strike to 109.

Of those who were injured, 76 have returned to duty. A Pentagon statement about the injuries did not include details about the service members, such as their age, rank or military unit.

Monday's update is at least the fifth time the U.S. has revised the number of personnel injured during the Iranian attack.

President Trump initially reported no U.S. troops were injured. "No Americans were harmed in last night's attack by the Iranian regime," Trump said shortly after the strike. He added, "We suffered no casualties."  But the Pentagon later said that 11 people had suffered TBI. And on Jan. 24, the number jumped to 34. Nearly a week later, the Pentagon said 50 personnel were injured, only to revise the figure days later to 64.  

Discussing the increased injury toll given late last month, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that TBI often "takes some time to manifest itself."

Milley has also said the military will take good care of the service members who suffered traumatic brain injuries in Iraq, saying they will be monitored for "the rest of their lives" and receive any treatment they need.

According to the Pentagon's breakdown of the 109 military personnel's status. (Some service members are listed in more than one category.)

75 returned to duty after being treated in Iraq

1 returned to duty in Iraq after being treated in Germany

27 were transported from Iraq to U.S. medical facilities in Germany

21 were transported from Germany to the U.S. for treatment

7 are currently en route from Iraq to Germany

5 are still being evaluated.

The Iranian attack targeted at least two Iraqi military bases housing U.S. personnel, including Ain al-Asad. Iran's action was in retaliation for the U.S. drone strike that killed one of its most prominent military commanders, Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani.  

Trump recently seemed to downplay the service members' condition, saying in late January, "I heard that they had headaches and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it is not very serious."

The president reiterated that stance in an interview with Fox Business on Monday night. And he described how he was initially impressed that no one was killed in the Iranian missile barrage.

"And then a couple of weeks later, I started hearing about people having to do with trauma — head trauma," Trump said. "And that exists, but it's, you know, I viewed it a little bit differently than most, and I won't be changing my mind on that."

An expert on combat-related brain injuries such as TBI, David Cifu of Virginia Commonwealth University, recently told NPR: "All concussions, all brain injuries are serious. So they're serious."

Cifu added, "The good news is that 95% to 98% of people with concussions who are diagnosed early on, who are managed in a comprehensive way, which the military knows how to do, are going to do well, are going to have wonderful short- and long-term outcomes."

But the doctor, who leads a national team researching brain injuries, said that if concussions, TBI and similar conditions aren't diagnosed and treated early, patients face a higher risk of additional problems or symptoms.

Cifu noted that among civilians, concussions aren't diagnosed 50% of the time and said that in regard to U.S. military personnel injured at Ain al-Asad, "the important thing is it's diagnosed now and they're acting on it."

The Defense Department is committed to providing "the best possible outcomes for our service members," Alyssa Farah, the Pentagon press secretary, said in the statement about the latest injury report.

"We are grateful to the efforts of our medical professionals who have worked diligently to ensure the appropriate level of care for our service members," Farah said, "which has enabled nearly 70 percent of those diagnosed to return to duty."

SIT DOWN!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

How many concussions do nfl players suffer over their career? Hint more than ONE. GO SIT DOWN. You are definitely not winning this one.

You do know that when they compare football players to missiles that they're exaggerating, right?  Imagine a football play so violent that 100's of players instantly get TBI's.  Pretty sure comparing a football tackle to an incoming missile may be the biggest stretch ever on PPP.  Congrats.  

31 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You do know that when they compare football players to missiles that they're exaggerating, right?  Imagine a football play so violent that 100's of players instantly get TBI's.  Pretty sure comparing a football tackle to an incoming missile may be the biggest stretch ever on PPP.  Congrats.  

You brought up football clown

More infrastructure attacks in Russia.   Is it Ukraine or the crazy Russian separatists we heard about earlier in the war?  Almost no media coverage.   Very strange.....great strategy though.   Russia is trying their best to suppress the news but individuals are posting videos.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

More infrastructure attacks in Russia.   Is it Ukraine or the crazy Russian separatists we heard about earlier in the war?  Almost no media coverage.   Very strange.....great strategy though.   Russia is trying their best to suppress the news but individuals are posting videos.  

Could be long range drones, could be ATESH, could be Ukrainian intelligence.

My guess is drones and ATESH. Ukrainian Intelligence seems more into the assassinations. See for example, when Russian submarine captain Stanislav Rzhitsky posted his jogging route online. Then he was shot six times while jogging it. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/31/2023 at 10:38 AM, aristocrat said:

what happened to all the putin is dying of cancer *****? was that made up? 

how about we negotiate peace and wait until he dies and then negotiate the return of territories? you believe there are two sides....russia and endless war. why not a third where we have the war end and just accept russia did what they did, give them a few territories and wait for him to die?

True.

One thing is obvious from brief parts of the interview, the reports last year that Putin was seriously ill, or losing his grip, are plainly wrong.

Too bad.

But it was just another bit of propaganda from the Pro-War Left.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Is this the same Boris Johnson that scuttled the peace deal Zelensky negotiated with the Russians?  The guys an flamingasshole.  

He stands with democracy. You stand with the evil dictators 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He stands with democracy. You stand with the evil dictators 

I stand with nobody, and this isn't about where I stand.  Because my ability to alter and influence the outcome of the conflict is zero.   What influences the outcome are players like Johnson who delivered a message to Zelensky that Washington and the western countries and NATO backing Ukraine find any peace deal with Russia to be an unacceptable conclusion to the conflict and that the war must continue.  How is killing a peace deal that resulted in the death of 100's of thousands of soldiers and civilians supporting anything other than carnage and death?  Maybe your definition of democracy is synonymous to endless war, death, and suffering but it's not mine.  You can fool yourself into believing devils in disguise like Johnson support democracy all you'd like but at the end of the day its one big illusion.  You support killers.  No different than the guys you say are evil.  Try objectivity.  You might find it enlightening.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I stand with nobody, and this isn't about where I stand.  Because my ability to alter and influence the outcome of the conflict is zero.   What influences the outcome are players like Johnson who delivered a message to Zelensky that Washington and the western countries and NATO backing Ukraine find any peace deal with Russia to be an unacceptable conclusion to the conflict and that the war must continue.  How is killing a peace deal that resulted in the death of 100's of thousands of soldiers and civilians supporting anything other than carnage and death?  Maybe your definition of democracy is synonymous to endless war, death, and suffering but it's not mine.  You can fool yourself into believing devils in disguise like Johnson support democracy all you'd like but at the end of the day its one big illusion.  You support killers.  No different than the guys you say are evil.  Try objectivity.  You might find it enlightening.  

Russia's "peace deal" is slavery. 

You seem like a Russian troll farm worker 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup.  Several Putin ball lickers on this board....amazing how they find invading sovereign countries, poisoning and imprisoning political enemies, censoring any and all opposition a good thing.  All the while, they claim to be anti war.  Russia has been in far more overt and covert wars in the last decade than The US ever has.  But somehow these trolls ignore that fact.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Amazing.  You have absolutely no rebuttal of my post so you resort to the usual dribble.  The deal was the deal Zelensky found acceptable to his country.  Your characterization of it is irrelevant.  The terms are none of your business, or mine, or our governments.  But not so fast.  I recall you saying sovereign countries can do what they want but apparently what they can't do based on Johnson's visit is negotiate a peace deal they find acceptable without the approval of Washington.  You idiots need to wake up.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yup.  Several Putin ball lickers on this board....amazing how they find invading sovereign countries, poisoning and imprisoning political enemies, censoring any and all opposition a good thing.  All the while, they claim to be anti war.  Russia has been in far more overt and covert wars in the last decade than The US ever has.  But somehow these trolls ignore that fact.

America's suicide squad. They just hate our country 

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Amazing.  You have absolutely no rebuttal of my post so you resort to the usual dribble.  The deal was the deal Zelensky found acceptable to his country.  Your characterization of it is irrelevant.  The terms are none of your business, or mine, or our governments.  But not so fast.  I recall you saying sovereign countries can do what they want but apparently what they can't do based on Johnson's visit is negotiate a peace deal they find acceptable without the approval of Washington.  You idiots need to wake up.  

You are Pro-Putin, why would I take you seriously? 

• Eyeroll 1