Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

There ya go. He's got an excuse ready made to let Putin, the genius, murder them all. "Let Germany take the lead!" 

Putin must of smiled hearing that 

Of course what Trump said in that link made perfect sense.

The Ukraine is not a NATO ally.

The US had no dependence on Russian crap.

It is incredibly obvious that this was a European problem, yet their failure to stand up to it, borne of years of political flaccidity leads, once again, to the US taxpayer and debt writer handling it.

Stating what is incredibly obvious to any objective observer is not an "excuse ready made," and being reluctant to commit US taxpayers to this European crap is not a bad thing for our leadership to consider.

On a more serious note, recent analysis suggests that Putin has about eighteen months of financial reserves, and that the economy is on the verge of implosion.

That is a far more illustrative indicator of what might happen.

Frankly, the rat is cornered, and look out for the escape strategy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Of course what Trump said in that link made perfect sense.

The Ukraine is not a NATO ally.

The US had no dependence on Russian crap.

It is incredibly obvious that this was a European problem, yet their failure to stand up to it, borne of years of political flaccidity leads, once again, to the US taxpayer and debt writer handling it.

Stating what is incredibly obvious to any objective observer is not an "excuse ready made," and being reluctant to commit US taxpayers to this European crap is not a bad thing for our leadership to consider.

On a more serious note, recent analysis suggests that Putin has about eighteen months of financial reserves, and that the economy is on the verge of implosion.

That is a far more illustrative indicator of what might happen.

Frankly, the rat is cornered, and look out for the escape strategy.

So glad Biden is president. Trump and your likes would have allowed genocide to happen and washed your hands with a laugh 

Pathetic. 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So glad Biden is president. Trump and your likes would have allowed genocide to happen and washed your hands with a laugh 

Pathetic. 

Sure.

You're not only a brilliant military tactician, a weapons expert, a knowledgeable strategist, but also able to predict what might have happened if others were in charge.

You are a genius, or a political hack who knows nothing other than ill informed opinion..

I know where my bet would be. 

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Sure.

You're not only a brilliant military tactician, a weapons expert, a knowledgeable strategist, but also able to predict what might have happened if others were in charge.

You are a genius, or a political hack who knows nothing other than ill informed opinion..

I know where my bet would be. 

Thank God for humanity and democracy that Biden is President! 

The cause of free government took a big step forward with him winning against the Putin puppet criminal he defeated. 

Go ahead and insult me, I'll just count freedom's blessing that freedom is winning 

Glory to Ukraine!! 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Thank God for humanity and democracy that Biden is President! 

The cause of free government took a big step forward with him winning against the Putin puppet criminal he defeated. 

Go ahead and insult me, I'll just count freedom's blessing that freedom is winning 

Glory to Ukraine!! 

Get yourself a Biden T shirt from custom ink.

Good company.

I'm not insulting you or anyone, I simply don't think you have any idea about any of this, and are certainly incapable, as we all are, of guessing what would have happened under vastly different leadership.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Get yourself a Biden T shirt from custom ink.

Good company.

I'm not insulting you or anyone, I simply don't think you have any idea about any of this, and are certainly incapable, as we all are, of guessing what would have happened under vastly different leadership.

So glad we helped the Ukraine! People like you were shrugging their shoulders saying don't do too much! Don't anger Trump's pal Putin. 

Disgusting 

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So glad we helped the Ukraine! People like you were shrugging their shoulders saying don't do too much! Don't anger Trump's pal Putin. 

Disgusting 

Ignorant.

I never said anything of the sort.

What I did do was post relevant, factual information of what is involved re establishing and maintaining a no fly zone, providing aviation assets that they have no way to use, maintain, or arm, and as background, not want to get into WWIII over this.

It is not about angering Putin.

It about having a clue about the reality of the situation, which is extremely complicated and fraught with peril, unlike your high school cheerleader level offerings. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Ignorant.

I never said anything of the sort.

What I did do was post relevant, factual information of what is involved re establishing and maintaining a no fly zone, providing aviation assets that they have no way to use, maintain, or arm, and as background, not want to get into WWIII over this.

It is not about angering Putin.

It about having a clue about the reality of the situation, which is extremely complicated and fraught with peril, unlike your high school cheerleader level offerings. 

Quiet 

CHRISTOPHER CALDWELLWhy Are We in Ukraine?

Never has an official non-belligerent been more implicated in a war. Russia and its sympathizers assert that the U.S. attempt to turn Ukraine into an armed anti-Russian camp is what the war is about in the first place. Even those who dismiss this view will agree that the United States has made itself a central player in the conflict. It is pursuing a three-pronged strategy to defeat Russia through every means short of entering the war—which, of course, raises the risk that the United States will enter the war. One prong is the state-of-the-art weaponry it is supplying to Ukraine. Since June, thousands of computer-guided artillery rockets have been wreaking havoc behind Russian lines. A second prong is sanctions. With western European help, Washington has used its control of the choke points of the global marketplace to impoverish Russians, in hopes of punishing Russia. Finally, the U.S. seeks to rally the world’s peoples to a culture war against an enemy whose traditionalism, even if it does not constitute the whole of his evil, is at least a symbol of it.

It would be foolish to bet against the United States, a mighty global hegemon with a military budget 12 times Russia’s. Yet something is going badly off track. Russia’s military tenacity was to be expected—bloodying and defeating more technologically advanced armies has been a hallmark of Russian civilization for 600 years. But the economic sanctions, far from bringing about the collapse Blinken gloated over, have driven up the price of the energy Russia sells, strengthened the ruble, and threatened America’s western European allies with frostbite, shortages, and recession. The culture war has found few proponents outside of the West’s richest latte neighborhoods. Indeed, cultural self-defense may be part of the reason India, China, and other rising countries have conspicuously declined to cut economic ties with the Russians.

There have been signs for years that a new Iron Curtain was about to drop on the European continent. In 2008, the U.S. announced plans to bring certain non-Baltic republics of the former Soviet Union—notably Ukraine and Georgia—into NATO and the American sphere of influence. Should Ukraine prevail in this proxy war the U.S. will have succeeded, in a way. But it will have done so at an almost unspeakable price. It will have undermined the international economic architecture on which rests its control of global markets (and its ability to safely run government deficits). It will have carried out a shotgun wedding of Russia and China, forcing the most natural-resource-rich country on the planet into the arms of the West’s most dangerous adversary. Should Ukraine fail, the Ukraine policy of the Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden administrations will be counted among the significant foreign policy blunders in American history.

Read the whole thing,

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/why-are-we-in-ukraine/

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I've been to Binghamton a few times and if you also have, I think you'll agree there's not much going on there.  

True story, I think that when the Buffalo KKK went to that very meeting people broke into their office and stole their files and published in the local papers who the local members of the Klan were. The Klan died shortly thereafter 

https://www.amazon.com/Hooded-Knights-Niagara-Klux-Buffalo/dp/0814751024