Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Can someone explain to my why someone making $250k a year needs to have their student loan forgiven?  I’m mean a real good reason other than “hey!  The Dems need votes this November!”  

Someone or do you mean HOUSEHOLD

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait ….”God Biden”? That’s a bit over the top even for you, no? 😉

You are right, the American Democratic party and their voters are to be thanked. 

Did Trump really praise the murderous, terrorist Putin last night? What a mess! 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You are right, the American Democratic party and their voters are to be thanked. 

Did Trump really praise the murderous, terrorist Putin last night? What a mess! 

Yes I’m sure all those thousands of dead and homeless Ukrainians were happy to provide you with an excuse to blame Trump from your comfortable easy chair in WNY. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes I’m sure all those thousands of dead and homeless Ukrainians were happy to provide you with an excuse to blame Trump from your comfortable easy chair in WNY. 

Just glad they are not living under the yoke of Russian fascism, which you dismissively sneeze at and yawn about. 

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

To quote Billstime: Keep deflecting! 

Some of our friends hear the dog whistle of "democracy" and immediately imagine some sort of utopia.  That must be defended and supported whatever the cost. What they don't comprehend or what they don't want to acknowledge is the Ukranian oligarch system in form and function is much closer to the Russian model than it is the Western model of democracy.  Corruption is rampant and embedded into the political and social system.  They believe the US government is acting out of a desire to support democracy rather than the primary objective of supporting US policy towards containing Russia.

It's a beauty is in the eye of the beholder situation.  Most of us see a partner with flaws and faults.  They see perfection.  If you've ever had a friend in love with a seriously flawed person and tried to convince them of those flaws you know what I mean.  They're just not going to see it.  Much like many posters can't see the flaws that are Ukraine.  And sure, we should help them, but we need to be realistic and see the place for what it is which is far from perfect.    

On 9/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, Coffeesforclosers said:

Interesting.

Russia's hoping that short-term political pressure will get them what they want. Otherwise Europe will take energy from other places and sources. And destroy their demand for Russian energy. 

Changing energy plans takes years to agree to and then implement, if they have a cold winter we will have a lot of dead people in Europe due to lack of access to energy sources. They are in a rough situation due to poor planning during past 5 years

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Changing energy plans takes years to agree to and then implement, if they have a cold winter we will have a lot of dead people in Europe due to lack of access to energy sources. They are in a rough situation due to poor planning during past 5 years

No doubt the chickens are coming home to roost. European countries can always choose to continue giving up sovereignty and liberty for comfort and economic growth.  They'll have to perform miracles recommissioning old coal and nuclear plants. It will be a near run thing. 

8 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

No doubt the chickens are coming home to roost. European countries can always choose to continue giving up sovereignty and liberty for comfort and economic growth.  They'll have to perform miracles recommissioning old coal and nuclear plants. It will be a near run thing. 

What a moronic take...The Eco-Greens have walked European countries off a cliff, of their own volition.  It sucks but it's their own fault. 

The only upside I see is the US may benefit from a Refugee crisis like the Irish Potato famine 200 years ago...I say that with zero joy just the obviousness of it all.

American Leftists are going to destroy this country, Western civilization, and almost everything else probably.

13 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

What a moronic take...The Eco-Greens have walked European countries off a cliff, of their own volition.  It sucks but it's their own fault. 

The only upside I see is the US may benefit from a Refugee crisis like the Irish Potato famine 200 years ago...I say that with zero joy just the obviousness of it all.

American Leftists are going to destroy this country, Western civilization, and almost everything else probably.

When? I thought you guys said Bill Clinton was the end of everything good. Well, what's it been, 30 years since Slick Wille set about to destroy America 

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

I think you made that up. Stop lying. 

Oh, you don't remember Conservatives claiming it was like the end of the Roman Republic? "Bread and Circuses! The immorality of the Clinton regime is emblematic of the roman orgies, we are doomed!!" 

Ya, the Conservatives freaked out over Clinton. 

I mean Two Term Clinton. He won twice. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Oh, you don't remember Conservatives claiming it was like the end of the Roman Republic? "Bread and Circuses! The immorality of the Clinton regime is emblematic of the roman orgies, we are doomed!!" 

Ya, the Conservatives freaked out over Clinton. 

I mean Two Term Clinton. He won twice. 

No, I voted for clinton, I don't remember republicans freaking out over it.  Stop being a drama queen.