Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Just now, Tiberius said:

Oh, forgot the whole impeachment for a BJ thing? 

Clinton's health care plan, remember that? 

Yes, I remember. It was for lying, not for getting a BJ.  This is what I mean, why do you feel the need to exaggerate to make your accusations sound worse? 

3 minutes ago, Westside said:

Yes, I remember. It was for lying, not for getting a BJ.  This is what I mean, why do you feel the need to exaggerate to make your accusations sound worse? 

You are lying. The Conservatives had a huge freak out over Clinton. It was the end!! Rush Limbo started up during that romper room outburst 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, you don't remember Conservatives claiming it was like the end of the Roman Republic? "Bread and Circuses! The immorality of the Clinton regime is emblematic of the roman orgies, we are doomed!!" 

Ya, the Conservatives freaked out over Clinton. 

I mean Two Term Clinton. He won twice. 

I thought Bill did a decent job but he does have a yet to be explained clearly documented relationship with the late Jeffery Epstein.  Manifests state Bill was a passenger on Epstein's sex plane several times.  Was he just hitching a ride?  And the DOJ in their usually conditional application of the law, is sitting on the "Black Book" listing all the "Johns", dates, names, and places along with information on the abused young women.  Rumor has it disclosing the list would take down a lot of high profile political and business players.  But the silence from the usual demands for justice self-righteous social justice crew is deafening.  Seems like they just act up when they're told to act up.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, forgot the whole impeachment for a BJ thing? 

Clinton's health care plan, remember that?

He was impeached for lying while under oath to a grand jury.

When it was made so obvious, there was no way perjury from the President can be swept under the rug.

His law license was suspended in Arkansas and from practicing before the Supreme Court.

Of course his health care plan, the one he but Hillary in charge of until he got crushed in the mid terms over it?

That's why he hired David Gergen to right the sinking ship.

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

He was impeached for lying while under oath to a grand jury.

When it was made so obvious, there was no way perjury from the President can be swept under the rug.

His law license was suspended in Arkansas and from practicing before the Supreme Court.

Of course his health care plan, the one he but Hillary in charge of until he got crushed in the mid terms over it?

That's why he hired David Gergen to right the sinking ship.

Also the 1994 election brought Newt with the contract with America and that saved the economy and Bill Clinton was the last president to actually have a budget surplus.  That all went to ***** a few years later with 9/11 and we haven't looked back since.

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

We aren't a democracy.

We are:

1. A Constitutional Republic

2. A Representative Democracy

3. An Indirect Democracy

4. A Federal form of government

5. A Presidential form of government

And a democracy 

I vote. The Constitution says we all have the right to vote (careful). We pick our leaders by...voting! 

That's a democracy 

5 minutes ago, Bandito said:

We are not a democracy. This is amazing to behold. You act like an expert on everything in the political forum, yet did not even know we are not a democracy. This made my day. Thank you for providing a great laugh!

How are we not a democracy? 

18 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

They love that talking point even though it's utterly meaningless.  Little understanding that there are different forms of democracy. 

SURE there are. On a political message board I’d have thought we could get even a basic consensus on political terminology. This is NOT a democracy. At least not on the federal level anyway. In fact, it was set up very purposefully not to be one. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

SURE there are. On a political message board I’d have thought we could get even a basic consensus on political terminology. This is NOT a democracy. At least not on the federal level anyway. In fact, it was set up very purposefully not to be one. 

It's very different now from when it was set up. It has gotten democratic since it was founded 

Easy does it.  The Ukrainians have done a great job setting up their offensives, it's true.  A lot of the elite infantry and tank units that Russia needs to counter-attack in the north were sent south to defend Kherson.  That gives the recent breakthrough near Kharkiv a good chance to succeed and a decent window to do it in.  But they've got to take Kupyansk if they want to really screw up the Russian position in Luhansk/Donetsk.  Kupyansk is the road and rail hub Russia needs to move men and supplies quickly and in large quantities.

It also means that Russia will have a much easier time moving supplies and reinforcements into Kupyansk, than the Ukrainians will have moving fresh attacking troops through the hole they opened in the Russian defense and across the 30ish miles of territory they've advanced.   Give it time, there's a lot left in play up North, as well as Ukraine is doing right now.

In the south, Ukraine's just going to keep grinding away.  The Russian defenders there have a river between them and their lines of supply and reinforcement, and Ukraine blows up their bridges they put across it regularly.  They're really in a jam, as losing Kherson to the Ukrainians is a Tet-offensive sized political headache for Putin and the rest of his wannabe Neocons. So they're forced to defend a very disadvantageous position with crack troops they need elsewhere. 

This is still playing out, and the Russians are taking a hell of a beating, but there's a long way to go yet.