Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wonder if its the league way of telling the Pegula's to build a new stadium :)

Superbowl years we had home games in December...back then fans and players actually liked it for home field advantage...now there's whining

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Superbowl years we had home games in December...back then fans and players actually liked it for home field advantage...now there's whining

This is actually false, and Thurman Thomas has said so many times that playing in that weather was just as bad for them as it was for the other team.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

It was an advantage because those Bills teams were built for bad weather. Great OL led by Kent Hull, great running game with Thurman. That opened up the passing game with Kelly to Reed, Lofton, etc etc. This current team is built to play in a dome. Beane needs to fix that especially if the new stadium is another outdoor stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

It sux to have to look at weather forecasts and hope for changes during the week.  Bad weather is not fun and scheduling Monday Night games in the North December on is just stupid.  Of course come the playoffs, usually GB weather comes into play and few are happy.

Look at these games being played in December @ night Den @ KC, Chi @ GB, Minn @ Chi, SF @ Tenn, Minn @ GB, Cle @ Pitt.   Who wants to go to any of these?

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It sux to have to look at weather forecasts and hope for changes during the week.  Bad weather is not fun and scheduling Monday Night games in the North December on is just stupid.  Of course come the playoffs, usually GB weather comes into play and few are happy.

Look at these games being played in December @ night Den @ KC, Chi @ GB, Minn @ Chi, SF @ Tenn, Minn @ GB, Cle @ Pitt.   Who wants to go to any of these?

I would love to go to Lambeau. It's on my bucket list along with Fenway ( I am a Yanks fan) and Wrigley. 

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I mean just don't then.

We all know the models don't become reasonably accurate until about 48 hrs out.  So just Chill (on looking at models) until Saturday.

New NWS data and forecasts (a lot of sites use these) come out at midnight, 6 am, noon, and 6 pm. 

Beware of the time - a lot of sites use GMT

Until Saturday night, this works about as well as anything:

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would love to go to Lambeau. It's on my bucket list along with Fenway ( I am a Yanks fan) and Wrigley. 

Meh.  You’ll be lucky to survive the game imo.  Bleacher seating in the land of the obese = absurd

the concession area is pretty cool as it shows it age, but other than that, I’m glad I saw it once.  

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meh.  You’ll be lucky to survive the game imo.  Bleacher seating in the land of the obese = absurd

the concession area is pretty cool as it shows it age, but other than that, I’m glad I saw it once.  

Lol, I have heard ppl say countless times over the years that Bills fans are mostly lard asses. Not sure why, I assume there are fans of every team that has a fair share of rub ah dub chubs.

Also have heard a few times that Bills/Buffalo women are ugly/fat etc. However I can honestly say for a fact that I've seen a LOT of sexy women from there. So not sure where or why some ppl say this, but anyways...

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, I have heard ppl say countless times over the years that Bills fans are mostly lard asses. Not sure why, I assume there are fans of every team that has a fair share of rub ah dub chubs.

Definitely lots of lard asses in Buffalo too.  Luckily, no bleachers.  

On 11/30/2021 at 1:06 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I

If it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain.

Bring the Wichita Lineman in and see if he can also be a serviceable offensive lineman.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well yeah, I mean there are lard asses every where. Large portion of the country is considered obese. Just not sure why some single out Buffalo though. 

Easy target I suppose.  Especially strange considering the fattest cites in the US are all located in the south 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Oy.... I mean you started with a straw man argument that people think the NFL draws tv ratings because of snow games. Then you seem to be saying that the SEC is popular because they play in nice weather...

None of this is true.

What are you actually saying?

Here's a helpful message board hint......read the posts prior to the one's you respond to.......you'll have context that way.

The argument that was made was that the stadium was just a big TV set because TV money is all that matters..........and tv viewers want to watch teams play outdoors.

That's not the case.........people don't watch football on tv to see what the outdoors looks like from the comfort of their couch.    A window will suffice for that.

The SEC is popular because it's good football.   Obviously.

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

People love to watch games played in the snow, whether NFL/NCAA, just because they are pretty rare. Watching that first game of the year in a driving snow is always intriguing. People love to see snow games during the holiday season. Snow games are pretty rare in Buffalo too. Maybe once every five years do you get a decent snow game in Buffalo. People make it sound like after Halloween, every game in Buffalo is in a driving blizzard. It's ridiculous how people overreact to the Buffalo weather. I actually look forward to sitting at the stadium during a good snow every now and then. 

People love to watch football games.   The rest of your post is irrelevant to football's popularity.

Put a dome on it and then instead of looking back fondly on an occasional fun/bad football game played in weather conditions that altered the outcome............maybe you can look back on many more games where your elite QB carved up opposing defenses in a climate controlled conditions in front of his home crowd............while at the same time allowing the team to compete on a more level playing field financially and for player acquisition and retention.    

You need to watch pro football in the snow?    Watch the CFL playoffs.   Hamilton is one win away from reaching the Grey Cup and the game is being hosted in Hamilton this year.   Never gonna' be a dome over Tim Horton's Field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well the stadium audience isn't 65,000 who "went to a game once".

Season ticket holders often end up attending hundreds of games in OP.

Stifling hot September games........then pouring rain and high wind games in fall.........then windy and bitter cold meaningless late season games are fine when they are all a novelty...........not so much when you've sat thru a few dozen of them.

It's cute that there are still people who think that the NFL draws tv ratings because of snow games though.   That must be why SEC football is so popular.

People watch the games to see football.  Bad weather games are only interesting as an occasional substitute for well played football.   

awww.... you're too kind. I HAVE often been told that I have the perfect face for radio, so I get where you're coming from!

I'm just a guy posting on a message board so it's not me you have to convince about a dome.

The team doesn't want one, and the state is flat broke and can barely afford to pay its bills as it is. A stadium of any kind is going to be a lot harder sell than people realize, so saying "let's give the billionaires a few hundred million extra that they didn't even ask for" isn't going to happen.

Edited by TheFunPolice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.