Let's put it another way - Are the Bills a better team than the Pats?

Billsfan1972

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps you would find this less frustrating if you would care to explain, point by point, why you believe the Bills are a better team?

Coach

OC

DC

QB

WR

TE

OL

DL

LB

CB

Safety

Placekicker

Punter

Overall ST

(didn't we already have a thread on this?)

It's also possible that the weather will feature snow and strong winds - can you explain which team you believe this would favor and why?

You forgot long snapper!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes on paper, it's paper though, and it's whats on the field which matters.  Though, if New England tries to do a walk through on us again it comes down to their cheating once again.  Bellicheat now is just another cheater that's all he's ever been.  McDermott caught that and the league didn't step in can see why law enforcement did though.  I'll never forgive or forget Kraft or Goodell; got my posting on that issue but at least we don't employ a pedobear defender who protected Bulger and now handles their digital arm of public relations.  I noticed that uptick on every team cheating from sock puppet accounts.  Who knew after meeting with Putin it would lead to Kraft having such a balance with off shore Russian gambling operations.  For me as a loss prevention guy it's a game within a game.  You got crooked teams, crooked ownership, and crooked coaching from the top down, and the NFL has coddled them all the way.  

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, I have.  Troy Aikman on TNF was pushing the narrative that Mac Jones is the greatest thing since sliced cheese.

Have heard from some other talking heads too.

Did  he?  Yeah I could see him doing that.

I try not to listen to him, I think he is a blowhard, I think he tries too hard not to be overshadowed by  Joe Buck.  Any connection to Belichek and suddenly players are elevated to greatness in many talking heads opinion.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did  he?  Yeah I could see him doing that.

I try not to listen to him, I think he is a blowhard, I think he tries too hard not to be overshadowed by  Joe Buck.  Any connection to Belichek and suddenly players are elevated to greatness in many talking heads opinion.

Aikman was terribly annoying during the GB-Rams game.  He was all over exculpating Stafford "he's bravely playing hurt something is wrong with him".

News flash Aikman: he's not on the Ram's injury report, so if in fact he is playing hurt....that would be a violation of NFL rules.

As far as Mac Jones, though, to be fair, it's not just his connection to Belichik.

Brett Kollsman, who is explicitly NOT a Pats homer, did this film piece on Mac Jones that explains some of what Aikman, as a former great QB, is seeing:

• Haha (+1) 1

This is must win football. You dont want to be 7-5 with the Pats at 9-4. If we cant beat them at home why would we beat them on the road. That would be our 6th loss. The TB game on the road would be #7. So 10-7 and if we dont beat Pats they likely win out and are 13-4 or 12-5 at worst. 

So Pats win division and we are hoping to get in at 10-7. Way too many variables to expect 10-7 gets us in especially with our losses to Pit, Ind and Ten. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Yes on paper, it's paper though, and it's whats on the field which matters.  Though, if New England tries to do a walk through on us again it comes down to their cheating once again.  Bellicheat now is just another cheater that's all he's ever been.  McDermott caught that and the league didn't step in can see why law enforcement did though.  I'll never forgive or forget Kraft or Goodell; got my posting on that issue but at least we don't employ a pedobear defender who protected Bulger and now handles their digital arm of public relations.  I noticed that uptick on every team cheating from sock puppet accounts.  Who knew after meeting with Putin it would lead to Kraft having such a balance with off shore Russian gambling operations.  For me as a loss prevention guy it's a game within a game.  You got crooked teams, crooked ownership, and crooked coaching from the top down, and the NFL has coddled them all the way.  

Lol

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes unequivocally I say they are.  They are at home Monday night for a game they need to win (not crucial, but a loss would be crushing).  

I'm tired reading that anything can happen, any given Monday, things aren't linear, bad bounces, calls, decisions.....  

If the Bills do lose, what does that say? 

Worry about it if/when it happens?

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Worry about it if/when it happens?

He's in a constant state of worry. Almost every thread he has ever started is some variation of "I'm scared of....," "I'm worried about....," or "I'm concerned about..."

Most of the remainder of the threads he has started are some variation of "I'm angry about...."

Sometimes he tries to throw us off by creating a thread where he is concerned/scared/worried and angry....

• Haha (+1) 1

I typically don't get all the  P*TSD around here... but I'm feeling it too these days, seeing them at the top of the division!

Recall when after the Chiefs game, the concern was the Bills had an easy schedule till the Bucs, that it would be hard for them to remain focused? Talk about overconfidence...

But at least the Bills can handle it! Sweep the Pats* and the Jets, and playoffs are a sure thing

Edited by Jerome007

19 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Lol

You laugh, being from Maine, they took Farrelly, and knew who he was.  You gotta figure on how many girls Kraft has had from the Tong and Traid's.  Well, at least he's an equal opportunity employer....  makes me wonder if he's a handyman lol≥≥...

Edited by Thriftygamer83
Being a smart arse

1 minute ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

You laugh, being from Maine, they took Farrelly, and knew who he was.  You gotta figure on how many girls Kraft has had from the Tong and Traid's.  Well, at least he's an equal opportunity employer....  

Where in Maine? 

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I typically don't get all the  P*TSD around here... but I'm feeling it too these days, seeing them at the top of the division!

Recall when after the Chiefs game, the concern was the Bills had an easy schedule till the Bucs, that it would be hard for them to remain focused? Talk about overconfidence...

But at least the Bills can handle it! Sweep the Pats* and the Jets, and playoffs are a sure thing

Unfortunately there will be no more than a split

With Tre gone and the long week, I hope that against a heavy running team like the Cheats that they will play 5 DLs at times, and/or play Klein along Edmunds and Milano. No need for dime packages all the time. Not because the secondary has been anything but top notch this year, they are one of THE best in the league, but they need more big bodies upfront against the run.  Run D as Run O are the Bills weak points. Address it with the game planning.

If you only look at the last 6 games Ne is really strong.  Overall, they are about average.  Jones is way less likely to turnover over the ball compared to the reckless Allen.  Well Allen has 2 more ints but 9 more Tds.  The more I think about  it and the closer we get, New England are not much different from the Dolphins last year.  I expect similar results to be honest.  

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He's in a constant state of worry. Almost every thread he has ever started is some variation of "I'm scared of....," "I'm worried about....," or "I'm concerned about..."

Most of the remainder of the threads he has started are some variation of "I'm angry about...."

Sometimes he tries to throw us off by creating a thread where he is concerned/scared/worried and angry....

And find when I was wrong....

31 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is must win football. You dont want to be 7-5 with the Pats at 9-4. If we cant beat them at home why would we beat them on the road. That would be our 6th loss. The TB game on the road would be #7. So 10-7 and if we dont beat Pats they likely win out and are 13-4 or 12-5 at worst. 

So Pats win division and we are hoping to get in at 10-7. Way too many variables to expect 10-7 gets us in especially with our losses to Pit, Ind and Ten. 

Pretty much bang on...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.