Let's put it another way - Are the Bills a better team than the Pats?

Billsfan1972

It's up to the Bills players to come in with a proper attitude and anger.  There is no chance they take this lightly.  This can and should be the game where the team finds its identity and moves toward a championship.  Part of that identity is to not turn the ball over, and to not commit dumb penalties.

Of course, officiating could make a difference.  This is a showcase game, and I don't think the NFL wants the refs running around tossing hankies and ruining a good matchup.

45 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Definitely need to pressure Mack Jones.  He is not elusive in the slightest.  Blitz hard from the outside like we did against Tua.  And do not let him escape up the middle.  Even though the Pats beat the Falcons 26-0, when the Falcons blitzed, Jones was a deer in headlights. 

Went to Youtube to see about the blitz from the outside, looks like a legit observation:  

He seemed to pick up the blitz well a few times and get the ball out quick, others when he was flat footed, he just folds up quick.  

What cracks me up is if you blur out the faces with him and Brady and ask uninformed people to pick which dude is 44, I bet they'd pick Jones.  lol

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

No thanks. I think my head would explode if I had to review all of your threads at one time. I will admit that they are generally entertaining though, in a neurotic town crier kind of way...

How about looking the each thread title and my first post, and tell me exactly where I have been incorrect.  Call me Nostradamus, because I've been pretty much spot on with every one, though you may not like it.... 

Here let's make it real easy.....  Tell me what is off in any of these Thread Titles I started....

Again the offense is just off.... (After the Indy loss)

Diggs #'s way down - Is this an issue

Did the Jets game really prove anything???? (before the Indy game)

Well last week I was crucified for saying the Offense has looked a little off.... (After Jax loss)

Can't wait until the Bills offense finally starts clicking (oops still waiting)

I thought KC's defense played well.... For them (and now they are)

That's it in 2021.....  And actually looking at 2020 posts, I was pretty much spot on too (Allen not playing great in bad weather, Lamar Jackson excuses from the media and comparisons with JA, worried about easy wins....

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes unequivocally I say they are.  They are at home Monday night for a game they need to win (not crucial, but a loss would be crushing).  

I'm tired reading that anything can happen, any given Monday, things aren't linear, bad bounces, calls, decisions.....  

If the Bills do lose, what does that say? 

Bills are the more talented team, does that make them the BEST team?  I mean in 2007 the Patriots were the most talented team but the Giants won the SB.. thus they were the best team.. so I guess that goes day to day then.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills are the more talented team, does that make them the BEST team?  I mean in 2007 the Patriots were the most talented team but the Giants won the SB.. thus they were the best team.. so I guess that goes day to day then.

I think the Bills are better at the skilled positions but in the trenches, you guys have the advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

• Billsfan1972 changed the title to Let's put it another way - Are the Bills a better team than the Pats?
7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes unequivocally I say they are.  They are at home Monday night for a game they need to win (not crucial, but a loss would be crushing).  

I'm tired reading that anything can happen, any given Monday, things aren't linear, bad bounces, calls, decisions.....  

If the Bills do lose, what does that say? 

If we don’t have a bunch of injuries in the trenches definitely…we’re pretty light on run stuffing DTs with two functioning knees and offensive linemen. I honestly can’t believe we have 7 wins given what we’ve been up against…a lot of these bad teams on our schedule that we’ve beaten have some pretty nasty defensive lines. Pats are a solid team though that isn’t gonna beat themselves so I could see us splitting with them. Thankfully they lost to Miami that gives us some wiggle room so a loss doesn’t end the season 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s the perfect game to bring up…overall better team doesn’t mean much when the overall weaker team has a big matchup advantage like the giants dline vs that pats oline. Pretty similar to how the bills have been losing this season but we are supposedly getting all our trench guys back according to McDermott so you’ll be seeing the best offensive line we’ve had all season. If pats still control the trenches and win the game we won’t have a whole lot of excuses on the flip side of that point lol should be an interesting game we’re both beating up on the same ish easy schedule so there’s some question marks on both sides 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow - I just read a "Mac Jones" thread on one of the Pats boards.  Has anyone done that?

I get that every fan, deep down, is kind of a homer - but man, what an eye opener.  It was like the "Da Bears" guys from SNL.  Don't even play the games - just give the guy 6 rings already!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Wow - I just read a "Mac Jones" thread on one of the Pats boards.  Has anyone done that?

I get that every fan, deep down, is kind of a homer - but man, what an eye opener.  It was like the "Da Bears" guys from SNL.  Don't even play the games - just give the guy 6 rings already!

Don’t forget anyone under 30 doesn’t know anything but BB and Brady and the success..  Heck most under 40 don’t really remember the dark days so their glasses really really dark.. (I mean we been lucky going from Bledsoe to Brady)

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Don’t forget anyone under 30 doesn’t know anything but BB and Brady and the success..  Heck most under 40 don’t really remember the dark days so their glasses really really dark.. (I mean we been lucky going from Bledsoe to Brady)

And you may be lucky again w/ Mac.

Gotta say - it's envious, but I don't really envy it for the younger fans.  Something to be said for paying a few dues and having hard luck before you break through.  The older Pats fans assuredly get that, especially if they're fans of other Boston sports as well.

From my POV, either team can win.  We have to play disciplined ball as we have the more talented team, but the less disciplined team.  Our defense even without Tre can contain their team if, and a big if we have an answer for their run game.

We have the more talented WR’s and TE in Knox (Henry’s ok, but Smith has not delivered this year), they have the more talented O Line and RB’s, and by far Allen is superior to the rook.

Its not inconceivable we sweep them, but more likely we split.  I think we’ll win the first one and will table judgment to see how we play Tampa.

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

If all you want is "yes," or "no," then just make a poll you dolt.

If you want actual discussion, then your response right here was stupid & pointless.

Responding to one person who evades every direct question. 

Yes I think they are.  They were before the season started and the first 5 games.  The Pats are on an incredible run, but I still see the Bills as a much better team where it counts, which is skill.  If they lose I will see it as a huge failure of the coaching staff.  

• Agree 1

Their win-loss records say the two teams are evenly matched.  One of the better computer ranking programs out there, ELO, agrees.  It has the Pats at 1628 and the Bills at 1615.  ELO nonetheless predicts a Bills victory (56% chance) because of homefield advantage.

I'm excited to see if the Bills rise to the occasion.   If we play like we did against the Colts or Jags, Monday will be pretty miserable.  But there have been other games  where our offense  was unstoppable and our defense impenetrable. 

Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde?  Which Bills squad will show up on Monday?

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Their win-loss records say the two teams are evenly matched.  One of the better computer ranking programs out there, ELO, agrees.  It has the Pats at 1628 and the Bills at 1615.  ELO nonetheless predicts a Bills victory (56% chance) because of homefield advantage.

I'm excited to see if the Bills rise to the occasion.   If we play like we did against the Colts or Jags, Monday will be pretty miserable.  But there have been other games  where our offense  was unstoppable and our defense impenetrable. 

Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde?  Which Bills squad will show up on Monday?

Again the Pats are on a great run, but no where near as dominant as those games would seem to indicate imo.  Atlanta an awful team, whose offense has disappeared.  Jets have been pathetic and had that 4 game defensive run where they stopped no one (yep Bills too).  Cleveland a dumpster fire with Mayfield lost/hurt and a offense having trouble scoring 10 points, Tennessee decimated by injuries, Panthers worse and worse week after week & Chargers Jekyll & Hyde.  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.