What teams do you fear playing in the PLAYOFFS the most?

Estro

Because the AFC standings are so close and jumbled this year I was thinking about which teams I'd fear the most in the playoffs.  Here's my list:

1. Chiefs

Yea I know they're a bit off this season l, but it's Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Kelce, enough said

2. Colts

It might be recency bias, but I think they're a tough match-up for us. Wentz is playing pretty well and I think Frank Reich is one of the better HC's. They might not even get in, and that's what I'm rooting for because I think they're good.

3. Bengals

Really good QB, excellent WR Corp, good RB, defense is good.  Who the hell is covering JaMarr Chase. I think Burrow has what it takes to put together a magical playoff run.

4. Pats

Next week will tell us a lot, but as of now they are playing well.  I think Mac is due for an "exposed" type game, but Bill B. @ HC is as good as it gets

5. Browns

They might not make it & many woud have the Ravens or Titans here instead, but I think the Browns have a similar recipe as the Colts in the way they can play. Bakers not playing well, but chances are he'll be a lot healthier come playoffs.

6. Titans

No Henry knocks them down some, but if they've got AJ Brown and Julio ready in the playoffs they're still a viable team.

7. Ravens 

I'm lower on the Ravens than most. I think McDermott's proven he's got a nice defensive formula vs. Lamar.  I dont think Lamar has what it takes as a passer to make a deep playoff run. If the Bills dont take credit of business & get in the dance I've got a gut feeling we are going to play them and I welcome it.

8. Raiders

Meh. Not good, not bad.

9. Chargers

Seems like they should be higher, but something is off with this team. They're like the anti Pats. Have all the name cache, but lose way too often

10. Steelers

Probably won't get in, but we have seen what their D is capable of when healthy. 

11. Broncos

Teddy Bridgewater in the playoffs? Sign me up, Id love that matchup

It's a strange year because in my eyes there's not a huge gap between 2 though 7. The chiefs are comfortably by #1 most feared opponent, but after that it's kinda like pick your flavor.......

Where am I wrong?

Edited by Estro

I fear every team, every week, and just hope to make the playoffs. 

Sorry if this isn’t playing along, but I’ve been at this a LONG time. I try to never get ahead of things. 

Having said that, I fear power running teams. The Colts, Pats and Titans are made to take advantage of lighter, faster defenses designed to face the pass heavy offenses of today’s NFL. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Estro said:

Because the AFC standings are so close and jumbled this year I was thinking about which teams I'd fear the most in the playoffs.  Here's my list:

1. Chiefs

Yea I know they're a bit off this season l, but it's Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill and Kelce, enough said

2. Colts

It might be recency bias, but I think they're a tough match-up for us. Wentz is playing pretty well and I think Frank Reich is one of the better HC's. They might not even get in, and that's what I'm rooting for because I think they're good.

3. Bengals

Really good QB, excellent WR Corp, good RB, defense is good.  Who the hell is covering JaMarr Chase. I think Burrow has what it takes to put together a magical playoff run.

4. Pats

Next week will tell us a lot, but as of now they are playing well.  I think Mac is due for an "exposed" type game, but Bill B. @ HC is as good as it gets

5. Browns

They might not make it & many woud have the Ravens or Titans here instead, but I think the Browns have a similar recipe as the Colts in the way they can play. Bakers not playing well, but chances are he'll be a lot healthier come playoffs.

6. Titans

No Henry knocks them down some, but if they've got AJ Brown and Julio ready in the playoffs they're still a viable team.

7. Ravens 

I'm lower on the Ravens than most. I think McDermott's proven he's got a nice defensive formula vs. Lamar.  I dont think Lamar has what it takes as a passer to make a deep playoff run. If the Bills dont take credit of business & get in the dance I've got a gut feeling we are going to play them and I welcome it.

8. Raiders

Meh. Not good, not bad.

9. Chargers

Seems like they should be higher, but something is off with this team. They're like the anti Pats. Have all the name cache, but lose way too often

10. Steelers

Probably won't get in, but we have seen what their D is capable of when healthy. 

11. Broncos

It's a strange year because in my eyes there's not a huge gap between 2 though 7. The chiefs are comfortably by #1 most feared opponent, but after that it's kinda like pick your flavor.......

Where am I wrong?

Any run heavy team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I fear every team, every week, and just hope to make the playoffs. 

Sorry if this isn’t playing along, but I’ve been at this a LONG time. I try to never get ahead of things. 

Having said that, I fear power running teams. The Colts, Pats and Titans are made to take advantage of lighter, faster defenses designed to face the pass heavy offenses of today’s NFL. 

I'm with you and the Bills missing the playoffs is not as crazy as it seemed just a few short weeks ago.  They've got a ton of work to do & the offense eis going to have to be waaaayyy more consistent if they want to string a few wins in the playoffs together, no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

Colts and Browns. Teams with a running back that will beat the life out of the defense. Titans would be here too if DH was playing.

Until proven otherwise, the 2021 Bills can't beat a team with a throw back running back from 1987 running at them. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Estro said:

Where am I wrong?

That’s why the #1 seed is such a big deal.  If you play in the 1st round you could have 3 tough games, compared to only 2 w the bye.

Look at the Ravens for example.  I have a hard time seeing them winning 3 games in a row in January.  But 2 at home w extra rest.  I might bet on them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

1. Chiefs

2. Colts

3. Bengals

4. Pats

5. Browns

6. Titans

7. Ravens 

8. Raiders

Meh. Not good, not bad.

9. Chargers

10. Steelers

11. Broncos

Where am I wrong?

1) Patriots

2) KC

3) Browns (sike) the Ravens

52 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Colts and Browns. Teams with a running back that will beat the life out of the defense. Titans would be here too if DH was playing.

Until proven otherwise, the 2021 Bills can't beat a team with a throw back running back from 1987 running at them. 

The Browns are a joke. Stack the box and make Baker beat you. (Spoiler alert) He won't.

42 minutes ago, Estro said:

1. Chiefs

2. Colts

3. Bengals

4. Pats

5. Browns

6. Titans

7. Ravens 

8. Raiders

Meh. Not good, not bad.

9. Chargers

10. Steelers

11. Broncos

Where am I wrong?

I don't fear any team. But I do respect the difficulties they would have in the post season against any of them. I think this year the Bills could beat anyone in front of them. I also believe they could lose to any team. Pros/coms listed for each team.

1. Chiefs:

Pro: We have shown an ability to beat them and are one of the few teams that could match then point for point. Andy Reid is (despite winning a SB) very prone to post season failure.

Con: they have a multitude of weapons and have Super Bowl/big game experience. 

2. Colts:

Pro: REVENGE. You think after the absolute punch in the mouth they gave us this team wouldn't be pumped for a rematch? I would be. Wentz is their QB and Reich is a good coach that tends to gamble a bit...sometimes it blows up in his face.

Con: Jonathan Taylor would likely be playing. 

3. Bengals:

Pro: While talented they still seem a year off from being a serious contender. Their defense is average. 

Con: Burrow is far better than I thought he would be. Mixon and Chase are also dangerous in that offense. 

4. Pats:

Pro: Rookie QB in the post season...I'll take that matchup any time. I think McD and Frazier can throw enough at him to confuse and force some mistakes. 

Con: Strong running game (Stevenson would have looked great in a Bills uni) and solid defense. McDaniels always has a solid game plan. 

5. Browns:

Pro: Lack of talent at WR. Defense is good but prone to meltdowns.

Con: Possibly the worst matchup the Bills may see. 2 really good RBs (3 if you count Johnson). Physical and talented offensive line and a fact tough defense. 

6. Titans:

Pro: we already know we can hang with a healthy Tennessee team. Didn't get the luxury of playing them without Henry/Jones/Brown. Tannehill is trash.

Cons: Brown and Jones are healing and Henry is expected back for the playoffs. Henry getting hurt I believe actually HELPS the Tacks come postseason as he will be fresh and healthy imstead of over used for a full 17 game schedule.

7. Ravens:

Pro: Mistake prone. Sloppy play. Outside of Lamar they have nothing to worry about it RB. Defense is very unRaven like this year. Their luck will run out soon.

Cons: They just keep finding ways to win. Record setting FG against Detroit. Missing Lamar and Hollywood Brown? Still a win somehow. 

8. Raiders/Chargers/Steelers/Broncos:

Pro: All are extremely inconsistent. None are really "playoff teams" but 1 of them may make the post season due to the expanded playoffs. 

Cons: Cinderella gets lucky sometimes. 

43 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

That’s why the #1 seed is such a big deal.  If you play in the 1st round you could have 3 tough games, compared to only 2 w the bye.

Look at the Ravens for example.  I have a hard time seeing them winning 3 games in a row in January.  But 2 at home w extra rest.  I might bet on them 

I view it differently. Extra rest probably the most important but this year the #1 seed appears less important to me. Each team in the AFC mix has shown themselves quite capable of losing their first playoff game and losing to just about any team. No one has established themselves as dominant and almost a sure thing if they get the 1. Any division winner will have a great chance at the title game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.