Can we discuss our premium defensive draft picks?

McBean

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you watch the Baltimore games?  They had some low percentage miraculous wins. 

They won because they DID NOT shoot themselves in the foot like we keep doing every game.  It’s NOT their depth and several of those games were against bad teams they barely beat.

Again, your statement is cliche, is proven wrong by every other team in the league and every season.  

You act like all teams missing important players just always keep winning.  What happened to the Titans today?  Oh yeah, they lost to Tyrod Taylor and the Texans.  I mean there are a plethora more examples of good teams dropping games while missing important players.  

So stop with this cliche, it’s more often false than correct.  

"Every team has injuries" is not a cliche.

Its the truth.

Bills lose cause they lose in the trenches and they are relatively soft.

You can pretend otherwise, but that's the underlying issue of this team.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Do you really believe this? They were #1 because of the terrible QBs they played. It was all a fraud and many of us knew it and posted it. Tenn and Indy scored on something like 80% of their drives. That is the true defense. Not the mirage you saw in New Jersey.

I think some just have the game on and listen to the announcers, because if you watched every play you would no this defense isn’t any good going back to last year really. Everyone looks good against jets and jags, I’m starting to think we’re somewhere in between the jags game and TEN game. 

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Id argue the fact they DON’T play speaks volumes. If they were difference makers they wouldn’t be healthy scratches or conceding reps to older veterans who aren’t exactly lighting up the field.

And that’s scary!!! Because Addison and huges should be the late substitution. The fact they can’t beat them out is terrible 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

"Every team has injuries" is not a cliche.

Its the truth.

Bills lose cause they lose in the trenches and they are relatively soft.

You can pretend otherwise, but that's the underlying issue of this team.

Lol, I know teams have injuries.  That’s not what I’m saying is cliche.  I’m saying your fact less claim that teams still keep winning when dealing with the loss of key players is cliche.  It’s most often not factual.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, I know teams have injuries.  That’s not what I’m saying is cliche.  I’m saying your fact less claim that teams still keep winning when dealing with the loss of key players is cliche.  It’s most often not factual.  

Injuries of course hurt.

But that's not the reason the bills lost today.  Far from it. That's my point.

Edited by BillsFan130

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you watch the Baltimore games?  They had some low percentage miraculous wins. 

They won because they DID NOT shoot themselves in the foot like we keep doing every game.  It’s NOT their depth and several of those games were against bad teams they barely beat.

Again, your statement is cliche, is proven wrong by every other team in the league and every season.  

You act like all teams missing important players just always keep winning.  What happened to the Titans today?  Oh yeah, they lost to Tyrod Taylor and the Texans.  I mean there are a plethora more examples of good teams dropping games while missing important players.  

So stop with this cliche, it’s more often false than correct.  

So why do we constantly keep shooting ourselves in the foot, and Ravens don’t?

21 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Baltimore found a way to win without their starting qb. Good teams find ways to win under bad circumstances. The Bills are just a pathetic bunch of scrubs. 

Then why didn’t the Packers win today without Alexander and Jones?  Why didn’t the Titans beat Houston today without Henry?  Why did the Niners struggle without key players they previous weeks?  Why did the Chiefs D look so bad without Clark?  

Your statement is absurd and not based on facts or reason.  

Injuries matter to everyone, and key injuries hurt teams.  Period.  

We lost today and sorely missed Edmunds, Star and Spencer.  

But we lost today because we keep beating ourselves on all sides of the ball.

21 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

So why do we constantly keep shooting ourselves in the foot, and Ravens don’t?

Thats a good question and the one that MUST be answered then solved.  It’s not our “depth” or drafts.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then why didn’t the Packers win today without Alexander and Jones?  Why didn’t the Titans beat Houston today without Henry?  Why did the Niners struggle without key players they previous weeks?  Why did the Chiefs D look so bad without Clark?  

Your statement is absurd and not based on facts or reason.  

Injuries matter to everyone, and key injuries hurt teams.  Period.  

We lost today and sorely missed Edmunds, Star and Spencer.  

But we lost today because we keep beating ourselves on all sides of the ball.

I agree with all of this but would add as well something that should go without saying..... it is a matchup league. People were angry at me last year when I said I wanted to avoid Tennessee and Cleveland in the playoffs because the Bills are most vulnerable to teams who can just line up and run it up the gut 35 times a game. In a salary cap league every team has to make choices about how they are built. The Bills are built to pass and stop the pass. The Colts knowing they are limited at QB (Wentz is an absolute passenger on that team) have done what Tennessee and Cleveland did before them - found an elite running back and loaded up on the oline. The Bills are never gonna be a perfect matchup against those teams and will always have a tough time even when they win against them. Similarly the Vikings are a tough matchup style wise v the Packers. The 49ers have beaten the Rams 5 times in a row. It is the NFL. It's a matchup league. 

Oh and Jonathan Taylor is just freaking awesome. I didn't so much today but I just love watching the kid play and have going back to Wisconsin. To think Helaire and Swift were drafted before him. Some NFL teams really do miss the obvious at times. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm questioning this statement because of the Cody Ford's and Vernon Butler's

Those two only play because of injuries. If Star, Zimmer, Brown, and Feliciano were available neither of those two would be on the field, which sucks given the resources spent to acquire them.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with all of this but would add as well something that should go without saying..... it is a matchup league. People were angry at me last year when I said I wanted to avoid Tennessee and Cleveland in the playoffs because the Bills are most vulnerable to teams who can just line up and run it up the gut 35 times a game. In a salary cap league every team has to make choices about how they are built. The Bills are built to pass and stop the pass. The Colts knowing they are limited at QB (Wentz is an absolute passenger on that team) have done what Tennessee and Cleveland did before them - found an elite running back and loaded up on the oline. The Bills are never gonna be a perfect matchup against those teams and will always have a tough time even when they win against them. Similarly the Vikings are a tough matchup style wise v the Packers. The 49ers have beaten the Rams 5 times in a row. It is the NFL. It's a matchup league. 

Oh and Jonathan Taylor is just freaking awesome. I didn't so much today but I just love watching the kid play and have going back to Wisconsin. To think Helaire and Swift were drafted before him. Some NFL teams really do miss the obvious at times. 

Jonathan Taylor was not all great he lost both games to the Titans this year because the Titans made Carson Wentz beat them but when you have a defensive coordinator ***** head Frazier just playing Nickel his a Dum man?

1 minute ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Jonathan Taylor was not all great he lost both games to the Titans this year because the Titans made Carson Wentz beat them but when you have a defensive coordinator ***** head Frazier just playing Nickel his a Dum man?

Taylor is great. 

Fair question on the defense. I said all week I'd play more base. I do think not having Edmunds played into their decision. They must not trust Dodson or Smith.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with this too.  And not having Star made this matchup worse.  

It’s also why it’s imperative we don’t keep beating ourselves with bad penalties and mental errors in these tougher matchups.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree somewhat, but the Bills are manhandled by physical defenses as well. It's not just a defensive matchup for us. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.