Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I was not the biggest fan of Lynch.......another case of the Bills drafting a very immature 20 year old onto a rudderless ship..........but drafting Spiller and then trading him when they did because Beast Mode wanted to play elsewhere was just all around ridiculous decision making.

Funny how being all-in on getting a QB finally put an end to those type of moves.    Don't have to watch the like of Winfield, Clements, Pat Williams, Jason Peters, Lynch, Gilmore, Woods etc.. dominating for other organizations anymore.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I was not the biggest fan of Lynch.......another case of the Bills drafting a very immature 20 year old onto a rudderless ship..........but drafting Spiller and then trading him when they did because Beast Mode wanted to play elsewhere was just all around ridiculous decision making.

Funny how being all-in on getting a QB finally put an end to those type of moves.    Don't have to watch the like of Winfield, Clements, Pat Williams, Jason Peters, Lynch, Gilmore, Woods etc.. dominating for other organizations anymore.

Resigning White broke the cycle. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Resigning White broke the cycle. 

Making the playoffs with a young franchise QB broke the cycle of short term regimes........which made re-signing McD's first draft choice a priority.

If they go 4-12 in 2019 and Allen looks like Darnold then McBeane get fired then and there.

It's not like Gilmore and Woods weren't good players..........new regimes tend to be highly inefficient with personnel in their transition.........and as good as White is he's not as scheme versatile as Gilmore because he doesn't have the deep speed.    

So a new HC with a man coverage scheme probably doesn't want to pay White $15M.    Or maybe White asks to be traded to a better defensive fit or winning team.   That was the formula that kept undermining their rosters.    

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Making the playoffs with a young franchise QB broke the cycle of short term regimes........which made re-signing McD's first draft choice a priority.

If they go 4-12 in 2019 and Allen looks like Darnold then McBeane get fired then and there.

It's not like Gilmore and Woods weren't good players..........new regimes tend to be highly inefficient with personnel in their transition.........and as good as White is he's not as scheme versatile as Gilmore because he doesn't have the deep speed.    

So a new HC with a man coverage scheme probably doesn't want to pay White $15M.    Or maybe White asks to be traded to a better defensive fit or winning team.   That was the formula that kept undermining their rosters.    

The bolded is nonsense. You won't back down from it, of course, because you have yet to ever be wrong about anything in your long, illustrious posting career...but it's nonsense all the same.

Edited by Logic

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guy gets his yards no matter what but it doesn’t always lead to wins. The Jags were driving in for the game winning score on Sunday when Sunshine fumbled. 

All the work he's doing and he'll have to settle for offensive player of the year because whichever elite QB that sucks the least will win MVP.

Makes me sick.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

All the work he's doing and he'll have to settle for offensive player of the year because whichever elite QB that sucks the least will win MVP.

Makes me sick.

There is simply no argument to be made that any RB is more valuable to their team than a top 5 QB.  Every single GM would jump at the chance to trade a Jonathan Taylor level RB for a top QB.  Hell, they would probably throw in a few first round picks.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

There is simply no argument to be made that any RB is more valuable to their team than a top 5 QB.  Every single GM would jump at the chance to trade a Jonathan Taylor level RB for a top QB.  Hell, they would probably throw in a few first round picks.

Agreed. Currently Josh Allen accounts for the highest % of his teams offense, and plays for a division leader that is 2nd overall in ppg. Definitely sounds like an MVP candidate. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I was thinking about that during the Titans game with Henry...amazing player, amazing season, and surely deserving of serious consideration for MVP.

BUT...could you imagine a quarterback coming off the field on third downs???  Hard to be MVP if you are being replaced by Jeremy McNichols 😏

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Well that depends.  For instance, Todd Gurley deserved the MVP over Tom Brady in 2017.  

He was the best player in all of football that year, performed as such and should have been rewarded for that effort.

I don't see a single QB right now that is deserving of MVP (maybe Rodgers).  That could change in December as the season comes to a close.  Meanwhile, Jonathan Taylor is having an all time great year.

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would say you root for the Pats* if you think the Bills have a good chance to win out the rest of the season or a max of 1 more loss.

Even with the Pats* win Bills still lack the tie breaker.  Lots of games left but I just can't root for the Pats* especially in this situation.

Titans remaining schedule:  Hard for me seeing anything more than 2 losses.

Texans

Pats*

Bye

Jaguars

Steelers

49ers

Dolphins

Texans

I don't know about that. They're not immune to losing to bad teams any more than the Bills, Rams, Chiefs or Tampa Bay. I can see them losing two or three games to the Pats, Jags, Steelers, Dolphins, and 49ers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, finn said:

I don't know about that. They're not immune to losing to bad teams any more than the Bills, Rams, Chiefs or Tampa Bay. I can see them losing two or three games to the Pats, Jags, Steelers, Dolphins, and 49ers. 

Yeah they're a weird team. I could see them being one and done in the playoffs or winning it all.

1 minute ago, finn said:

I dont believe that in 2 months time Tennessee will be playing at a level greater than or equal to today.  First seed or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont believe that in 2 months time Tennessee will be playing at a level greater than or equal to today.  First seed or not. 

After week four, you also probably didn’t believe that Tennessee was going to be a division leader or a threat to the AFC crown. A lot can change, and it inevitably will.

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

The bolded is nonsense. You won't back down from it, of course, because you have yet to ever be wrong about anything in your long, illustrious posting career...but it's nonsense all the same.

There is nothing to back down from........he's a 4.5 guy.    And I was probably the only person on TSW who had the relatively unheralded White as the top CB in the 2017 draft class (which notably had the MUCH heralded Marshon Lattimore).    So you are barking up the wrong tree.........he's another example of me being very right,  all due respect to Lattimore.    Gilmore is a step faster than White.......a legit 4.4 flat.   That's all it takes.    

On 11/15/2021 at 12:42 PM, Chicken Boo said:

There is no dominant team in the league right now.  Some team is going to catch fire in December all the way to the Super Bowl.

TN is pretty dominant.  They beat great teams and now they are getting ready to play cream puffs like the Colts and Bills have to this point.  

I think they are beat Houston and I bet Vrabel puts it to BB.  Their DL is playing out of their minds.  3 guys in the top ten.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.