11/14/21 Gameday Thread: Bills at Jets First Half

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. The reality is that we are playing better, but probably not good enough to overcome these big sacks and penalties to convert 3rd and 20’s.

The Bills are playing better, the defense is pitching a shut out, the offense has scored twice including a TD, and the ST unit is playing solid. But they are letting the Jets get the big plays (and a bad penalty that cost this team at least 3) on defense to allow them to hang around. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He definitely has to feel that pressure on 2nd down. Felt like Breida should have chipped as well though. If he wasn't supposed to chip then Josh must have known he was vulnerable to a blitz that side.

I'm 100 percent sure there's a hot read there if Josh sees the blitz. Its wherever the safety vacated to blitz there.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see a problem with Allen or the receivers or the running backs. It's all, once again, on the line. They can't run block, they can't pass block, even against four rushers. The success the Bills have had and will have will depend entirely on the other pieces. So frustrating. Are they such poor athletes? Or are they just very, very badly coached? I mean, it's every game, every opponent. They're as bad as I've seen on any team at any time. 

• Agree 1