After watching the yardsperpass videos...Josh owns these issues toos...

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't think we're a very good run team. 

Moss stinks, so you're shoveling carries into a landfill if he is your primary back. 

Singletary has a great average, but it seems we never see him get more than 10-carries, so hard to tell how efficient giving him that many snaps really is. 

Right now Allen is 1/3rd of our run output (Singletary 355, Moss 233 yards, Allen 319 yards).  

At times Singletary has looked better this year. He seemed to have an extra burst but I dont think they have ever given him a really chance. It is also interesting that since the HOU game his carries have come down and the O has also looked worse. 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

At times Singletary has looked better this year. He seemed to have an extra burst but I dont think they have ever given him a really chance. It is also interesting that since the HOU game his carries have come down and the O has also looked worse. 

Someone mentioned it before, but Singletary was a workhorse back in college.  He needs 10-15 carries to get going.  Not 10-15 carries a game.  And he doesn't have the best first-step so using him for quick passes/screens is pointless.

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen has never been a QB that gets the ball out quickly. He extends the play and tries to allow for routes to develop.

Sometimes it hurts you, but often times it helps you. He is never going to be a guy who consistently gets the ball out in 2 seconds. That's not who he is.

I agree... But... he needs to develop that skill...  If he was able to shred teams consistently with quick 5-7 yard passing they'd have to shift to stop it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I agree... But... he needs to develop that skill...  If he was able to shred teams consistently with quick 5-7 yard passing they'd have to shift to stop it. 

It wouldn't be such a necessity if the offensive line could block for him. But yeah, the more tools in his toolbox that he has, the better.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

For the WGR crowd, we definitely pass a ton. 

Allen had 47 attempts on Sunday and Singletary had 6 carries.  

So I know they beat the drum of pass = aggressive = points and run = conservative = low scoring. 

But Allen has had 47-42-47 attempts the last 3 weeks, and Singletary has been 5-7-6 attempts. 

So realistically, we are passing as much as we possibly can as a team, and this line is crumbling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

For the WGR crowd, we definitely pass a ton. 

Allen had 47 attempts on Sunday and Singletary had 6 carries.  

So I know they beat the drum of pass = aggressive = points and run = conservative = low scoring. 

But Allen has had 47-42-47 attempts the last 3 weeks, and Singletary has been 5-7-6 attempts. 

So realistically, we are passing as much as we possibly can as a team, and this line is crumbling. 

ya, our play calling is simply not getting it done.  what's worse, we aren't fooling anyone.  we seem to run into a knowing D and pass into a D who knows our line calls and how to exploit them, and we are left with no answer.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen has not been nearly as good as last year despite some misleading comparisons being thrown out there on his YTD numbers vs 2020 halfway point, but you can't put everything on him when you are under pressure from the moment the football is snapped on seemingly almost every pass play.

But again, a lot of this also has to do with the fact that teams know we can't run the ball and are going to abandon any feeble attempt to do it quickly especially in a close game. And just like with what's happening with KC, teams are going to continue to give the same cove2 shell looks and bring pressure in the middle because it's working.

They blitzed heavily. Allen refused to take many underneath yardage

• Like (+1) 1

Something I am tuning into more and more as the week unfolds is that we weren't adjusting our routes nearly enough, given that it was almost a historically bad day for the O line.

We couldn't block anyone and it was a gigantic problem...and yet look at the video the OP posted here.  Everyone is running a deep route that takes huge time to develop.

We could have helped our own cause with more short to mid routes IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Something I am tuning into more and more as the week unfolds is that we weren't adjusting our routes nearly enough, given that it was almost a historically bad day for the O line.

We couldn't block anyone and it was a gigantic problem...and yet look at the video the OP posted here.  Everyone is running a deep route that takes huge time to develop.

We could have helped our own cause with more short to mid routes IMO.

I have been slamming the table on this. Not to mention yelling at the screen on game day. We have no time yet Daboll still has Diggs and Sanders running long developing routes. It could be on Josh not calling for an adjustment at the line. But this is where they need to get on the same page and have the WR breaking routes off early. Beas on this play should run the quick slant or in not a curl route. But if you slow it down you do see that Josh should have felt the pressure and quickly gone to Sweeney but he is only looking at Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Nothing comes easy to this offense right now.

The Bills don’t get any 2 play, 75 yard drives.

We have no over the top speed, or big play ability.

Our YAC is 2.87 yards right now.

Imo it's because what I been saying, Allen's refusal to take the easy underneath 5 -10 yards is killing us. Defenses are able to play deeper in their zones.  It's a drive killer and needs to be corrected asap

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I have been slamming the table on this. Not to mention yelling at the screen on game day. We have no time yet Daboll still has Diggs and Sanders running long developing routes. It could be on Josh not calling for an adjustment at the line. But this is where they need to get on the same page and have the WR breaking routes off early. Beas on this play should run the quick slant or in not a curl route. But if you slow it down you do see that Josh should have felt the pressure and quickly gone to Sweeney but he is only looking at Diggs. 

🎯

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bills are 10th in the NFL for rushing yards per game and 7th in the NFL for YPC.

I don't think the problem is that we "can't run the ball."  I think it's more that we "don't run the ball at the right times."

Let's be real.  The rushing numbers are drastically inflated due to Allen's rushing #'s

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Imo it's because what I been saying, Allen's refusal to take the easy underneath 5 -10 yards is killing us. Defenses are able to play deeper in their zones.  It's a drive killer and needs to be corrected asap

🎯

He threw 47 times for 260 yards at 66% completion.

The answer is he needed to dump off more?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Allen has never been a QB that gets the ball out quickly. He extends the play and tries to allow for routes to develop.

Sometimes it hurts you, but often times it helps you. He is never going to be a guy who consistently gets the ball out in 2 seconds. That's not who he is.

yep, he's no dink and dunker.. that's why he is seeing zone shells and having trouble with them.   He's young, he will learn and he is learning.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

They blitzed heavily. Allen refused to take many underneath yardage

They hardly blitzed at all unless third and long sometimes.  Allen took underneath yardage all day.  What did it get them?  Throwing to the back all game doesnt get you anywhere.  Routes take too long to develop for this o line.  What game were you watching?

12 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

yep, he's no dink and dunker.. that's why he is seeing zone shells and having trouble with them.   He's young, he will learn and he is learning.

So are we going to go into a growing pains year where our offensive struggles do not improve as we give Josh an opportunity to develop - and pray he does for a go at the Super Bowl next year? Alternatively, optimistically, does he learn quickly and we see rapid improvement on that score which helps confuse defences and help move the chains? Or, pessimistically, does Josh struggle to adapt and regress even further?

55 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I think the real answer here is the Bills have to keep pumping resources into pass catching options and protection. 

We tried the stand pat/continuity path this off-season and the league catches up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.