Knox & Feliciano [edit: not Brown, yet] officially ruled out for Sunday

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, TMM said:

Joe B. reported that Brown wasn't present during the open portion of practice. Likely not a god sign for his availability on Sunday.

We'll see when the injury report comes out in a couple hours.  Sometimes it seems like the injured guys do their own warmup, inside and with special treatment on the injury area.  At least I've seen guys listed as "limited" in practice who were not seen by media, and they played.

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if Feliciano has started his last game for the Bills?

Unlikely

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

It'll be great to have Brown back if he can make it. He has an attitude that seems to lift the rest of the line

In Brown's first few games, he looks to have the most talent of any lineman on the team.  And that includes Deon Dawkins, who is good but certainly not great.  Obviously Brown needs time for his game to mature.  But by next season he will be a very good NFL offensive tackle.  Great pick by Brandon Beane finding this gem in the rough at Northern Iowa.  

So the starting 5 this week (assuming Spencer Brown plays) should be Dawkins Boettger Morse Williams and Brown.  Which quite frankly is probably our best 5 when healthy.  Boettger is more consistent then Ford or Feliciano.  I think this offseason we need to bring in two starting caliber interior O lineman either in the draft or free agency.

• Agree 1

Hopefully they find the right combination of players upfront. Our offensive line has been uninspiring this year. With Derrick Henry's injury and the Oakland raiders drama it's almost like the AFC is clearing a path for us and our Oline and RBs are very concerning. 

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That O-line sure would look better with Spencer in there. Eliminating the need for Ford to start seems to be a good option.....

But that does mean Ford. As I value your opinion, do you prefer Ford to Mongo?

Mongo was really bad vs phins. Ford was less noticeable late 

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its the jags.....just rest them all

this is probably the last game on the schedule (well, at least until the final two weeks where we may have a certain seed wrapped up already) where I’d say “if there’s any doubt, sit them and let them heal”.

We can win on Sunday without Spencer and Jordan (heck, and Cole for that matter).

17 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

In Brown's first few games, he looks to have the most talent of any lineman on the team.  And that includes Deon Dawkins, who is good but certainly not great.  Obviously Brown needs time for his game to mature.  But by next season he will be a very good NFL offensive tackle.  Great pick by Brandon Beane finding this gem in the rough at Northern Iowa.  

So the starting 5 this week (assuming Spencer Brown plays) should be Dawkins Boettger Morse Williams and Brown.  Which quite frankly is probably our best 5 when healthy.  Boettger is more consistent then Ford or Feliciano.  I think this offseason we need to bring in two starting caliber interior O lineman either in the draft or free agency.

Agreed. Go after one of the top free agent guards and draft another interior lineman no later than the 3rd round.

I'm sure there is much I don't know, but with Brown out, I would like to see them keep Williams at RG and put Bates in at RT. This keeps Williams at the place he best serves the team and although not a lot, Bates has played RT and has been decent.

None of us know the actual extent of these injuries and not even halfway through the season, caution can be expected. But, I fear there’s more to who we’re playing than actual injuries that would keep these guys from taking the field. 
Could be a recipe for disaster given the crowd at the top of the AFC. No team there can afford a Conference loss at this time.

btw, Brown is a scratch.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

None of us know the actual extent of these injuries and not even halfway through the season, caution can be expected. But, I fear there’s more to who we’re playing than actual injuries that would keep these guys from taking the field. 
Could be a recipe for disaster given the crowd at the top of the AFC. No team there can afford a Conference loss at this time.

btw, Brown is a scratch.

So, do you basically think because of who we are playing against that some might be back sooner if the teams were stronger quality? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.