Zach Wilson knee injury [sprained PCL, miss 2-4 weeks]

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I just try to flip it around, and if Guy did that to Josh Allen, I'd be livid.  

Maybe it's a grey area, but he still dove directly at Wilson's knees.  I watch a lot of football and, aside from running in the open field, I don't typically see that type of play behind the LOS on the QB.

Wilson jumps up and the only thing he could grasp was his calf. 

If Wilson stayed on the ground, he gets tackled at his stomach. 

Do you know how low you have to go to tackle Wilson's knee? He's like 4 feet tall. 

• Vomit 1

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The best thing for Wilson would be to sit and watch the games for the next month. Allen benefited greatly from his 4 week break his rookie year. Rushing Wilson back would be another sign at just how screwed up an organization they are. And I'm not saying this because I want him to miss the Bills game. With or without Wilson wouldn't matter to the final score.

The Bills also did a really good job in developing Allen. Beane also went out and improved the roster around Allen. The Bills have a much better GM/HC than the Jets and that's made all the difference in helping Josh become a franchise QB. The Jets didn't help Darnold and it appears they are making the same mistake with Wilson.

13 hours ago, syhuang said:

Found out per the rule since he was outside the pocket and never stopped and re established himself as a passer the hits are legal.  The way they write rules in the NFL is so bad. 

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Bills also did a really good job in developing Allen. Beane also went out and improved the roster around Allen. The Bills have a much better GM/HC than the Jets and that's made all the difference in helping Josh become a franchise QB. The Jets didn't help Darnold and it appears they are making the same mistake with Wilson.

Agree 100% I have said so many QBs  bust because they go to a bad coach or worse a bad organization.  That’s why IMO the best QBs in the East will be Allen and Jones till Miami and NY get their heads out of the sand.

11 hours ago, BigDingus said:

But consistency matters. If Ed Oliver falling on Mahomes' feet trying to make a play while getting pushed is roughing the passer, that first hit on Wilson HAS to be called. 

Wilson was out of the pocket and running to the sideline. I'm not sure on the rules for when you count as a runner versus a QB, but if Wilson counted as a runner there, hitting him low is not against the rules. If you are in the pocket, it is definitely against the rules.

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't agree with this.  IMO the Bills did a terrible job in developing Allen through the off season camps, preseason and the early part of the 2018 season.  The Bills clearly didn't expect to or want to play Allen his rookie year.  They completely tore down their offense in preparation for the rebuild.  The last thing I suspect they wanted to do was throw Allen to the wolves with the worst collection of offensive talent in the NFL that year.

Allen did not take many first team reps throughout training camp and the preseason and the competition for the starting job was between Peterman & McCarron. When McCarron bolted, rumors claim he didn't want to babysit Allen, the Bills were left with starting Peterman!  Arguably the worst QB in the NFL. But given how fierce the defenses were in the first 4 games of the Bills schedule that year - Ravens, Chargers, Vikings & Packers - the Bills opted to start Peterman.  The problem was Peterman set another horrible NFL record to add to his most INT's in a half.  The offense did not get a 1st down through the first 9 series. Allen went in and to avoid a fan revolt they had no choice but to start Allen the next week.

Making matters worse there was no veteran QB to help Allen out and his "top" WR dropped at least 3 TD's during Allen's first few starts! It was only after Allen got hurt that the Bills got their act together and:

*  dumped Holmes and Benjamin at WR who were killing Allen's confidence with their drops

*  brought in two veteran QB's to stabilize he QB room and provide Allen with much needed guidance.

That Allen survived the Bills mismanagement and actually was thriving by the end of his rookie season is a testament to his fortitude.

It is true that after his rookie season the Bills have been brilliant in developing Allen and providing him with the tools to succeed. But the notion that the Bills organization was smart in developing Allen early in his career is not supported by the evidence.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Disgusting how inconsistent the referees and calls are. That first hit was brutal and most likely where most if not all of the damage to his pcl occurred.  Blatant hit that looks like a dirty pats play going almost directly right for his knees and yet no call in a wide open field where there is no excuse or way the refs did not see it yet ignored it. This stuff is what hurts the NFL;  phantom holding calls like on Morse, yet the most dangerous type of hit below the waist directed at a qbs knees and nothing but crickets.   That crew needs to be fined and let’s hope this pats crap doesn’t show up when Josh is exposed. 

Afc is filled with good teams and we have 2 conference losses. Titans destroyed the Chiefs, so just another sign we don’t want to go there in the pLayoffs.  Bengals, Ravens, Raiders all look good and are 5-2 so we need to get our red zone issues solved and not play down to weaker teams we will be facing. I think Daboll needs to back off on so many personnel groups and simplify things for consistency. Titans have a good formula, run game threat and it opens their passing game up along with an ability to pressure and hit the qb.  We have to get better line play, and I hope Mcd stops the “ numbers” game with all the rotating inactive. You drafted all the d lineman , no need for 8 active o lineman on game day ( that’d why we have swing guys , right?) , so get AJ & Basham playing and getting reps as we have to hit the qb.    The Bucs, Pack, and Cards look legit as well so we have lots of progress to get to their level of consistency if we actually have title hopes. 

It is really easy to have a consistent offense game plan when you have a  Derrick Henry in your backfield.  Probably no offensive Non-QB is more important in the NFL.

This might be the best thing for Wilson to sit out a few weeks & let some things slow down for him while watching from the sidelines.  Josh got hurt & missed 4 games his rookie year & he learned while out.  Troy Aikman missed part of his rookie year with an injury while on a bad team & had a HOF career.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This might be the best thing for Wilson to sit out a few weeks & let some things slow down for him while watching from the sidelines.  Josh got hurt & missed 4 games his rookie year & he learned while out.  Troy Aikman missed part of his rookie year with an injury while on a bad team & had a HOF career.  

Yep, it was one of the best things for JA. While he’s had struggles at times, he’s never looked back after that injury.

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It was the best thing for Josh to sit while two vet QBs entered the building and he learned the ropes of how to prepare himself each week as a player as well as learning what he didn't know (and needed to know).

I'm not sure Zach Wilson has anyone comparable in the building.

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Zach Wilson knee injury [sprained PCL, miss 2-4 weeks]
48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was the best thing for Josh to sit while two vet QBs entered the building and he learned the ropes of how to prepare himself each week as a player as well as learning what he didn't know (and needed to know).

I'm not sure Zach Wilson has anyone comparable in the building.

This was the laughable strategy as set up by the Jets, especially with a rookie QB that was highly limited the number of games played in college.  Wilson's trajectory will be Sam Darnold #2, let him waste away at the jets and get traded for next to nothing in a few years as the Jets sign their next savior.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.