Jump to content

Hey Karen! The national experts express belief in the Bills.


Recommended Posts

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-they-re-saying-national-experts-express-belief-in-the-bills-at-the-bye-week
 

Quote

 

Cris Carter | Good Morning Football

Why the Bills will be atop the AFC throughout the season

 

"It's called the 17-game schedule, I'm not gonna be a prisoner of one game. Buffalo has the easiest schedule left. They only have two teams with a winning record left on the schedule.

 

 

Quote

 

Domonique Foxworth & Marcus Spears | ESPN

Are the Bills the best team in the AFC?

Foxworth – Yes

I'm making excuses for the Bills but you're not gonna win all the games. You're gonna lose some games, and this is a reasonable one. … So, I still think just because the Bills lost, it doesn't make me lose any confidence in them. They struggled in the redzone, but they moved the ball pretty well. I think Josh Allen and the Bills are still the class of AFC.

 

 

So many complaining and whining 

 

4-2. That is the same record as last season at Week 7.  
 

 

HAVE SOME FAITH 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're right.  If you look at the remaining schedule, 15-2 is a perfectly plausible scenario for this team.  Do I expect that to happen?  No.  There are two lose-able games on the schedule (NO and TB), and even if the Bills win each of the other 9 games 90% of the time (overly optimistic), that implies another probable loss somewhere due to randomness.

 

But regardless, what kind of line would we be looking at if we played Baltimore or KC or Tampa or Arizona on a neutral field?  Does anybody really think that we would be significant dogs to any of those teams?  I don't.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll add that I just saw an interview with Drew Brees. He was asked about his thoughts on the best team in the AFC after he had raved about the bills a week earlier. When asked who the best team in the conference is now he, without hesitation, named Buffalo again. 
 

My BBFS is basically gone as I feel the same about this team that I did at this point last week. For me, I’m just SUPER BUMMED that  Allen’s arguably 2 most clutch drives of the last 2 seasons barely get any attention or notice because they ended on such flukey BS. It’s sucks. I hate it. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

They're right.  If you look at the remaining schedule, 15-2 is a perfectly plausible scenario for this team.  Do I expect that to happen?  No.  There are two lose-able games on the schedule (NO and TB), and even if the Bills win each of the other 9 games 90% of the time (overly optimistic), that implies another probable loss somewhere due to randomness.

 

But regardless, what kind of line would we be looking at if we played Baltimore or KC or Tampa or Arizona on a neutral field?  Does anybody really think that we would be significant dogs to any of those teams?  I don't.

I don't either, but it won't be a neutral field for the AFC games. Getting home field is the penultimate aim. Baltimore already has wins against the Chiefs, Colts, and Lions that could easily have gone the other way (the Lions got jobbed on the uncalled delay of game penalty). Those are Ws, in contrast with one score differential  games we lost already that probably should have been won. Slim margins at the top.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Allen’s arguably 2 most clutch drives of the last 2 seasons barely get any attention or notice because they ended on such flukey BS. It’s sucks. I hate it. 

I feel like :

   A. It’s gotta piss Josh off and that’s a good thing.

   B. National pundits aside, it makes him look beatable and even if there’s 5-10% disrespect by his opponents that is also a good thing.

   C. This last game rubbed all the offensive skill player’s noses in their Red Zone misfires. Between the coaches scheming and players working/ executing , this gets addressed and become the point of emphasis big time.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

C. This last game rubbed all the offensive skill player’s noses in their Red Zone misfires. Between the coaches scheming and players working/ executing , this gets addressed and become the point of emphasis big time.

Totally agree. Last season coming out of the bye the team addressed their most glaring weakness, lack of a killer instinct in the second half. 
 

McD and Beane are nothing if not spot on with self/team assessment. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I haven’t been this chill watching the Bills. 
 

 

Dude I know same here. Chill and happy/excited. The Titans loss stunk but it really didn't get to me. I have so much faith in this team and Josh Allen is just... Unreal. I love it. I can get used to this

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I think 13-4 is it. Will it be enough for the #1? I think so. 

yeah something like that ... I can see a couple more losses for sure.   Big nasty D Lines will be torturing our O Line for the rest of the season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team is still a super bowl competitor just like KC, Balt, Titans are.  Im not sure about the Chargers yet.  A close loss to the Titans doesn't change that.  Many a team has beat a team in the playoffs that they lost to in regular season.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

4-2. That is the same record as last season at Week 7.  

I'd rather be us and I'd rather be us, THIS YEAR!  The parallels are striking and worth remembering.  As stated, last year we sat 4-2 coming off two prime time games vs KC and Tenn, same as this year.  The difference is we split those two games this year instead of losing both.  Last year, in week 7 we were headed for a game vs Jets where the offense continued to underperform and we won with only FG's.  Then we faced down NE and needed Zimmer's miracle punch of the ball to save a win vs a bad NE team, and seemingly the season's bright hopes.  Then came Seattle and we seemed to finally wake up and catch fire.  

 

It's easy to look back at last season and think it was all smooth sailing.  It wasn't.  But this team did grow up along the way and learn how to win and how to put away the easy ones.  It seams McDermott's teams do seem to lag a bit in October and then gain a ton of momentum in the second half of the season.  I'll be stunned if that pattern doesn't repeat.  I don't see how anyone can objectively watch this team, then watch other teams and what those teams struggle with and then panic or express concern about The Bills prospects.  I'd much rather be us than them.  We are watching the best team and the most complete team in the AFC, and possibly the entire league.  That is no guarantee, of course, but I would rather be us.

Edited by cwater10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

This team is still a super bowl competitor just like KC, Balt, Titans are.  Im not sure about the Chargers yet.  A close loss to the Titans doesn't change that.  Many a team has beat a team in the playoffs that they lost to in regular season.


when will the playoffs ineptitude end for the Chargers?

 

been a long time to not have all the right pieces 

46 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

The difference is we split those two games this year instead of losing both.  Last year, in week 7 we were headed for a game vs Jets where the offense continued to underperform and we won with only FG's.  Then we faced down NE and needed Zimmer's miracle punch of the ball to save a win vs a bad NE team, and seemingly the season's bright hopes.  Then came Seattle and we seemed to finally wake up and catch fire.  


last year Josh played 4 games with a shoulder injury and wore some type of brace 

 

After the brace was gone Josh was on fire.
(albeit against bad teams)

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to Hey Karen! The national experts express belief in the Bills.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/10/23/22739665/fan-confidence-small-percentage-of-bills-fans-worried-after-latest-loss
 

Fan confidence: Small percentage of Bills fans worried after latest loss

Quote

At 97 percent, three percent of Bills fans aren’t confident in the direction of the team after they were out-physicaled by the Titans. Buffalo had previously been the only team to consistently earn 100 percent fan confidence. 


 

(They must not visit the board) 

 

😝 

 

 

[this one s all in fun]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more I think about this loss, the more ok I am with it.  I mean, after getting pretty much run out of town last year again the Titans, this one was absolutely competitive and there were a lot of positives that reinforce my confidence in this year's team.  Sure, the defense, and d-line especially, got mauled pretty good by D Heny (Night Train 2) and were, therefore, easy pickings in the play action game that has become Tannehill's bread-n-butter now.  But that's not something they're going to see much more this season.  With a little luck, they may not have to see the Titans again in the post season.  But this was a really great game for Josh and he showed how good he's becoming to everyone in the country.  He is a bonafide superstar now and there is no doubt whatsoever about that..  That last play was what it was.  It was a gamble.  Drafting Josh Allen was a gamble.  But we're seeing how that one turned out pretty well so far.

 

If he could start using those RB checkdown passes regularly like Brady used to do to everyone with guys like Kevin Faulk, this offense should be unstoppable.  I think that's Josh's major weakness right now.  He might go to that option but he needs to hit those wheel routes and swing passes quicker to give Moss and Singletary room to get going downhill.  Start gouging them with those 7 to 14 year RB passes and you're bound to open up some routes downfield.  But what do I know?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...