Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It's actually a pretty good comparison. Both QB's have/had strong arms. Both could/can run and scramble. Lets hope Josh can win a couple of Super Bowls like Elway did minus the 3 Super losses Elway had.

I would have no problem with Allen winning two Super Bowls and losing three other Super Bowls with the Bills.

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

As stupid as this take is it is still somewhat amusing that they're basically treating Allen like The Incredible Hulk.

There's some truth to that "Hulk" thing, as Aaron Donald and the Rams could attest.  Donald corkscrewed Allen into the ground with a horse collar and a face mask.  The horse collar is legal in the pocket (!!!) and Allen got a PF complaining about it. 

A few plays later, Allen turned green, his shirt ripped over his bulging muscles, and he did this to 27% of the Ram's defense, single-handedly:

All the flabbergasted announcers can manage is: "That is a Strong Man"

A few plays later, of course, he won the game with a sharp pass to Kroft in the endzone.

The Hulk's alter ego is a PhD nuclear physicist.  Allen isn't on the PhD Football level of Brady or Rodgers (yet), but he's certainly getting there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's some truth to that "Hulk" thing, as Aaron Donald and the Rams could attest.  Donald corkscrewed Allen into the ground with a horse collar and a face mask.  The horse collar is legal in the pocket (!!!) and Allen got a PF complaining about it. 

A few plays later, Allen turned green, his shirt ripped over his bulging muscles, and he did this to 27% of the Ram's defense, single-handedly:

All the flabbergasted announcers can manage is: "That is a Strong Man"

A few plays later, of course, he won the game with a sharp pass to Kroft in the endzone.

The Hulk's alter ego is a PhD nuclear physicist.  Allen isn't on the PhD Football level of Brady or Rodgers (yet), but he's certainly getting there

Ugh!  I mean still really good, Hap, but I so badly then wanted to see the winning TD!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Don't teams have rules about being out the night before games (especially with covid being a concern)?

The NFL rules are that vaccinated players can go out to eat/drink on the road and can visit with family during away games.  I think a typical team curfew would be 9 or 10 pm back at the hotel, probably later for a late afternoon or evening game.

Arians has said that the Bucs "ain't going anywhere" after this happened to their vaccinated kicker:

Bucs kicker Ryan Succop tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday morning. He had attended an indoor dinner with a group of Tennessee Titans players ahead of that positive test.

https://www.wfla.com/sports/buccaneers/they-aint-going-anywhere-bruce-arians-says-covid-restrictions-will-be-enforced-on-the-road-for-bucs-players/

Clearly McDermott et al are taking a different approach.

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ugh!  I mean still really good, Hap, but I so badly then wanted to see the winning TD!

Ask and you shall receive, complete with controversial 4th down DPI penalty:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Why is he out?  Get the ***** to bed!  #notateamplayer #cuthim #somethingsomethingsomething

I don't see anyone here actually in an uproar about Manny Sanders being at the bar, but just to the hypothetical individual out there who might be tempted to feel that way, just a few thoughts:

• He is a grown man and can do whatever he wants.
  • You are not a Bills coach or in any way involved in the organization. You have no need to stress yourself worrying about what potential curfews or team rules that may or may not exist.
  • You are just a fan, and as a fan, this is so dope. If you are one of the cool people who made the trip to Nashville and got to party with Sanders for a few minutes in this bar, you rock.
Edited by DC Greg

1 minute ago, DC Greg said:

I don't see anyone here actually in an uproar about Manny Sanders being at the bar, but just to the hypothetical individual out there who might be tempted to feel that way, just a few thoughts:

• You are not a Bills coach or in any way involved in the organization. You have no need to stress yourself worrying about what potential curfews or team rules that may or may not exist.
  • You are just a fan, and as a fan, this is so dope. If you are one of the cool people who made the trip to Nashville and got to party with Sanders for a few minutes in this bar, you rock.

I agree.  It was a joke.  Hence the #notateamplayer #cuthim #somethingsomethingsomething 😉

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The NFL rules are that vaccinated players can go out to eat/drink on the road and can visit with family during away games.  I think a typical team curfew would be 9 or 10 pm back at the hotel, probably later for a late afternoon or evening game.

Arians has said that the Bucs "ain't going anywhere" after this happened to their vaccinated kicker:

https://www.wfla.com/sports/buccaneers/they-aint-going-anywhere-bruce-arians-says-covid-restrictions-will-be-enforced-on-the-road-for-bucs-players/

Clearly McDermott et al are taking a different approach.

Ask and you shall receive, complete with controversial 4th down DPI penalty:

i was so annoyed that call dominated the headlines like it did. They had their network official come on and say flat out it should have been NO LESS than illegal contact and a first down. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Oooooh, the Preemptive Strike, complete with the "You are Just a Fan" put-down

Far be it from me to step in the path of a Charging Man on a High Horse (I keeed, I keeed, I not only do it regularly, at times It's my Job here), but we, as "just fans" who are not "Bills coaches" or "involved in the organization", regularly come here to comment on, opine about, and yes, sometimes even Stress Ourselves about NFL and team rules, what they are, how they apply, are they sensible/stupid etc etc etc

It's part of football, and commenting on all aspects of football is kind of the Prime Mission here on a ....Football Board. 

So perhaps, Dismount, about telling us what we have no need to do?  You are here as "just a fan" too.  You are not a moderator, or an administrator, and have no need to stress yourself worrying about or trying to control how other people behave here.

There's a little roar in a few posts about Manny Sanders being out at the bar.  Of Course it's Dope that Sanders was in the bar and the fans got to party with him for a few moments.  It was probably Dope when fans got to party with the Superbowl-era Bills in bars the night before the game.

PS Sanders, like most Grown Men, can't, in fact, do whatever he wants.  He needs to pay heed to his employer's rules, just like the rest of us.  He also has a responsibility to present himself in peak condition for tonight's game.  He's a Pro's Pro and I'm sure he is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting..  Bet the NFLPA has a difference of opinion there.   

It's not like the Bucs actually NEED a kicker... 🙂 

I'd love a team to just once come out on the opening kickoff with the punter getting ready to drop kick a punt.  It might be the fastest time out in league history..  They don't have to go through with it, just threaten it.. 

Last week I came across a lady on the Bills Mafia Facebook page posting pictures of her and grandson posing with Bills players like Groot and Moss at a sporting store in the Mall. It was from the Saturday night so I assumed they were out and about in Kc.

Seems like They have some freedom to get out  but I’m sure they must have a curfew. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

Interesting..  Bet the NFLPA has a difference of opinion there.   

It's not like the Bucs actually NEED a kicker... 🙂 

I'd love a team to just once come out on the opening kickoff with the punter getting ready to drop kick a punt.  It might be the fastest time out in league history..  They don't have to go through with it, just threaten it.. 

The NFLPA had nothing to say to Arians - this was back in August, apologies for not pointing it out.  Apparently individual clubs have the ability to impose individual "club rules" that may be more restrictive than NFL rules (they can't be less restrictive). 

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Last week I came across a lady on the Bills Mafia Facebook page posting pictures of her and grandson posing with Bills players like Groot and Moss at a sporting store in the Mall. It was from the Saturday night so I assumed they were out and about in Kc.

Seems like They have some freedom to get out  but I’m sure they must have a curfew. 

Yes they do go out while on the road. Players posted pics out to dinner in Miami as well as KC and Nashville. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cool article from The Athletic today about the Bills in primetime:

https://theathletic.com/2895011/2021/10/18/bills-suddenly-a-hot-prime-time-attraction-after-years-as-an-afterthought-theyre-going-to-ring-it-up/

"The Bills made 'Monday Night Football' only three times from 2001 through 2013. They had stretches of six years and four years without an appearance.

They went 1-7 on Monday nights from 2000 through 2018, their lone win technically not a “Monday Night Football” broadcast. They beat the New York Jets in Detroit because Orchard Park was snowed under. CBS Sports showed that game.

The Bills were even less popular with “Sunday Night Football.” After a six-game losing streak in which they were outscored 196-44, NBC Sports declined to air the Bills for 11 seasons, their absence finally ending in 2019.

Buffalo has won three straight on Sunday night and two in a row on Monday night."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.