Week 6: Bills at Titans on MNF

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Tannehill can run and is more athletic than any of the above. Cousins is much more instinctual as a passer, especially in the down field game. Cousins has performed wo a running game or specifically Cook in the past. 

Ryan did not need Henry last time we played. We contained Henry last time around but Tanny killed us dinking and dunking and w his legs. 

Cousins made the playoffs 1 time in Washington and got a fat contract. He’s a middle of the road QB that can’t elevate a team and relies on help from the players around him. Mayfield is the same player. Tannehill is the same player.

You can put lipstick on a pig like Arthur Smith did with Tannehill… but if Tannehill were a legit QB he would’ve been able to show a lot more on his own despite Gase in Miami. You’re going to see the same thing with Darnold in Carolina. They’ll look better because they have competent coaching and get to develop a bit… but they are who they are… guys with average-ish traits that play up in a system designed to help them maximize those average-ish traits. 

I don’t care what Tannehill did against us in 1 particular (weird) scenario… sure it happened… that’s not the player he’s been his entire career. He’s protected by Henry. 

Look how they handle the guy in the playoffs… they don’t trust him to throw the football. In 4 playoff games he has averaged 21 passing attempts… like my original statement… Tannehill, Mayfield and Cousins are the same… they can’t win you a game regularly… they hide behind their RB. The Titans have demonstrated that’s true in the most important games they’ve played since he has been there. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Cousins made the playoffs 1 time in Washington and got a fat contract. He’s a middle of the road QB that can’t elevate a team and relies on help from the players around him. Mayfield is the same player. Tannehill is the same player.

You can put lipstick on a pig like Arthur Smith did with Tannehill… but if Tannehill were a legit QB he would’ve been able to show a lot more on his own despite Gase in Miami. You’re going to see the same thing with Darnold in Carolina. They’ll look better because they have competent coaching and get to develop a bit… but they are who they are… guys with average-ish traits that play up in a system designed to help them maximize those average-ish traits. 

I don’t care what Tannehill did against us in 1 particular (weird) scenario… sure it happened… that’s not the player he’s been his entire career. He’s protected by Henry. 

Look how they handle the guy in the playoffs… they don’t trust him to throw the football. In 4 playoff games he has averaged 21 passing attempts… like my original statement… Tannehill, Mayfield and Cousins are the same… they can’t win you a game regularly… they hide behind their RB. The Titans have demonstrated that’s true in the most important games they’ve played since he has been there. 

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah have a saying that rings true to me.  Is your Qb a truck or a trailer.  No matter whats behind him within reason the qb put them on their back.  Some Qbs with the right team can win.  Overall the team carries the qb.  Both style have won superbowls.  

• Like (+1) 1

Great breakdowns by Orlovsky and Spears here...... and then Keyshawn. What a d-bag. The segment is literally supposed to be a discussion about buffalo and he doesnt mention them one time. just that the ravens and chiefs are gonna catch them eventually. Same guy that called Josh allen the flavor of the month at the end of last season and then last week literally laughed on camera at the notion the Bills could beat the chiefs as he predicted they hang 40 on the Bills and hold them to 17. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, eball said:

10 of the past 11 regular season weeks those sentiments have been SPOT ON.

not only that but why would it bother him? i mean, the players arent coming on here, seeing predictions and then expecting to boat race them.

I dont get why people are so uncomfortable about being confident in this team the last 2 season. THEY'RE FRIGGIN GOOD!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

As expected, they are getting healthy. This will be a good test for the Bills against a physical football team. Most physical team we’ve faced since week one. 

Bills defense is very physical. I expect them to force Tannehill to throw the ball, like last year, except this year we have the defensive line to keep him in check when he tries to run. 

Just now, Motor26 said:

Bills defense is very physical. I expect them to force Tannehill to throw the ball, like last year, except this year we have the defensive line to keep him in check when he tries to run. 

Yep, I don’t disagree. Personnel is much different than what we rolled out last year. I’m just interested to see how Bills respond to another physical team. Different from all our other matchups this year save week 1. Plan to spread the Steelers out in week 1 to take advantage of our receivers vs. their corner depth seemed like a good idea at the time, but was a dud on the execution front. I don’t think the Bills lose this game, but I do think they’ll be tested. 

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

not only that but why would it bother him? i mean, the players arent coming on here, seeing predictions and then expecting to boat race them.

I dont get why people are so uncomfortable about being confident in this team the last 2 season. THEY'RE FRIGGIN GOOD!

BBFS. Everyone under 40 is burdened with it. It’s ridiculous, though I empathize that more than half their lives we’ve sucked.

• Haha (+1) 1

Titans oline is garbage, we will get pressure with 4 on obvious passing downs. Keep them to 3rd and longs and I like our chances.

Also their defense stats are probably better than their actual ability. They have 2 games against prob the worst offenses on jags and jets

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

As expected, they are getting healthy. This will be a good test for the Bills against a physical football team. Most physical team we’ve faced since week one. 

agreed, though the odds of those three very injury prone players making it through the entire game are pretty much zero percent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Great breakdowns by Orlovsky and Spears here...... and then Keyshawn. What a d-bag. The segment is literally supposed to be a discussion about buffalo and he doesnt mention them one time. just that the ravens and chiefs are gonna catch them eventually. Same guy that called Josh allen the flavor of the month at the end of last season and then last week literally laughed on camera at the notion the Bills could beat the chiefs as he predicted they hang 40 on the Bills and hold them to 17. 

I've watched enough videos to know "it's not the Bills ascending, but the Chiefs descending" in the eyes of the heads. 

Some give them their due but a 10 minute segment will run and it will be two minutes of highlights,  2 minutes of "wow look at buffalo", followed by 6 minutes of"what happened to the chiefs?"

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.