10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

12-5 then.  I'm not betting against Mahomes and Reid to quickly turn this thing around.

There are a lot of good AFC teams this year.  KC is not going to win that division with the way the Chargers are playing.  Chargers already have a 2.5 game lead on KC. At best KC is a wildcard team and has a long road ahead of them playing teams that have a defense that have already stopped them this season.  Meanwhile KC has a defense that is one of if not the worst in the league.

KC at best is a pretender this year.  The league has finally figured out that KC has 3 players.  Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill.  Outside of those 3 they are average to garbage.  Maybe someone on o line doesn't fit that category.  Maybe a guy or two on defense doesn't fit that category.  They aren't the dynasty some people and the media tried to portray them as. The Pats, for all the talk about Tom Brady, also have a very very good defense during their dynasty.

Edited by Scott7975

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Big win, a great performance all around.  I fully expect the Chiefs to get better and win the AFC West.  They are missing some key pieces on defense and aren't in sync right now.  If we see them again this year, they will be tougher.

Not so sure. Chargers are looking WAY better this year. If they can refine their defense a little more, then I think they take the West. Raiders are regressing and Broncos are mediocre. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

already acknowledged holding calls were missed - not sure what you're getting at.

To me, the point of the response is that you can't call out one questionable call and make any point of it, really.  In this context, both of these calls were on the same drive. One negated a first, the other gave us a first.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why?  the NFL has an officials Problem.  Can I not be happy about beating the chiefs soundly, but also talk about the Bad officiating in the NFL?

and there is no one to answer for bad and questionable calls anymore. It just gets ignored

Zack Moss gives me Chris Carson vibes..  He's RB1, and that's with Singletary looking solid.  I have to believe that's settled, even if we won't put labels on it.

Elite Pass Pro

Very solid as a receiver

Strong, rugged runner with some athleticism

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

and there is no one to answer for bad and questionable calls anymore. It just gets ignored

Agree this team expects to win.  Unlike Bills teams of the past when bad calls would come on them it would seem to start an avalanche.  Not this team, they just keep rolling.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Zack Moss gives me Chris Carson vibes..  He's RB1, and that's with Singletary looking solid.  I have to believe that's settled, even if we won't put labels on it.

Elite Pass Pro

Very solid as a receiver

Agree these two backs are good.  I personally like Moss a little more as I think he is a little more complete than Singletary.  But I do like them both. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

let's be honest - that roughing the passer call on Frank Clark was straight garbage. If that was called on the Bills we'd be howling.

Yes the refs missed a few holding calls on KC but we all know NFL officiating is massively inconsistent. 

Lets be honest - this is the rule that Clark broke and he clearly broke this rule...

A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I've been wanting to say Josh Allen is better than Patrick Mahomes for a minute, but it was mainly based on potential.   

I think I'm ready to say it.  

Josh Allen is better than Patrick Mahomes.  

With Dawson Knox becoming a Travis Kelce clone, you're seeing how unreal Allen can be when he's not carrying a team with only his WR's.

Not sure Miss Piggy would agree with you, but I think the emergence of Knox does give a better picture of who they are on a level playing field. I'll take Josh.

37 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Big win, a great performance all around.  I fully expect the Chiefs to get better and win the AFC West.  They are missing some key pieces on defense and aren't in sync right now.  If we see them again this year, they will be tougher.

I think the Chargers are a formidable obstacle to that prediction.

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

let's be honest - that roughing the passer call on Frank Clark was straight garbage. If that was called on the Bills we'd be howling.

That was an obvious make up call, and at least it broke a rule. Show me the hold on Morse the play prior, which was called at an egregious time to boot.

That was the worst officiated game I can recall. Shambolic. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

by all means, please explain it.... 

no point in trying to argue subjective points of view

then don’t try to make the argument that one marginal call is egregious and bad and the other marginal call is valid and good. That’s textbook subjective. If both calls are made or neither call made, the what’s the problem?

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Elite Pass Pro

Very solid as a receiver

vision too.   he's better now than he was in college at that.

• Like (+1) 2

I have First Take on in the background and Stephen A. Smith and Michael Irvin are arguing who is the best QB in the league. 

Stephen A. is at least being reasonable and saying in 2021 he thinks Allen, Herbert, and Rogers are all better than Mahomes right now. Irvin keeps rambling about Mahomes and Herbert. 

I don't know what my point is, but Michael Irvan is the worst. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.