What the Hell is going on out here?

Chandler#81

20 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

so, you're upset because new forums users are posting extremely appropriate questions in the week leading up to a big game?

did you ever consider that being a mod on a Buffalo Bills fan site might not be for you?

Or maybe you'd prefer a twitter style helldump of reaction gifs instead of content?

Topics I mentioned are lame in any format as -at best- they’re directed at the teams powers that be where we’ll never know, ergo no right answer. Being a Mod is fine, being a nursery school moderator isn’t and requires financial compensation. 
Now take you seat, Jimmy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

On the eve of our biggest game since Frank Reich was QB vs Miami in late ‘90,

Heres a smattering of the intuitive, thought-provoking topics on the main page;

So what is the Defensive Gameplan?

Who is going to be the Unsung stud?

Besides JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact

Why is the run game so important?

So what is the Special Teams Gameplan? 
My top 5 keys to winning on SNF

So what is the offensive game plan?

1, 5 & 7 are from 3 Different posters! 🤦‍♂️

I’d venture to say we have more people visiting here than at any time previously. The entire football world is interested in this game, featuring 2 of the finest organizations and great young QBs currently playing -and we’re offering up this smorgasbord of childish lunacy. WhereTF is OUR A-Game? Have we been overrun by the cretins who call into WGR after the games? Hell, I’d rather read a rabble-rousing @Gugny trip-thread than this rubbish.

So disappointing.

Come on, folks! Step up our Game! This isn’t the kiddie table!🤬

Thank you, my same reaction upon seeing those thread titles. I wondered if 13 year olds were taking over the site. It was a literal reminder of the giddy mindset I had way back at that age.  😲

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

As someone who signed up in like 2003 and rarely posted until the end of last year, there is a definite learning curve in regards to posting here. Make one comment that isn't factually correct, and the long timers and those in the know (which is vast) will "aggressively correct" you. It takes a bit of time to really know how the flow of this board goes. 

And to any new posters who post here, you are not going to beat @YoloinOhio for Bills and NFL breaking stories. He already knows how many yards Allen is going to pass for in the SuperBowl, and is withholding the info, kinda like the President's knowledge of UFO's, just so he can break the news. Don't bother trying. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Topics I mentioned are lame in any format as -at best- they’re directed at the teams powers that be where we’ll never know, ergo no right answer. Being a Mod is fine, being a nursery school moderator isn’t and requires financial compensation. 
Now take you seat, Jimmy.

Are you doing shtick here?  That typically comes with humor, if you want it to succeed

There's nothing wrong with those threads.  If you don't want to read threads started by people excited about Sunday's game, there are a number of other similar websites/forums dedicated to a whole range of topics, one of which might better suit your temperament

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Are you doing shtick here?  That typically comes with humor, if you want it to succeed

There's nothing wrong with those threads.  If you don't want to read threads started by people excited about Sunday's game, there are a number of other similar websites/forums dedicated to a whole range of topics, one of which might better suit your temperament

Go stand in the hall.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Are we really gate-keeping thread posts now? lol

I feel like we should be happy how much interest there is, even if the topics aren't the most elite subjects for only the highest of intellectuals 😂

If anything, it sure beats offseason posts where everyone is bored out of their minds, and every free agent/trade option is a potential Bills signing (is Ertz signed yet)?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, jabu said:

Thank you, my same reaction upon seeing those thread titles. I wondered if 13 year olds were taking over the site. It was a literal reminder of the giddy mindset I had way back at that age.  😲

Overly enthusiastic hosts for WGR's 'The Nightcap' trying to get show topics.

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

...and every free agent/trade option is a potential Bills signing (is Ertz signed yet)?

Got him!

image.thumb.jpeg.16e1cb25181d0c96141020805cbe6bce.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll go on the record and say I want zero drama with moderators. If I ever type anything even slightly snarky or wrong please take it that my heart was not about raising rabble.

I guess Im considering myself newbie since only recently posted here more regularly.

Peace Out everybody GO BILLS!~! signed fangirl muppy

But but but, what about, me, wanting to express my thoughts and needs in my own personalized thread? Well…? I’m waiting…, 

Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

On the eve of our biggest game since Frank Reich was QB vs Miami in late ‘90,

Heres a smattering of the intuitive, thought-provoking topics on the main page;

So what is the Defensive Gameplan?

Who is going to be the Unsung stud?

Besides JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact

Why is the run game so important?

So what is the Special Teams Gameplan? 
My top 5 keys to winning on SNF

So what is the offensive game plan?

1, 5 & 7 are from 3 Different posters! 🤦‍♂️

I’d venture to say we have more people visiting here than at any time previously. The entire football world is interested in this game, featuring 2 of the finest organizations and great young QBs currently playing -and we’re offering up this smorgasbord of childish lunacy. WhereTF is OUR A-Game? Have we been overrun by the cretins who call into WGR after the games? Hell, I’d rather read a rabble-rousing @Gugny trip-thread than this rubbish.

So disappointing.

Come on, folks! Step up our Game! This isn’t the kiddie table!🤬

DAF6524E-7189-4FF4-88F0-0EC76265D367.jpeg

EF4B93B6-F2E9-4E97-A3A1-6D1DD18C7FDB.jpeg

As I slowly delete my thread topic “what’s the gameplan to stop CEH….”

shame embarassed GIF

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

But but but, what about, me, wanting to express my thoughts and needs in my own personalized thread? Well…? I’m waiting…, 

Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

Go Bills!!!

Yeah God forbid we discuss football here.  I guess we should just have 1 megathread henceforth, it'll be great, like a usenet news group

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2