SNF: Bucs at Pats* 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He needs to throw the ball 20 yards

Yea because that was the reason they lost tonight, or against the fins...i forgot fans want 
fantasy numbers"

A. Rodgers can throw over 50 yards on his knees..but somehow only has 1 SB ring. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea because that was the reason they lost tonight, or against the fins...i forgot fans want 
fantasy numbers"

A. Rodgers can throw over 50 yards on his knees..but somehow only has 1 SB ring. 

I don't know this guy named Tom Brady can throw it 20+ think he might of won some championships too if you haven't heard of him.

Saw nothing tonight that changed my opinion of Jones he’s a game manager type that reminds me of a Jake Delhomme he doesn’t seem built for shootouts but he’ll take a sack and hit the open guy…

Hes not Josh and he sure isn’t Brady but as long as the Patriots play solid D he won’t do much to hurt them.

They’ll push for a wildcard spot in a year or two but we are the kings of the division as long as 17 is under center here 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know this guy named Tom Brady can throw it 20+ think he might of won some championships too if you haven't heard of him.

ahhh did you even know, for Brady's whole career in NE he was talked about as a dink and dunk QB?? He won a SB (01) as a "game manager" 

go ahead...say "yea but....."

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Mac Jones 101.6 rtg 2 tds 77.5%

Brady 70.8 rtg zero tds, putrid 51%

but please educate me

Ok I'll try and explain the game that was just played. The Pats can't stop the run the Bucs were getting 5.5 a carry.  That would explain why Brady had less yards. On the other side of the Ball the Pats couldn't run on the Bucs -1 yard for the game. So they had to throw it every down. Giving Mac more yards. Make sense?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

ahhh did you even know, for Brady's whole career in NE he was talked about as a dink and dunk QB?? He won a SB (01) as a "game manager" 

go ahead...say "yea but....."

Sure but he could also go deep when he needed to. You don't get a reputation for being great at late game heroics  by just dumping it off.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sure but he could also go deep when he needed to. You don't get a reputation for being great at late game heroics  by just dumping it off.

ha ha i am pretty sure if i had to rewind to like a few years ago...This was not said on here much about Tom Brady. Just about every fan could not help but talk about how all Brady does is dink and dunk..

and it's week 4...not year 4. 

28 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

ha ha i am pretty sure if i had to rewind to like a few years ago...This was not said on here much about Tom Brady. Just about every fan could not help but talk about how all Brady does is dink and dunk..

and it's week 4...not year 4. 

Nah. You definitely would have seen it up to 2007.   Not really beyond that.

But what's the logic?  That because it happened w/ Brady, it will happen to Mac? The natural progression is dink & dunk, to throwing longer passes, to being the greatest of all time?

Monday morning reflections:

- Fans of short passing this was the game for you. New England are dink and dunk but I also feel like so far this season Tampa are totally under utilising Chris Godwin and especially Mike Evans. If the Buccs are going to repeat they need to get their two elite wide receivers into the game on a much more regular basis;

- It was ironic that the Patriots lost the game on a Special Teams play because I thought that was the one clear advantage they had in the rest of the game but Nick Folk's leg is dead at this point;

- Mac Jones had a decent game considering that the Pats have zero running game; 

- I think Marcus Cannon and Joe Thuney are bigger misses on the offensive line than people have credited. Justin Herron struggled all night at right tackle and Michael Onwenu was so bad it looked like they benched him for Ted Karras (I only watched the condensed version so apologies if I missed him getting hurt);

- And that helped it be a bit of a "get right" game for the Tampa defense and Joe Tryon and William Gholston in particular had themselves nice days. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just watched the game. I had to record it because it took 3 XXX hours to get from Highmark back to Rochester. Traffic was an absolute joke for some reason.

Anywho.....does anyone know if Cris Collingsworth is on the Pats payroll??? All he did was XXXXXXXX Mac Jones because of his completion %. Never said anything about all his passes being 5 yards. Just when I thought he would be XXXXXXX Brady all night, he flipped the script and is now a huge Jones fan. It was terrible. 

Can't wait to hear this jag off during the Bills game next week. I don't think I've heard them even mention next weeks matchup. X-XXXX!!! Yes, I have been drinking, lol.

[Moderator Edited in an attempt to keep this xxxxxxx from suspension]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I just watched the game. I had to record it because it took 3 f'n hours to get from Highmark back to Rochester. Traffic was an absolute joke for some reason.

Anywho.....does anyone know if Cris Collingsworth is on the Pats payroll??? All he did was ballwash Mac Jones because of his completion %. Never said anything about all his passes being 5 yards. Just when I thought he would be blowing Brady all night, he flipped the script and is now a huge Jones fan. It was terrible. 

Can't wait to hear this jag off during the Bills game next week. I don't think I've heard them even mention next weeks matchup. D-bags!!! Yes, I have been drinking, lol.

If you took the NYS Thruway back to Rochester, that explains it. Traffic has been a joke, even on non game days for a while. It’s so congested I don’t even bother with it sometimes. No interest in paying tolls to drive 50 mph the entire distance. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Success said:

Nah. You definitely would have seen it up to 2007.   Not really beyond that.

But what's the logic?  That because it happened w/ Brady, it will happen to Mac? The natural progression is dink & dunk, to throwing longer passes, to being the greatest of all time?

As long as he faces a secondary filled with guys not on the roster 2 weeks ago, he will pile up the moral victories. Tampa’s only good corner got hurt in the 1st half and he still only threw the ball over 15 yards once and that was a pick. 

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

So basically Fitz when we we had him

Trent Edwards

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Saw nothing tonight that changed my opinion of Jones he’s a game manager type that reminds me of a Jake Delhomme he doesn’t seem built for shootouts but he’ll take a sack and hit the open guy…

Hes not Josh and he sure isn’t Brady but as long as the Patriots play solid D he won’t do much to hurt them.

They’ll push for a wildcard spot in a year or two but we are the kings of the division as long as 17 is under center here 

Wait so a QB who had ZERO run game. (I mean -1 yards yikes!) blitzed on roughly 50% of his drop backs and hit at least 15 times but still completes over 70% of his passes is just a game manager? Mind you they win tonight if BB had the courage to go for it on 4th in 1 inside the TB 45.  

Mac wasn’t the reason for the loss, the lack of an offensive line (Again) and a running game ( again) was.  You see he can’t hit those 20+ yard passes because he doesn’t have the time wait for them to open up.  

weird how people like you said the same thing about Brady, curious were you calling Allen a bust to his rookie year? 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As long as he faces a secondary filled with guys not on the roster 2 weeks ago, he will pile up the moral victories. Tampa’s only good corner got hurt in the 1st half and he still only threw the ball over 15 yards once and that was a pick. 

Trent Edwards

Yikes.. and that one time he was hit as he threw making the ball come up a bit short. That’s the point he doesn’t have time with this O line to wait for them get open and tonight the run game was less than none existent.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.