The state contracts two firms for New Bills Stadium

Two contracts are "in the works".   A consulting firm and and effectively a law firm probably on retainer.  That is a long long way from real contracts about actually building a stadium.  Actually sign a contract to start moving earth and cutting steel before I get excited.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"Talks are underway".   A consulting firm and and effectively a law firm probably on retainer.  That is a long lonmg way from real contracts about actually building a stadium.

Well it’s more like they’re taking steps forward on this. And Hochoul said the study’s will be released

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Two contracts are "in the works".   A consulting firm and and effectively a law firm probably on retainer.  That is a long long way from real contracts about actually building a stadium.  Actually sign a contract to start moving earth and cutting steel before I get excited.

No, it's going to be built of plastic so it can easily be moved away. 🤣

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't be shocked if a shared Bills/UB stadium in Amherst re-emerges as an option. UB's stadium is obsolete. NYS could take care of both. Also don't be shocked if they propose a dome.

Wouldn’t surprise me, but what the stadium game represents should not surprise anyone in what is chosen in the end. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't be shocked if a shared Bills/UB stadium in Amherst re-emerges as an option. UB's stadium is obsolete. NYS could take care of both. Also don't be shocked if they propose a dome.

This is what I've been expecting and was surprised by your thread that said UB wasnt interested, but I also figured that might simply be an early negotiation position.

Build the downtown dome. Move UB in on Saturdays. Get the MAC championship. Get a Bowl game. Get the State High School Championship. Get the X-Games. Get the Final Four.

Lots of opportunities if done right.

Or build an open air stadium in OP, and have it used 10 times a year...

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

as an Amherst resident, I would fully support this :D

They don't play at Rotary Field anymore?!  🤔  I used to get nosebleeds climbing to the top of those bleachers!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Rather pay for paint than giving more money to laywers.  I have been screwed enough time by them.

One contract, valued at about $500,000 will provide legal services for the state related to negotiations for the stadium. The second contract is about $150,000 and includes a real estate and infrastructure consulting firm.

and I am surprised @PromoTheRobotdid not get a contract for social media.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Fair amount of vacant land on the East side of 263, but is it enough to cover parking etc.  UB Stadium site might become parking, since UB has a second stadium for sports other than football.

The vacant land AND the Audubon Golf Course would give enough land for sure.