OT: Are you concerned about Mac Jones?

Success

Living in Mass all I hear is Pats talk.  They are definitely gushing on Mac but careful not to call him the next Tahwmmy. 

accurate yes, composed yes, great running game yes, short passing routes yes.   All the standard hoodie game plan and I would think after a zillion years we know how to counter it.  

if we force him to have to play the long ball we will force his mistakes. Get him out of Rythm and see how much he loses his composure and accuracy. We will need this info for the next meeting with them a few weeks later when it may mean even more to us 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, BillsFan4 said:

He’s played well but as you said he hasn’t really been asked to do a lot. Tons of short screen passes and easy completions. Credit to the Pats for putting him in a good position but I’m not scared of anything he’s done yet.

Lets see how he does when the Pats are down big and need to open up the offense more.

It'll be years before we know what Mac Jones is anyway so it’s not worth worrying about yet. And I still have faith that Allen stays the better QB between the two. Jones doesn’t have the freak arm + athletic traits Allen does. 

Bill Belichick is a master at putting quarterbacks in the best position to succeed.   This reminds me of how he used Brady early in his career.  

I am more worried about Belichick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Respectfully I kind of hate these threads. The Bills have a Super Bowl caliber team with a QB who is an MVP candidate on a yearly basis. If they fail to have success in the playoffs or falter earlier I am looking far more at my team then the one that beat them because they should be able to beat any team in the AFC. Mac Jones is good, he has done well as a rookie and fits what NE wants to do. If you lose to the Pats where it ends the season my issue is what the heck our guys our doing not how good NE is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

O worry about the Pats with who ever Belichek & company have on the field he has owned the Bills except for last year for the past 20+ yrs so he should never be taken lightly & this QB is well he doesn't look at all like a rookie !

To do what they did last week to a Browns team that has a lot of really good players both on the defense & Offense should say to the Bills they need to put in extra practice time if they are going to win this one because if they continue on the up swing like they are OMG this will be a game .

33 minutes ago, T master said:

O worry about the Pats with who ever Belichek & company have on the field he has owned the Bills except for last year for the past 20+ yrs so he should never be taken lightly & this QB is well he doesn't look at all like a rookie !

To do what they did last week to a Browns team that has a lot of really good players both on the defense & Offense should say to the Bills they need to put in extra practice time if they are going to win this one because if they continue on the up swing like they are OMG this will be a game .

Brady owned the Bills, Belichick is 0-2 without Brady right now.

• Shocked 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Brady owned the Bills, Belichick is 0-2 without Brady right now.

Very true but look at what he lost last year including Brady as far as his defensive unit goes those players & more are back & i believe last may have been a bit different if this that opted out would have been on the field because even though those players weren't there the Bills squeaked by in 1 of those games .

I'm just saying Bill should in no way ever be over looked & if the Bills go into those games like they did in the Jacksonville game the result will be the same & Belichek could be 2 & 2 after Brady .

We will all know the out come in a very short time & i for 1 will be on the Bills side routing for them to win GO BILLS !! 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Just wait till Mac Jones plays a real defense. He will come right back down to Earth. So funny to watch people get nervous over average.

He's already played 3 top 10 NFL defenses this year. Including top pass rushers Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett

Edited by Ghost_002!

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

He's already played 3 top 10 NFL defenses this year. Including top pass rushers Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett

Yea and looked very average in each of them. Browns we're not on top of their game last week. 

I understand you are scared b.c you have been programmed to be scared of the Patriots. No different then everyone being scared of the Dolphins every year. 

Edited by TBBills

Mac is good. I predict he will trend downward this year, but long term he will be an excellent QB.

Schedule gets rough, weather will get cold.

Mac Jones has very little cold weather experience, and has never played anything like a 17 game schedule.  He's going to have some melt down moments even though the offense does not put a ton on him.

Only a dozen rookie QBs in NFL history have put their team in the playoffs. I think NE will pull this off, but it won't be pretty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea and looked very average in each of them. Browns we're not on top of their game last week. 

I understand you are scared b.c you have been programmed to be scared of the Patriots. No different then everyone being scared of the Dolphins every year. 

He is not being asked to do too much, that approach has pretty much been recognized. And Brown's "not being on top of their game.." doesn't discredit his experience against them....he been facing heavy pass rushes. 

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Good thing is Mac Jones is pulling a Fitzpatrick where he is making gullible people think he is good. When that is probably the best he will be ever.

yea he sure has Tyrann Mathieu fooled (sarcasm)

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Good thing is Mac Jones is pulling a Fitzpatrick where he is making gullible people think he is good. When that is probably the best he will be ever.

I tip my hat that you may be right. We all saw Trent Edwards. Many thought he was a borderline MVP candidate 5 games into his 2nd year. 

• Agree 1

Jones does not concern me. He is performing well as an efficient game manager, but that is it.

Their coaching, run game, and defense however, do concern me. Judon is performing better than even expected, and they got some players back from COVID opt-out last year. Going to be a tough day for both of our Lines.

Thankfully, the Dolphins somehow pulled one off on Opening Day and handed them an additional Division loss. I'm hoping that we can at least split with the Pats, and keep a leg up on division record.

Definitely cheering for Tennessee next week as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.