Does McD have the guts to make the call Harbaugh made?

DrDawkinstein

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I believe that McD would make that call.

I also believe that most of you would crucify him if the offense failed to convert.  

The best calls are always the ones that work and hindsight is always 20-20.  

I actually don't think so.  I think most of us would know that the risk of leaving it up to your defense is greater than giving the ball to Allen with 1 yard to gain.  If they din;t make it they would blame the O-line not the call

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the Raven’s game last night.  KC’s D was exhausted.  The whole stadium knew they couldn’t afford to give Mahomes another chance.  Not a doubt in anyone’s mind that they weren’t going to get that yard.  All of Baltimore wanted that yard to finally beat the Chiefs.  The concourses on the way out were pandemonium.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AmishRifle said:

I was at the Raven’s game last night.  KC’s D was exhausted.  The whole stadium knew they couldn’t afford to give Mahomes another chance.  Not a doubt in anyone’s mind that they weren’t going to get that yard.  All of Baltimore wanted that yard to finally beat the Chiefs.  The concourses on the way out were pandemonium.

Must've been a super fun game to be at! Neither defense was stopping the opponent last night. It was the obvious call.

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

@DrDawkinstein you're like 2 years late on this post.

he was super aggressive last year and still aggressive this year..

They used Josh against Miami to get the first down. Exactly what you want them to do.

The play against the Steelers sucked,  but they learned from it and moved on, so what's your problem?

Big tough guy on his keyboard calling the coach a wuss... 🙄

Yes and no... he has Josh Allen and you saw what he did against the Cowboys that one time. He got the first down despite his OL collapsing.

It really depends on the situation and who they're playing against, but I don't think McD has any problem going for it.

Yeah, yeah, I agree with all this.  But the difference between the Bills and the Ravens is that the Ravens have a line that is going to get you the yard - they will push the line of scrimmage, or they'll crack seams, and Lamar just has to be a running back who picks the spot and takes the yard.   Allen, as often as not, has to supply the push, which means that the guy at the point of attach may stop him.  

I agree that Allen is a good bet on the sneak.   He runs them very well.  I just think it would have been a higher risk call with Allen behind Morse and the Bills' guards than it was for with Jackson behind that line. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

@DrDawkinstein you're like 2 years late on this post.

he was super aggressive last year and still aggressive this year..

They used Josh against Miami to get the first down. Exactly what you want them to do.

The play against the Steelers sucked,  but they learned from it and moved on, so what's your problem?

Big tough guy on his keyboard calling the coach a wuss... 🙄

I'll wrassle him!

3 hours ago, Logic said:

r7uyaokr7mjsd3caw2hw.jpg

This is since 2018, and has McDermott in 13th place in the "going for it when they should on 4th down" metric.

Looking at just 2020, I believe McDermott was top three, although I can't seem to find a graphic to prove it.

Make one up

9 hours ago, nucci said:

4th and 1 or 2 should be a go more than 90% of the time

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

That is what the stats are telling coaches now, this will be the new norm sooner or later.

Not deep in your own end.

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

No. McD has proven over and over how conservative he is. 

When we play the chiefs, his defensive game plan is prevent the entire game. 

He’s a take what they give us coach. Not a game leader. 

It has been proven over and over again that this isn't true. You are just making up crap. Go look at the stats and they will show you that McDermott does go for it on 4th down when he should.

Im not sure if McD makes that call or not.  At that spot on the field I feel like he would punt and trust his defense. 

I think Harbaugh made a ballsy call but I also think it was the right call.  Even if they didn't make it and lost the game I would still think its the right call.  I do wonder how many people saying it was the right call would still be saying that if they didn't get the yard though.

I think McD would’ve gone for it, but I bet he would choose the call and it would be an Allen lunge with Gilliam him from behind.

from that presser after the Steelers game, McD Isn’t letting Daboll do as much of the cute stuff anymore. I also noticed some nice runs in Miami and thought McD asserted his authority over Daboll.  Daboll is a heck of a OC, but sometimes he gets too cute.

Edited by machine gun kelly