Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yeah I agree with other posters here, the WRs are fine. I'm not going to start comparing WR2s and WR3s across the league. 

Our problem still lies in the trenches. I appreciate Beane grabbing two in the draft; hope they pan out, because Feliciano is whatever and Ford has disappointed. 

Ford didn't have any holding penalties tho.  The rest all did.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Slants are manbeaters and teams do not play man against us except for the dolphins who we have roasted every time haha chiefs did too but they played suspiciously good man coverage 🤣

The offensive game plan was very suspect. No screen passes, no slants, no designated Allen roll outs, no RPOs, too much no RB formations, horrific 4th down judgements and calls, ineffective Allen runs between the tackles, etc...Its only one game but i never thought the Bills offense would lay an egg on opening day on their home field. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Partly true. However, it's really more than one game. The offensive shortcomings go back to the playoff games too. I think this team will beat bad to mediocre teams but struggle to win against quality opponents. That's assuming the Bills offense continues to run a similar offense. It's too predictable. 

Ya you have good points. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Slants are manbeaters and teams do not play man against us except for the dolphins who we have roasted every time haha chiefs did too but they played suspiciously good man coverage 🤣

For some it doesn’t matter. Rodgers throws them every game. But generally I agree, it’s best for man coverage. Allen needs to study Brady then, because Brady destroys zone coverages. For some QBs it doesn’t matter, Ben was throwing over the middle all game today. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Singletary averaged 7.7 yards per carry.  Running, or screens, also take some heat off the pass rush, giving Allen more time.  Our OL is also better at run blocking, and not having them pass block all game is helpful.  

he did seem to be uncharacteristically staring down certain routes.  I wasn't aware we had that many guys open.  That's maddening, and something you'd think Daboll would point out in-game? 

Well, you would think Sanders would have told him in the huddle "yo, look for me" or something. One play when Allen dropped back he had time, looked down field and my friend said "he's got him again" referring to Sanders right down the middle of the field but Allen only looked left for about 2 seconds, rolled to his right and then got sacked. Sanders was visibly frustrated once the play was over. And that was the about the 3rd time he was wide open

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Daboll gets into his own way at times. Still like him but has to stop being so cute at times. Take the right play call like qb sneak and win those type call when makes sense.

Thats a third and short call not 4th down

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Singletary averaged 7.7 yards per carry.  Running, or screens, also take some heat off the pass rush, giving Allen more time.  Our OL is also better at run blocking, and not having them pass block all game is helpful.  

Agreed. I think there is a real

benefit to committing to the run against a team Like the Steelers. Even getting 2 or 3 yards has other benefits.  Just the threat of a run game, opens up more options in the passing game, slows their pass rush, forces them to change their coverages. Instead, they rushed hard their front 4 and dropped the rest into a comfortable zone coverage like every play. 

being intentionally one-dimensional is a big mistake, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. I think there is a real

benefit to committing to the run against a team Like the Steelers. Even getting 2 or 3 yards has other benefits.  Just the threat of a run game, opens up more options in the passing game, slows their pass rush, forces them to change their coverages. Instead, they rushed hard their front 4 and dropped the rest into a comfortable zone coverage like every play. 

being intentionally one-dimensional is a big mistake, IMO. 

Yes it is for sure.  Need to be little bit more balanced. Many even great QBs will struggle like this when being one- dimensional. 

• Like (+1) 1

There was something really off today regarding Allen. It seemed the Steelers early pressure had him rattled which effected as the game went on.

It was like on some plays he looked ok but on others it looked like he wasn't confident and it affected his accuracy. 

It was almost like being on WiFi and every is loading fine but every min it was losing connection. He looked NOTHING like the QB we saw in 2020 except that TD pass to Gabriel Davis, and Josh Allen is my guy. 

There was a pass to Beasley where Josh should have wait for him to clear the zone to fit it in between defenders but Allen didnt wait for it develop and Beasley had to stop for the ball. Allen last year would have fired in between the zone defenders with no problem.

I think Josh will definitely play better next week vs the Dolphins because I'm not scared of the Dolphins Dline and their secondary are poor zone defenders and the Bills WRs are better than their corners

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Plenty of teams might have better 1/2/3 WRs than the Bills.  

What sets us apart is that our 1 is elite and our 2/3/4 are very good.  

Most of the good 1/2/3’s don’t have a 4 like Gabriel Davis. 

This is how the Bills are built, pretty much across the board.  One guy who's outstanding or even elite, and the rest that are all very good to excellent.  Teams can afford this under the cap.  When teams start getting two or more really topnotch guys at a position, they end up with holes in other places in the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This is how the Bills are built, pretty much across the board.  One guy who's outstanding or even elite, and the rest that are all very good to excellent.  Teams can afford this under the cap.  When teams start getting two or more really topnotch guys at a position, they end up with holes in other places in the roster.

Exactly and 4 wide and 5 wide sets created tons of mismatches today we just couldn't execute on the field.  You still have a threat to run with allen which is why you see the qb designed runs.  Just a bad game I don't think the team is broken.  If the pit dbs were stacked and the front 7 was shaky I think you would've seen more balance. Reminded me of the cowboys gameplan against the bucs but dak took more of the underneath stuff and didn't push as hard for the deep ball. They were a BS pushoff away from winning that game I dont think 20 more Elliot carries for 3 ypc or less wouldve helped their chances 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

We’ll see how the season plays out, but Hill, Kelce, Jones and Matthieu seem to give KC plenty of cover for any holes they have.  

It’s a philosophy choice, sure, but TJ Watt / Cam Heyward made game changing plays… our deeper DL, not so much.  Edmunds almost interception vs Watts strip sack. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well, you would think Sanders would have told him in the huddle "yo, look for me" or something. One play when Allen dropped back he had time, looked down field and my friend said "he's got him again" referring to Sanders right down the middle of the field but Allen only looked left for about 2 seconds, rolled to his right and then got sacked. Sanders was visibly frustrated once the play was over. And that was the about the 3rd time he was wide open

Wasn't just sanders open often. Allen seemed to throw to the only guy that was covered on many downs. On one side of the field a few times singletary and knox were constantly open but the ball would go to diggs or Beasley

One time diggs was being guarded one on one by a linebacker and he was never even looked at

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’ll see how the season plays out, but Hill, Kelce, Jones and Matthieu seem to give KC plenty of cover for any holes they have.  

It’s a philosophy choice, sure, but TJ Watt / Cam Heyward made game changing plays… our deeper DL, not so much.  Edmunds almost interception vs Watts strip sack. 

My only question is, is it the coaching or the talent that is the issue? We have Allen, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis  and a good D with not many holes. We underperform at times during big moments. This team needs to seriously sit down and ask some tough questions. If the coaches are unwilling to diagnose the issues, then I don’t want them around here for long. I don’t care how many playoffs they take us to, if they can’t win when it matters, I want other coaches who can get us there. If we fail to go deep in the playoffs this year and still don’t get in the super bowl, then McDermott either needs to add more talent, or start looking for other coordinators to get us the Lombardi, because 14 win seasons don’t mean jack if you can’t bring home the title. 

To me there is no difference between a 14 win team and a 2 win team, both failed at accomplishing the only thing that matters in football. Either get better or start looking for jobs. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

I feel like there's only about two teams that this applies to - having specifically an elite #1 and #2. Maybe the Seahawks and Cowboys? Can't count the Chiefs although Kelce and Hill are clearly the best offensive weapon combo in the league.

I think our WR depth is top 10 so generally disagree. The Steelers arguably have a bunch of 2's and 3's and they got the job done today. Alright maybe Claypool is edging into #1 territory, kid is kind of a freak.

13 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Wasn't just sanders open often. Allen seemed to throw to the only guy that was covered on many downs. On one side of the field a few times singletary and knox were constantly open but the ball would go to diggs or Beasley

One time diggs was being guarded one on one by a linebacker and he was never even looked at

Gotta think the late shifts the steelers were doing were messing with his presnap reads...which is the brilliant plan the steelers defenders were tweeting about leading up to this game lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

24 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

That's what I'm saying. He locked onto the shorter routes constantly. I was actually very surprised that Sanders who's 34 was actually getting open like he was. But it was odd that Allen did throw to double and triple coverage more often than the open man. The 4th and 9 play, he threw about a 25 yard pass down the field to Gabe Davis in triple coverage. My friend was like "he's been throwing short yardage this whole game and now he wants to go down field in triple coverage instead of just getting the first down?" It was very weird what he was doing today