Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

The Steelers were just putting so much pressure on Josh and there was some instances of bad playcalling. I am writing this off as simply playing against an elite defense. No panic setting in yet. It was a fairly close game against a good team early in the season. Frustrating since they could have put them away early but instead only went up 10-0. 

28 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

Truth is that Allen wasn't great today and I place some of that on the OL. Just like last year, Watt and Heyworth dominated our OL and made life difficult for Josh. He had to hurry a lot of throws. He missed a wide open Sanders for a TD. He overthrew Diggs multiple times. He just never got comfortable and in a rhythm. He hardly looked like a 250m man today.  Personally I think he was over-excited and reverted back to his 2018-19 form. I think the pressure of the big money and playing in front of fans, plus Pitts aggressive D and tight coverage made him look average at best.  There were no "wow" throws all game.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I don't think it's legit. He certainly was off today but Pittsburgh consistently dropped seven and brought pressure with four. 

Allen will be fine but he flat out sucked today.

I think he will as well. But you cannot tell me a game like this to start this season doesn’t help this question at all does it?  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yet WRs running open. Hmmmm

Ummm Nope. Try again. I really like Allen. But I am also honest in my evaluations of him. 

Then work for the Bills front office and tell them they made a mistake paying a guy who when he has a “bad game” was responsible for 325 total yards in a defensive battle against the leagues no 1 d 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

So the team that score 501 points last year is now broke for good?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I don't think it's legit. He certainly was off today but Pittsburgh consistently dropped seven and brought pressure with four. 

Allen will be fine but he flat out sucked today.

Your definition of "sucked" is a lot different then mine.  Allen was good but he has to be great for the Bills to win games like this one.  But he was far from sucking today.

And IMO the Bills will not a play a defense the rest of the season as good as Pittsburgh's.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

It's his fourth season and for the first three he had trended up. It's incredible we are still having these discussions. 

Again has their been any season in his football life at any level that was like last year?  Or are they more like 2019 and what we saw today. I am really sorry if you cannot look objectively at it and see why there is that question. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Then work for the Bills front office and tell them they made a mistake paying a guy who when he has a “bad game” was responsible for 325 total yards in a defensive battle against the leagues no 1 d 

Point to me and said we’re I said they shouldn’t have paid him. Or are you coming with some strawman again?

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The problem is today was a big boy game. Chiefs are a big boy game. Tampa Bay is a big boy game. If our WRs are fine, then Allen has to win these games with the talent around him. Allen missed a wide open Sanders today, which doesn’t help. I’m just trying to figure out where the problem is. I feel Allen should be performing better with the talent he does have in these tough match ups, which makes me think Daboll or our #2WR is the weakest link. 

Josh Allen is a 25 year old quarterback who came into the NFL 4 years ago very raw, he has improved every year he has played. Hopefully he continues to improve and he was off target today but had quite a bit of pressure on alot of his dropbacks. I just hope he keeps learning and improving, last year against the Steelers was also a big boy's game. If we didn't have a blocked punt returned for a TD do you still think you'd feel like you do right now?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Again has their been any season in his football life at any level that was like last year?  Or are they more like 2019 and what we saw today. I am really sorry if you cannot look objectively at it and see why there is that question. 

Point to me and said we’re I said they shouldn’t have paid him. Or are you coming with some strawman again?

You're only looking at it as if he hit his ceiling and could never improve, as he did in 2020. Still trying to confirm your priors. IDGAF about today. Let's let the other 16 games play out. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

You're only looking at it as if he hit his ceiling and could never improve, as he did in 2020. Still trying to confirm your priors. IDGAF about today. Let's let the other 16 games play out. 

No actually I am not. I am not the one asking the question. I fully expect regression from 2020. And a small regression is normal. But even a small regression and he is a top end QB. 

and as I have said many times. I think he will be fine. There is a book on him and not many teams can do to him that the Steelers just did (unless our OL is really absolute trash). 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Josh Allen is not the entire Bills franchise he didn’t have a punt blocked…he didn’t make the 4th and 1 call…he didn’t call a flea flicker on third and short…he didn’t cause Tre white to get a phantom Def holding call give it a rest have you seen Arron Rogers today?? 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

The real problem/ Elephant in the room, is that Dabol as good as he is, has no clear notion nor intuitive capacity of how to use his RBs in a complimentary fashion to his pass first offense.

Today’s game example is when Singletary had pick up back to back first downs of 12 & 15 yards iirc, and put us well into the red zone, Dabol then stops using the hot hand (Singletary) and calls a designed run play for Allen, and it doesn’t work, when the hot hand is our RB Singletary, who at this point is more than likely going to score a TD for us, we had the Steelers on their heals during this set of downs, and Dabs frankly blew it.

The failure in this series of plays was the point of no return for the Bills during this game. 

Go Bills!!!

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen is not the entire Bills franchise he didn’t have a punt blocked…he didn’t make the 4th and 1 call…he didn’t call a flea flicker on third and short…he didn’t cause the white to get a phantom Def did dad holding call give it a rest have you seen Arron Rogers today?? 

When you defense holds an Offense to 16. And you have a 250M Franchise QB. Should you NOT expect a win?  

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dude ….just say you think JA blows and stand by it all season

Interesting.  The "Colonel" Sanders apologists are out in force, saying that Josh air-mailed the pass.  What I saw was Foster redux, a receiver refusing to layout to make a catch.  I thought it was a gutless play by Sanders.  Then he drops the seam route, and has the late false start.  He did not impress me at all today.  He's #5 on my depth chart now, and I'm not so sure I don't put Kumerow ahead of him.  Sanders better show something next week, we need WAY better from him.

• Like (+1) 2