9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Cleveland looks sharp so far!

Hopefully Josh gets blasted in the media this week while Baker and others get praise. I think Josh plays better this way!

Watching Cleveland roll KC in a way we could only dream of. It’s early, but it’s been fun to watch. Too much finesse on the Bills today…

Edited by Meatloaf63

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree on the offensive strategy.  They seemed to know what we were calling.  They seemed to have 3 DBs near every pass.  Poor blocking, lack of execution all around.  

I think everyone knows what we’re doing now. It doesn’t even look like they practice the run game. It’s too easy for a defense drop everyone and get after Allen 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh and the deep ball had been a consistent struggle for him. He still can’t throw an accurate deep ball. It’s a concern at this point. 

deep ball is such a small part of the game if you want to be concerned about something the intermediate accuracy was bad today. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen sucked. He was elite last season. There is the difference between today’s game and last season. The team goes as Allen goes.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Shocker…. They did nothing to upgrade either.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He sucked. Plain and simple. He had an excellent 2nd half last season against the Steelers…. He was worse in the 2nd half this game. He had a bad game. 

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh and the deep ball had been a consistent struggle for him. He still can’t throw an accurate deep ball. It’s a concern at this point. 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… but he loves ***** around at practice. 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why the ***** is he still here? 

Dude is average at best…they should’ve use his cap and got someone better…. Just a lot of questionable off-season moves that reared their ugly head in today’s game.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What did you expect? They did nothing to upgrade these areas.

Looks like you were right.  You are the smartest guy in the room.

Beane and McDermott are below average at best.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yup. Did you also see Spain playing guard for them.  What happened to that guy in Buffalo? He would start over any of our current guards. 

Mutual parting of ways at the beginning of last season. Didn't we release him like three games into the season, if I remember correctly. 

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I agree, I think everything kinda stemmed from the O line getting absolutely owned by the steelers 4. The pressure stressed Allen, making play calls difficult. Not sure why everyone is saying Allen played like trash, he had an off day but there isn't a qb in the nfl that succeeds from that kind of front 4 pressure. (See mahomes superbowl). We made a few huge mistakes against an elite D. You don't win games that way. 

I don't get the Allen hate either.  Not a great game, but he didn't lose it for us.  We outgained the Steelers by 120 yards.  We lost because of o-line and secondary penalties, our inability to convert on the Steelers side of the field, and because all of the "big plays" seemed to go in favor of the Steelers.  This game doesn't worry me too much on its own.  Also, Tre White's holding call that negated his INT was a very suspect call.  If that play stands, there's a good chance that we win this game going away and it's a weeklong party here on TSW.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is what happens to over confident teams. Offense thought they would be able to come out and do what they wanted but couldn’t execute. The defense started off good but a lack of pressure in the second half cost them. It’s on to week 2 but the team deserves every bit of criticism they get. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, MPT said:

Disagree about DL and punter. The DL played very well the first half until the Steelers figured out they could just hold them every play without getting called for it. Haack had a few very nice punts and didn't shank any like their punter did (or like Bojo used to). On the blocked punt one of the Steelers came right up the middle basically unblocked.

Our punter is slow as molasses didn’t you see that in preseason. He stands there and stands there!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Pittsburg adjusted in the second half, we didn’t..,

I definitely saw some growth. There were some nice clean pockets for Josh to step up into, but Steelers secondary played really well today. 

The bad plays are the Josh designed runs. That isn’t necessary anymore unless it’s 2nd and 3. Playcalling was too cute like others said.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I don't get the Allen hate either.  Not a great game, but he didn't lose it for us.  We outgained the Steelers by 120 yards.  We lost because of o-line and secondary penalties, our inability to convert on the Steelers side of the field, and because all of the "big plays" seemed to go in favor of the Steelers.  This game doesn't worry me too much on its own.  Also, Tre White's holding call that negated his INT was a very suspect call.  If that play stands, there's a good chance that we win this game going away and it's a weeklong party here on TSW.

Criticism does not equate into hate.

Allen didn't play well. He missed a wide open TD by 5 yards with no pressure. That just can't keep happening.  

• Like (+1) 1