Allen comments on getting too hyped up before games

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're trying to twist your own words. You said dumb thing and were called out on those dumb things. Stop trying to take a victory lap and figure out why you need a victory lap on message board. 

Nailed it. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're trying to twist your own words. You said dumb thing and were called out on those dumb things. Stop trying to take a victory lap and figure out why you need a victory lap on message board. 

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm a straight shooter. No idea what I could be twisting here.

Also, "dumb things" that have nothing to do with this topic are irrelevant.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen appeared on Bills Pod Squad with Maddy Glab and Kim Pegula yesterday and commented on getting too hyped up before games and needing to calm himself down.

"When I get amped up, I get so anxious and aggressive. I come out there and I just can't throw the ball right. So I literally have to try to calm myself down as much as possible because I'm so happy I get to play football."

Many posters here have criticized me and others who have brought this up, said it was fake news, etc., so here you go. Concerns about Josh's readiness to handle a full stadium of amped-up fans are warranted and a very valid discussion point. Hopefully, he'll show that he's ready to overcome these concerns.

It's one of the big changes he seems to have made, plays more cool to start the games. Speaking for myself, there was a time early on where I thought that's just who he was. Proved me totally wrong 

Allen appeared on Bills Pod Squad with Maddy Glab and Kim Pegula yesterday and commented on getting too hyped up before games and needing to calm himself down.

"When I get amped up, I get so anxious and aggressive. I come out there and I just can't throw the ball right. So I literally have to try to calm myself down as much as possible because I'm so happy I get to play football."

Many posters here have criticized me and others who have brought this up, said it was fake news, etc., so here you go. Concerns about Josh's readiness to handle a full stadium of amped-up fans are warranted and a very valid discussion point. Hopefully, he'll show that he's ready to overcome these concerns.

and we will continue to.

• Haha (+1) 2

Gotta settle down those adrenals Joshy... no coffee or energy drinks or dip before games or during...:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

This isn't a huge deal. Other QBs have had this same thing, Favre and Elway come to mind. Maybe it's the strong armed guys that it affects more because they throw it so hard. I think that's why Allen likes to run early and get a little contact, just to knock the cobwebs off and get him into the game. 

The Steelers game will be a good barometer because it's game 1 and the crowd will be insane.

Allen showed in the pre-season game that he has changed his mindset.  He started very calmly taking what the defense gave. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Stef said this when asked about being named a captain, and how he leads, that different players respond to different things. I believe he referenced that some guys need juice, others need “calmed down” like josh 

Cool thought.

Man kinda sucks to be the guy in Josh's shoes. I'd guess 98% of the room hypes themselves like they're on PCP, which is a blast, and you gotta dodge most of that and reel it in.  Talk about sacrifice! 

Keep the headphones on and the Elvis ready!

At least people are admitting that he's talked about it. Most posters here like to pretend it's a non-issue. Here Allen is literally telling you that it's an issue, and people still want to shoot the messenger because they can't handle anything but blind positivity.

I think you're creating a controversy so you can whine about it.

Most posters here are aware of Allen talking about it.  They're also aware that being initially too "amped up" was probably not a deciding factor in either home wins, or home losses back in 2019. 

I have not read anyone saying it's "fake news"

The criticisms you have faced are for assuming

1) it's related to a full stadium at home and not just to "playing football" (which is what your Josh quote says - not that he's "amped up" by the home crowd, that he's "amped up" by getting to play football)

2) it will remain a problem after dramatically improving his abilities (and thus his confidence) as a QB

3) it affects the entire game

4) it's been a deciding factor in wins and losses

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

You worry about way to much stuff Giuseppe, but this seems to be your M O, just enjoy the first of many wins this season. 

Go Bills!!!

I mean... he is a young man that is one of the best in the world at what he does and is living a childhood fantasy.  He is playing around a bunch of others in the same boat in front of people that love and cheer for them.  He plays around people he grew up admiring.  Who the hell wouldn't be amped up?  It will come with age.  He is fine.

There is also a balance to it.  Too amped and you might get a little wild.  Too calm and you might be flat.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

At least people are admitting that he's talked about it. Most posters here like to pretend it's a non-issue. Here Allen is literally telling you that it's an issue, and people still want to shoot the messenger because they can't handle anything but blind positivity.

Blind positivity? What alternate universe Two Bills Drive have you been reading? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Did he say ANYTHING about the crowd being a cause for his getting hyped before the game. ANYTHING? If not, your comment about the crowd remains unsubstantiated. 

• Thank you (+1) 2