Star is OUT for Steelers game

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Process said:

McBeane is definitely not without flaws.

Relying on Star as a solution to a major hole we had at DT was a very poor decision, IMO.

DT and CB depth was a major issue last season, it's really hard to be understand why they did nothing to address it. 

Resources (cap space) are finite, draft picks are finite, and they have to make decisions as to what to address and where to take risks. 

Unlike fans who can critique each position on an individual basis, they need to manage the whole. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Large dead cap and cap savings was negligible otherwise he would 100% have been released or had a reduced salary.  

He renegotiated pre-pandemic.  then opted out and kicked the can down the road.  Next year the dead cap is about 5 with about 4 in space freed up by dumping him.  I think they can find a comparable replacement or upgrade with the cap savings.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Resources (cap space) are finite, draft picks are finite, and they have to make decisions as to what to address and where to take risks. 

Unlike fans who can critique each position on an individual basis, they need to manage the whole. 

I am not blaming Beane for not filling the NT hole this offseason - he addressed an aging DE situation and plugged the holes he could while making the logical gamble that Star would adequately fulfill the remainder of his contract - which he may still do. Star is going to take some heat for skipping a season because of Covid concerns, yet not getting vaccinated, showing up to camp and promptly ending up on the injury report missing the first game.

Other guys on defense are earning those checks - even Edmunds whom we would all like to see pull his game together with getting off blocks, the gap fits, and tackling, shows up and has played through some painful nagging injuries that took time to heal  - so I critique his game or the scheme and how he is used but I never question his heart.

If anything with OBD, I do think there was a trend to overpay for some ex-Panthers, but who can question that the overall job with the franchise has been solid.

Wasn't crazy about the signing when it went down. Especially knowing it was a done deal before FA even started. 10mil per for a player of his caliber was ridiculous. It had that Carolina stench all over it. He's not bad, he's just not 10 mil per year good. What's worse is when the team needs him most he's never there to answer the call, but make no mistake he's there to cash his game check.  He's just been money wasted IMO.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

I am not blaming Beane for not filling the NT hole this offseason - he addressed an aging DE situation and plugged the holes he could while making the logical gamble that Star would adequately fulfill the remainder of his contract - which he may still do. Star is going to take some heat for skipping a season because of Covid concerns, yet not getting vaccinated, showing up to camp and promptly ending up on the injury report missing the first game.

Other guys on defense are earning those checks - even Edmunds whom we would all like to see pull his game together with getting off blocks, the gap fits, and tackling, shows up and has played through some painful nagging injuries that took time to heal  - so I critique his game or the scheme and how he is used but I never question his heart.

If anything with OBD, I do think there was a trend to overpay for some ex-Panthers, but who can question that the overall job with the franchise has been solid.

You can agree that overall the job Beane has done has been solid AND acknowledge thee very terrible signing of Star Louteleili

• Agree 1

We beat them last year, we beat them the year before, so I think we will beat them again. Josh is just too good and Star is just too insignificant. The thing is with Star, is he is our one true-blue one-tech. Vernon prefer three, Harrison is always battling injuries with his move to one-tech, Ed and The Zimmerman are three-techs.

The thing we're going to miss is the new look Defense and now we cannot so I'm bummed.

Perhaps Harry is healthy enough to start at one-tech, he wasn't last year. If Harry can handle one-tech, Ed can stay at three-tech perhaps.

The big news I think for Bills fans is that one DT was going to be inactive, and that one DT was probably the very popular Justin Zimmer. So Bills fans, rejoice, The Zimmerman Approacheth.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully he’s only out for this game. But IMO, Bills need to address this position in the off-season. Harry isn’t it and Zimmerman is a complimentary back up.  Certainly not getting the cart ahead of the horse but DT, TE, secondary help and a future center to replace Morse will be needs going into the next offseason. Hopefully those additions make us even stronger as defending SB champions!

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

For all the Vida Vea stuff, the guy was picked 12th overall in the 1st.  We don’t have nor have we had that capital.  He’s a great player, but it’s like we should have Aaron Donald, yeah and I’d like to be 6’3 tall dark and handsome.  Not in the cards.

The Stealers got Watt at the end of the first and now we have Groot, you can get anything at the end of the round if you really work to find the answer, especially if you  are willing to go BPA.... Not saying Groot is a pro bowler or anything like that but it really feels like the abills won the lottery getting Groot at our #1 need.

Furthermore, if they watched Buffalo, it was the playoffs games, after Josh Allen's receivers were all beat-up.

Sunday we are going to see Josh with four healthy starting receivers, he never really had that last year...

Diggs, Sanders, Beasley and Davis are going to be devastating with Josh Allen, watch....

I'm watching GMF now and I gotta tell you, I'm a little surprised there isn't more talk about the huge game coming up in KC at home vs. the new look browns...... I know, I have that game set to record....

Im looking to see if the chefs bleed (again) But should they....

It's officially  time to worry about the browns.

25 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

The Stealers got Watt at the end of the first and now we have Groot, you can get anything at the end of the round if you really work to find the answer, especially if you  are willing to go BPA.... Not saying Groot is a pro bowler or anything like that but it really feels like the abills won the lottery getting Groot at our #1 need.

I’d love it if we picked up a one tech DT at 30, but they usually don’t drop.  Then again to you’re point, Milano, and Diggs we’re 5th round picks.  My point is simply it’s not Madden, and just more skill and luck when you get a star at the end of the round.  I love what I think GROOT will be, but it hasn’t happened yet.  I’m trying to temper my enthusiasm until it happens.  We may have lucked into him given he didn’t play the year before, and really only had one top college year.  That’s not normal.

Please don’t take I don’t want a Vea.  I’d love to, but not normal when you’re picking at the end of the draft as I believe our team is that good we will pick towards the end of the draft each year.