Belichick has only one active QB

Albany,n.y.

11 hours ago, Coastie said:

It you are an military academy quarterback you did not throw many passes. I'm sorry, I an retired military and watched many inter service games, they are not prepping you to be an NFL QB.

Probably why he switched to WR.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

The Patriots are going to be so awful this year. This is not a case of Belicheat turning absolutely nothing into a pesky playoff bubble team, this is the bottom falling out. I bet they finish behind the Jets.

Man, I hope you're right.

They have one of the best O-lines in the league, a very solid defense, and probably one of the better running games.  I think the Pats are going to be a tough out.

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

The Patriots are going to be so awful this year. This is not a case of Belicheat turning absolutely nothing into a pesky playoff bubble team, this is the bottom falling out. I bet they finish behind the Jets.

They won 7 games with a QB who threw 8 TDs and 10 ints.  They had no functional TE.  Their WR group was trash.  Yet they had the #7 D in points.  Now they have Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry plus Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.  On D they added Pro Bowler Judon, beefed up at CB and brought back Van Noy.

On paper at least, it's a better team.  The rookie QB would have to go a long way to play worse than Newton.  They won't challenge the Bills for the Division, but the Jets blow and Miami with Tua could be a disaster.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

They won 7 games with a QB who threw 8 TDs and 10 ints.  They had no functional TE.  Their WR group was trash.  Yet they had the #7 D in points.  Now they have Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry plus Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.  On D they added Pro Bowler Judon, beefed up at CB and brought back Van Noy.

On paper at least, it's a better team.  The rookie QB would have to go a long way to play worse than Newton.  They won't challenge the Bills for the Division, but the Jets blow and Miami with Tua could be a disaster.

Operative word is rookie.  As I have always asserted, Jones is the most intriguing rookie this year, he could be a total disaster  and worse than Cam 2020 or s  star.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Operative word is rookie.  As I have always asserted, Jones is the most intriguing rookie this year, he could be a total disaster  and worse than Cam 2020 or s  star.

Newton was awful.  Hoyer could come in and win 8 games with this roster.

11 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Would love to see it.

Really looking forward to the Dolphins vs. Patriots week one game. Somebody's got to lose! Tua has some pretty good skill players now but I still think he is going to struggle against the Patriots D.  Even without Gilmore. 

As for Mac Jones. Freaking Dolphins D better not let him have a decent game. New England will probably just run it anyway though. Mac will have like 18-20 pass attempts.

Am I the only one who does not get the hype. I was at lunch the other day, and the bartender was talking about how he looked like Brady....WHAT?

I think he has a good arm and is an accurate passer, but he seems to stare down receivers for eternity. Unless he fixes that, I just see him getting worked by starting defenses who are game planning against him. The Phins defense was solid last year. Unless they get a little surprised because he is a rook, and play on their heels a bit, I suspect 2 picks from Jones. 

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think he is intriguing to some because he is a Patriot now, if he was with another team nobody here would be focusing on him like that. (Not dissing anyone)

Look at how many rookie QBs are starting this year and how many 2nd year QBs will be playing. To me Lawrence w Meyer is a more intriguing, Hurts, Tua, Burrow, Herbert etc..again I am not trying to crap on what topic people decide to talk about..just saying.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I dont disagree with that.  Newton was awful but not awful enough for Bill not to resign him.  I think it was his attitude and Covid/unvaxxed did him in. 

Bills should have offered Hoyer $5 million to sign with them.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I think he is intriguing to some because he is a Patriot now, if he was with another team nobody here would be focusing on him like that. (Not dissing anyone)

Look at how many rookie QBs are starting this year and how many 2nd year QBs will be playing. To me Lawrence w Meyer is a more intriguing, Hurts, Tua, Burrow, Herbert etc..again I am not trying to crap on what topic people decide to talk about..just saying.

Agree with that if you throw in Urban Meyer angle.  Urban already looks defeated, like Nick Saban as a pro coach, what he does with Lawrence is pretty intriguing.  Too bad for Lawrence he didnt get a proven NFL HC not some kind of experiment.

I put the Over/under at 2 years on Meyers's career in Jax.

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont disagree with that.  Newton was awful but not awful enough for Bill not to resign him.  I think it was his attitude and Covid/unvaxxed did him in. 

BB used Newton's vax status as a means to get rid of him with no blow back from anywhere.  He had made the decision to go with the rookie.  He didn't need Newton around as a distraction.  The vax issue solved all of his Cam problems.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

4 of those 7 wins came against the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders. Baltimore, Arizona, and Chargers were the other 3.  Neither Arizona nor the Chargers finished above .500 despite their good QB play.  The Dolphins I think lucked into a lot of flukey wins and were worse than they finished.  So in honesty, they beat 1 good team and a bunch of terrible to average teams.

I don't think NE is a team to look past but I also don't think they are this scary team that people should be worried about.  If we had a solid line, run game, and defense... all you would hear is fans saying this is a passing league.

Edited by Scott7975

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

4 of those 7 wins came against the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders. Baltimore, Arizona, and Chargers were the other 3.  Neither Arizona nor the Chargers finished above .500 despite their good QB play.  The Dolphins I think lucked into a lot of flukey wins and were worse than they finished.  So in honesty, they beat 1 good team and a bunch of terrible to average teams.

I don't think NE is a team to look past but I also don't think they are this scary team that people should be worried about.  If we had a solid line, run game, and defense... all you would hear is fans saying this is a passing league.

Haven't seen them described as scary anywhere. But I'm not sure how they are worse than last season. Or worse than the Jets.

19 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah, no.  He's worth league minimum at best.  And with Trubisky he doesn't even merit a roster spot (and I'd submit not even a PS spot).

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure he could now. The Cleveland, Houston, Chicago era Hoyer could. I don't think at almost 36 he is that guy anymore.

18 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We had years with a solid line, run game and defense and people here were saying we should contend for a wildcard. That is what people are saying about New England too. I wouldn't be stunned if New England missed the playoffs but I'd be surprised of they don't win 8 or 9 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Lol at the different yardsticks used for the Patriots vs the Bills. If Buffalo had their QB situation no one would be talking playoffs. Then again the Patriots do have those special helmet radios that keep working during plays. Definitely a help for a rookie QB.

• Like (+1) 2