AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

On 12/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, nucci said:

why should taxpayers give billionaires money to build their facility? The NFL can afford to build new stadiums for every team. The Pegula's are worth close to $6B. Why do they need to be given money?

If you dislike it so much, stop following the NFL. Make a stetement.

The way I look at it is at least, for once, tax dollars are going to something I actually enjoy.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The tea leaves locally tell me the deal is done.  No leaks around because this is the governors news to break and nobody wants to step on the story.   Can’t say more, and I’m not 100% sure.  But if I had to bet on it based on some comings and goings among local pols the deal is done. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The tea leaves locally tell me the deal is done.  No leaks around because this is the governors news to break and nobody wants to step on the story.   Can’t say more, and I’m not 100% sure.  But if I had to bet on it based on some comings and goings among local pols the deal is done. 

So you’re saying a downtown dome then?  🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah, I think its been pretty clear for the last 6 months or so we were rumbling towards a deal at about this point.  I always figured it would be announced before the first playoff game, but I didnt take the Governor's State of the State opportunity to grab a headline.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:18 AM, nucci said:

why should taxpayers give billionaires money to build their facility? The NFL can afford to build new stadiums for every team. The Pegula's are worth close to $6B. Why do they need to be given money?

Mainly because the team doesn't own the facility, Erie County owns Highmark & they own the land for the new stadium.  Very few teams own the facility they play in.  If one municipality won't build one (example Oakland Raiders who are now the Las Vegas Raiders) another municipality will.  If you seriously believe a team that is forced to build their own facility, outside of a huge city, not a smaller one like Buffalo, would agree to build a stadium they don't own, you're living in a fantasy world.  

Let me put in another way:  I've already stated the land & building is owned by Erie County.  If you were renting a house from someone and the house was deteriorating to the point that it was no longer viable for much longer & your landlord told you they're building a brand new house for you, but they expect you to pay 100% to build it I'd bet you would be looking for a new landlord & location.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.