McD's Presser

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He looks like Beane, like a beaten dog on this

Agree he seems pretty tired of walking the line of not publicly calling out players but also giving information.  It has to be hard walking that line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

On what?

Watch the presser. 

McD is getting hammered with questions about McKenzie's tweets and Beasley and the unvaccinated players who are out as close contacts, just like Beane did.

Sal finally asked him a football question and McD cracked a smile and thanked him.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree he seems pretty tired of walking the line of not publicly calling out players but also giving information.  It has to be hard walking that line.

He did finally come out and say something along the lines of “I am passionate about doing what I feel is right for this country and that is getting the vaccine”. Which is about as spicy as McD gets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

McD said vaxed/unvaxed won't be a variable on who makes the roster but I don't believe it.

Me neither, but Commish said that cannot be a reason, so it was a loaded question that McD answered properly 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

He did finally come out and say something along the lines of “I am passionate about doing what I feel is right for this country and that is getting the vaccine”. Which is about as spicy as McD gets. 

What a horrible leader… everyone knows the best leaders let their emotions boil over publicly! Everyone knows bad leaders remain cool, calm and collected in the most difficult moments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed.  He looked like a man whose pillow was full of rocks last night.

It has got to be frustrating to him for a ton of different reasons. He has built his career here on stuff like, “process” and “team”.  Which for a year he probably thought would favor the Bills. But that’s not the case at the moment. He has far less control than he realized (not a criticism). I’m sure he wants to shake these guys like crazy. It’s probably very personal to him right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Me neither, but Commish said that cannot be a reason, so it was a loaded question that McD answered properly 

Well, the next time Beasely doesn't wear a mask, which I will go ahead and guess will be the next time he's in the facility, he can be suspended so we will see what tack the team wants to take.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

What a horrible leader… everyone knows the best leaders let their emotions boil over publicly! Everyone knows bad leaders remain cool, calm and collected in the most difficult moments. 

I am super unsure if this is sarcastic or not? I don’t think I came close to implying that like at all…

But also, McD was pretty level headed there….

• Like (+1) 1

Shame shame shame on all you reporters asking the same question over and over again. You had 15 minutes to get some football questions in and you chose to flog the covid horse.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10
  • Dislike 3

It has got to be frustrating to him for a ton of different reasons. He has built his career here on stuff like, “process” and “team”.  Which for a year he probably thought would favor the Bills. But that’s not the case at the moment. He has far less control than he realized (not a criticism). I’m sure he wants to shake these guys like crazy. It’s probably very personal to him right now. 

On a positive note, after his presser, I googled “Enhanced Discipline” and met some new friends. 

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Well, the next time Beasely doesn't wear a mask, which I will go ahead and guess will be the next time he's in the facility, he can be suspended so we will see what tack the team wants to take.

Actually he will get a Full Game Check Fine.

Then 4 game suspension unpaid 

He really needs to take his own advice and get off Social Media at this point

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

He's got tons of control over who is on the team or not.  There are other slot receivers in the world.  Over ANY other issue if there were a player flying in the face of the organization like this they'd have been gone a long time ago. Either that or the process is bull####.

• Like (+1) 1

I am super unsure if this is sarcastic or not? I don’t think I came close to implying that like at all…

But also, McD was pretty level headed there….

Lol sorry… not directed at you… bringing over frustration from an idiotic comment on another thread. 

Yes, it was sarcastic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Actually he will get a Full Game Check Fine.

Then 4 game suspension unpaid 

He really needs to take his own advice and get off Social Media at this point

So we will see what the team wants to do, are they going to be the ones to crack down and impose that fine or are they going to make the league be the bad guys?  Or are they going to casually drop a dime to the league office to send a monitor back? 

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Not necessarily. He said he had a mask on that whole day. Apparently he didn’t only for 5 steps from the entry door to the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Lol sorry… not directed at you… bringing over frustration from an idiotic comment on another thread. 

Yes, it was sarcastic. 

I know the comment you’re talking about. I thought so but wasn’t sure. Crazy times man. Ha! 

Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

He's got tons of control over who is on the team or not.  There are other slot receivers in the world.  Over ANY other issue if there were a player flying in the face of the organization like this they'd have been gone a long time ago. Either that or the process is bull####.

Or you just don’t get how this works?

You’re defeating the process if you cut players for their personal beliefs in a situation where the league has made it possible to have personal beliefs. 

That’s how you lose their respect and show them that you never actually cared about them in the first place… which is what everything in Buffalo is built upon. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

So we will see what the team wants to do, are they going to be the ones to crack down and impose that fine or are they going to make the league be the bad guys?  Or are they going to casually drop a dime to the league office to send a monitor back? 

From what I understand they have cameras monitoring this, and will provide the feed of violations to the league from my understanding 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not necessarily. He said he had a mask on that whole day. Apparently he didn’t only for 5 steps from the entry door to the locker room. 

And he obviously didnt at another point either, otherwise he would not be getting a fine, and instead a warning.  So I dont care, the Rules are the Rules

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

120 players across the league got that same letter. Teams will keep the best players. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

According to him, which means the league monitor was standing right there within those "5 steps" to see him which means Cole saw them also. You know you're breaking a rule and you see an unknown person at the entrance to your facility what do you do, you immediately comply so as not to get in trouble, and you now know the person is on site so of course you stay compliant that day.  None of us know about all the other days.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Or you just don’t get how this works?

You’re defeating the process if you cut players for their personal beliefs in a situation where the league has made it possible to have personal beliefs. 

That’s how you lose their respect and show them that you never actually cared about them in the first place… which is what everything in Buffalo is built upon. 

This. I think today we saw a guy trying to manage the fine line between being a leader at work and managing his personal beliefs. 

At a bar with his buddies I wouldn’t be shocked if McD’s personal preference isn’t to cut these guys, or hit them in the head with a rubber mallet. But part of what makes McD good at his job is he seems to regularly separate McD the coach and McD the person. 

Right now he is frustrated at the position he is in. I trust him to figure it out. 

Edited by Mango
Autocorrect
  • Like (+1) 9

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

120 players across the league got that same letter. Teams will keep the best players. 

Nice. 1.6M.  They needed new furniture at headquarters and the kitty was low.  They hope to get enough to upgrade the carpeting next week. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This. I think today we saw a guy trying to manage the fine line between being a leader at work and managing his personal beliefs. 

At a bar with his buddies I wouldn’t be shocked if McD’s personal preference isn’t to cut these guys, or hit them in the head with a rubber mallet. But Orr of what makes McD good at his job is he seems to regularly spectate McD the coach and McD the person. 

Right now he is frustrated at the position he is in. I trust him to figure it out. 

A lot of really good leaders have their own way of saying it… but the first one that comes to mind is Jocko Willink… leaders need to be able to “detach and assess.” 

You’re spot on in your evaluation of what makes McDermott unique. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This wouldn't be cutting someone for his personal belief. This would be planning for the season and the future. If Beasley isn't going to be available to the team consistently, one plan for the current season and the future would be to cut him, give the starting job in the slot to Mackenzie.  That would create the room on the roster necessary to keep Stevenson and protect him from being signed away by another team. At some point Stevenson might take the slot job from Mackenzie.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

This wouldn't be cutting someone for his personal belief. This would be planning for the season and the future. If Beasley isn't going to be available to the team consistently, one plan for the current season and the future would be to cut him, give the starting job in the slot to Mackenzie.  That would create the room on the roster necessary to keep Stevenson and protect him from being signed away by another team. At some point Stevenson might take the slot job from Mackenzie.

McKenzie is unvaccinated too and has just as good of a chance at missing games as Beasley does. 

So yes, it wouldn’t be for Beasley’s personal beliefs, it would just be a bad decision lol

• Agree 1